Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shoplifting and looting becoming more common

Myles

1 minute ago, el midgetron said:

I quit going to Portland about the time the doctor assigned my gender. 

You're legit a pathetic human being.  You want to think you're a man's man, but you aren't.  You are so enamored with trans women, because they are more of a man than you will ever be.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

You're legit a pathetic human being.  You want to think you're a man's man, but you aren't. 

18 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

WTH?  Can't red Texas control their citizens?  

Apparently not. They should take a lesson from some blue states and legitimize this behavior. Problem solved. 

45 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Apparently not. They should take a lesson from some blue states and legitimize this behavior. Problem solved. 

Well, el, how is the left supposed to learn if the right can't do any better?

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, el, how is the left supposed to learn if the right can't do any better?

How long did these idiots in Texas block an intersection? Did the local authorities allow them to declare it an autonomous zone for weeks on end? Did Texas quit prosecuting thefts under $950?

Crime happens, tolerance of criminal behavior is special.

• Like 1

https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/wheeler-fires-back-as-abbott-blames-portland-walmart-closures-on-mob-take-over/

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Mayor Ted Wheeler is firing back at Texas Gov. Greg Abbott who recently blamed the upcoming closures of Portland’s last two Walmart locations on the city’s apparent lack of law and order.

The following day Wheeler pushed back with his own Twitter post, saying “Governor Abbott, are the dozens of Walmart stores that have closed in Texas in recent years all communities that ‘refuse to enforce the rule of law?’ The retail industry is changing and retail theft is a national issue.”

Here is what the map of the Portland area looks like by Walmart location.

The two circled in red are the two closing. The yellow is the areas of elevated crimes, including much higher shoplifting. Also it's the area controlled by the Portland Mayor. Coincidence??

The conclusion is obvious.

Screenshot_20230307_154356_Maps.thumb.jpg.527c1627231753a877962bf0ebc607aa.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/wheeler-fires-back-as-abbott-blames-portland-walmart-closures-on-mob-take-over/

Here is what the map of the Portland area looks like by Walmart location.

The two circled in red are the two closing. The yellow is the areas of elevated crimes, including much higher shoplifting. Also it's the area controlled by the Portland Mayor. Coincidence??

The conclusion is obvious.

Screenshot_20230307_154356_Maps.thumb.jpg.527c1627231753a877962bf0ebc607aa.jpg

If I recall correctly, Walmart closed 17 stores in San Francisco. They claimed it was due to the massive theft problems they had.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

If I recall correctly, Walmart closed 17 stores in San Francisco. They claimed it was due to the massive theft problems they had.

Portland politicians are still trying to hide how poorly they have made things in their city.   I do not blame Walmart at all.   Or CVS or any other stores.   

Soon the headlines will be that racism makes it that black people do not have easy access to these stores.  

• Like 2

A large group of teenagers ransacked a restaurant in Queens, New York, and the suspects are reportedly still on the loose.

The suspects entered Fish Village in College Point on Saturday morning and began trashing the place without saying anything, the restaurant's manager told WABC.

Video taken from inside the restaurant shows the masked teenagers flipping tables, throwing chairs and breaking dishes.

Hu said the group largely consisted of Asians but that some were Hispanic. About 30 customers were inside the establishment when it happened.

The attack caused an estimated $20,000 in damages, according to the restaurant.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/teenagers-ransack-queens-seafood-restaurant-police-searching-suspects

• Like 1

4 hours ago, el midgetron said:

WHAT??? The Coronas aren't good enough to trash? 

Dude is obviously  drunk. Now store will close. Store workers lose their jobs. Drunk Idiot will have to go tear up a different store next time. IF he can even get liquor anymore. When all the stores are gone, there's no more booze, so forced rehab the hard way.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DieChecker said:

WHAT??? The Coronas aren't good enough to trash? 

Dude is obviously  drunk. Now store will close. Store workers lose their jobs. Drunk Idiot will have to go tear up a different store next time. IF he can even get liquor anymore. When all the stores are gone, there's no more booze, so forced rehab the hard way.

You ever heard of home brew?

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

You ever heard of home brew?

Sure. You think this person has that ability?

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

Sure. You think this person has that ability?

Who knows.   I don't know him so I can't judge whether he does or not.  And if he doesn't he probably has a friend or aquaintance who does.  And there is always that good old standby, Listerine that my first brother in law used.:lol:

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

Apparently, the excuse used on Twatter was “she was stabbing people”. 

4 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

Wheelchair lady stopped them stealing that cart full of stuff. She's the hero in this.

It does my heart good to see these ruffians treating her like just another person. They are truly embracing diversity in their rioting. (Sarcasm)

• Like 2

https://www.kptv.com/2023/03/06/anti-shoplifting-blitz-ne-portland-sends-message-police-cracking-down-police-say/

Having a heavy police presence in the area also led to other arrests not associated with the retail theft mission. Portland Police said a Multnomah County Deputy District Attorney was also on the scene to help officers file police reports. Zaitz said many people arrested during these missions are repeat offenders. She said each incident of shoplifting can have a larger impact on the city.

“We’re having big retailers leave,” Zaitz said. “I mean to have Walmart close two of its stores is a really big deal. The people in those neighborhoods, that’s where they shop.”

Police said their retail theft missions send a message that they’re cracking down on all crime, no matter if it’s shoplifting or stealing cars.”

“For a long time we kind of let everybody get away with it, we just didn’t have the resources to actually touch on it,” Zaitz said. “Now it’s good to actually be able to arrest people and hold them accountable and hopefully get them the help they need.”

They did. For a long time, they just let them get away with it.

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

So what's the solution? Get tougher on crime?

America is already the most incarcerated country on Earth.

4 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

So what's the solution? Get tougher on crime?

America is already the most incarcerated country on Earth.

I think the solution was to not defund the police during a season of riots, and then publically state that due to Covid19 that minor crimes weren't going to be prosecuted. Then due to much fewer officers bigger crimes really took off. Portland PD was at like 60% manpower compared to 2019, at one point.

Pretty much all neighboring cities in the same metro region, with nearly the same ethnic mix, that didn't defund, and didn't allow misdemeanors, have not seen the same crime rate rises. 

Correlation isn't necessarily always true, but it can strongly suggest.

I understand we incarcerate a lot of people, but what's the other option...  lawlessness in entire urban neighborhoods? Is that preferential that hundreds of thousands live in fear, or rather that hundreds go to prison?

• Like 3

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-man-crushed-death-attempting-steal-catalytic-converter-police

Looks like this guy should have brought a buddy.

Catalytic converters are stolen here every day it seems. Guy just down the block got his taken off his RV. Wife's grandpa a half dozen blocks away also had his converter cut off. And his cars prowler at night.

• Sad 1

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 2:46 PM, DieChecker said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-man-crushed-death-attempting-steal-catalytic-converter-police

Looks like this guy should have brought a buddy.

Catalytic converters are stolen here every day it seems. Guy just down the block got his taken off his RV. Wife's grandpa a half dozen blocks away also had his converter cut off. And his cars prowler at night.

Two cars in the apartment complex (4 apartments) lost their catalytic converters the same night.   I think several people on the block did.   Not sure why they only chose 2 of the 4 vehicles in the driveway.

• Sad 1