Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shoplifting and looting becoming more common

Myles

Good stuff OverSword.  This is where we are going.  We have to fight the criminals more and more on our own.  I would strongly considering carrying a gun if I lived in a bigger city.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

Good stuff OverSword.  This is where we are going.  We have to fight the criminals more and more on our own.  I would strongly considering carrying a gun if I lived in a bigger city.

With the amount of shootings in my neighborhood lately I'm considering it but I have a hard time picturing myself walking around with a pistol in my waist band.  The other day I was in the pizza place which is narrow and deep with a bar on one side and booths on the other and for some reason it occurred to me (there were two shootings nearby recently) that if some nut came in and opened fire there would be no way to avoid getting shot.  It suck when you can't have a slice of pizza without being tactically aware, but it feels like it's starting to get to that point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hopefully some more thieves get shot.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/desperate-small-business-owners-sleeping-in-stores-guns-bulletproof-vests-deter-robbers

A Houston bar owner is speaking out about crime in the city after repetitive break-ins and robberies. 

Star Sailor owner Marin Slanina joined "Fox & Friends" to discuss how crime is hurting small businesses like hers. 

"You name it, we're all getting broken into," said Slanina. 

"I have been burglarized 15 times in the last year," said one owner.

"Some [business owners] have gone to the great lengths of living in their business with a bulletproof vest and shotgun, during the hours these break-ins are happening," said Slanina. 

"Anybody who walks in the door, you want to give them benefit of the doubt.  [However], you still have to have your guard up.  You still have to be ready to take care of your house."

Slanina described what her business and others nearby have experienced, including eight break-ins in less than two days.

"Back in May of last year, we were broken into the first time, as you saw from that surveillance video, it was a cash and grab, came in and stole our cash box. They also broke into the nail salon next door and the hair salon. And then less than 48 hours later, they came and got us. The nail salon, the hair salon, another restaurant business, and another restaurant business," she recalled.

"We are fearful for our lives, and we've got to defend what's ours… under any means necessary," Jacobo said

This isn't shoplifting or looting, but does go hand in hand...

KOIN.com: Oregon ranks worst in the country for drug problems: Report.
https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/oregon-ranks-worst-in-the-country-for-drug-problems-report/

Although legal in Oregon, marijuana use is still federally illegal and the study found that an estimated 26% of people age 12+ had used marijuana in some form in the previous year from when the study was taken. The largest group was ages 18-25, with an estimated 47.28% of people using marijuana.

One quarter of all kids are smoking dope. Half of all young adults smoke pot. 

According to WalletHub’s study, Oregon has the highest percentage of adults with unmet drug treatment needs.

Wonderful, huh? Tell all the kids drugs are OK. And then if they do get in over their head, there's no treatment options.

Kids then need their drugs. And that's how criminals get minted.

Thanks, 30 years of Democrat control.

• Like 1

Well the police got another thug.   This is pretty cool.   The thief shoots 1 cop at close range and then gets shot by 5 cops at close range.  

A Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office deputy was shot in the face in Northwest Jacksonville Friday night during a confrontation with a burglary suspect, who was killed in the exchange, authorities said.

The shooting took place after five JSO deputies responded to a possible burglary and located a possible suspect, who was not compliant and fired at the officers, according to Sheriff T.K. Waters. Each of the officers returned fire, killing the suspect, he said.

Waters explained the shooting was the culmination of investigative efforts that started at 5:30 p.m., when officers received calls of a possible burglary at a residence "very close" to the eventual shooting. The shooting was "about two blocks" away from the initial residence, Waters said later.

"The officers were following up on that burglary, and at about 6:30 p.m., they located a suspect and a suspect’s vehicle at the 1800 block of Hardee St.," he said.

The suspect was asleep in the back passenger seat, Waters noted.

"They approached the vehicle, spoke to a resident of the house at that location, and found out who was inside the vehicle," he added. 

The sheriff said police were able to track some of the stolen items to the residence. 

he five JSO officers returned to the car, formulated a plan, and noticed the handgun on the roof. The firearm was removed. 

"They made a plan to open the door, not go inside, and have a conversation with him [the male suspect]," Waters explained. 

"They asked him to show them his hands on several occasions, like seven or eight times, from different officers," he continued. "They asked him also to get out of the car."

He refused, told the police not to point the flashlight in his face, and "for an unknown reason" fired at the officers, Waters said.

The bullet grazed the officer’s face on the left side. 

"Officers returned fire, all five of them, striking him several times [and] killing him at the scene," the sheriff said. 

Police did not say why the firearm was on the roof.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-police-officer-shot-face-burglary-suspect-five-officers-returned-fire-killing-suspect

• Like 1

1 more reason why I think more people will be getting a gun in their home.   

An Ohio single mother is singing her son’s praises after he stopped a home intruder by grabbing her gun and pointing it at the suspect, causing him to flee.

Brayden Jarrett, 16, had just come home from school last week when a car pulled up to his home and a man he didn’t recognize started walking toward the house, which prompted the teenager to retrieve his mother’s 9 mm handgun, WOIO-TV reported.

Jarrett told the outlet that he stood hidden while the man walked through the front door at which point the teenager "cocked the gun back" and "pointed it at the door."

Jarrett says the intruder took off running when he realized the gun was pointed at him.

"Never, like, pulled a gun out of anything before that was definitely something I wish no one to go through pulling a gun on someone," Jarrett said. "It’s definitely scary."

Jarrett’s first call was to his mother, who was at work at the time, and she told the outlet she’s proud of her son’s quick thinking.

"Most proud that is definitely like one of those awakening moments like as a mom, a single mom," Ashleigh Jarrett said. "My baby has become my protector and it’s a little heartbreaking that he’s old enough to do these things but at the same time, he protected our home. We could’ve lost a lot that day. I could’ve lost him."

Jarrett then called the Geauga County Sheriff’s Office and her son ultimately went down to the police station and positively identified a man who was apprehended by police.

Zachary Stutzman, of Hartsgrove Township, Ohio, was charged with burglary, according to WJW-TV.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-teen-stops-burglary-pointing-mothers-gun-home-intruder-my-baby-has-become-my-protector

Hundreds of Roman Catholic churches have been attacked since the violence that erupted nationwide following George Floyd's death in May 2020, according to a Catholic nonprofit.

Since May 2020, there have been nearly 300 attacks against U.S. Catholic churches as far afield as Emmonak, Alaska, with the most recent tally at 275 as of Sunday, according to a tracker from CatholicVote.

The attacks against churches include arson, broken windows, decapitated statues and satanic graffiti. Some 118 incidents were logged since the May 2022 leak of the draft Supreme Court decision in Dobbs v. Jackson's Health Organization, which overturned Roe v. Wade's federal abortion protections.

While some of the attacks involved theft, the "vast majority" of recorded incidents were simply destruction of property, which the group said indicates "that the primary motive is not material gain," the report said.

Fox News meteorologist Adam Klotz was brutally attacked on the New York City subway by a group of teens over the weekend. 

Klotz was on his way home after watching the Giants-Eagles NFL playoff game at a Manhattan bar shortly before he noticed a group of teens harassing an "older gentleman," and had set his hair on fire with a joint. 

"I was like, whoa, you can't do that," Klotz said "Fox & Friends." "That's not cool, and that's all it took, and then I was the focus of all their attention."

He said the group was taunting him, and he tried to remove himself from the situation, but the attack did not stop there. 

The group followed him to another subway car. 

"I get off that train after taking a punch," Klotz said. "The whole group, the doors open again at another stop, the whole group just comes and bum rushes me, and suddenly I'm like, on the ground. I'm getting kicked in the side. I'm getting wailed on.

"They were trying to knock me out, and then once you're unconscious, and you're getting punched like there's no defense, so I was just doing my absolute best to cover my head," he continued. 

"So I kind of get knocked out, and now my side is black and blue. My knee, I can hardly bend because I was getting kicked and punched."

Klotz was treated at a local hospital after the assault. 

Three of the teen suspects were stopped by police in connection with the attack, but they were released to their parents without facing charges. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-meteorologist-adam-klotz-attacked-nyc-subway-stopping-teens-assaulting-older-man

32 minutes ago, Myles said:

Blaming the victims not the criminals.   It is the Democrats way.  

"Can't blame a rape victim for wearing that!"

"Well, you're carrying cash, dumbass!"

Edited by Zebra3

Two career criminals are back behind bars after robbing a delivery driver at gunpoint earlier this month.

On Wednesday, the Orange County Sheriff's Office released terrifying dashcam video of two men robbing an Amazon driver at gunpoint in broad daylight on Jan. 13. 

In the video, one man is seen holding a gun to the worker's neck before going into the back of the truck to steal packages. The other man is outside the truck for most of the video, but he pops inside the driver's side door when his partner goes into the back to take the packages.

The men were later identified as Arkimase Divinard, 22, and Joel Junior Aime, 23.

Divinard and Aime, who both have long criminal histories, share 85 felony charges and 11 felony convictions between the two of them. 

According to Florida jail records, Divinard was most recently sentenced to three years in prison for carjacking without a firearm/deadly weapon. He was released in November 2022. His prior convictions include battery on a person above the age of 65 and robbery without a deadly weapon.

The outlet reported that the Amazon driver told deputies he noticed a Black male standing near the driver's side of the truck after completing a delivery. When the driver got inside the truck, a second Black male entered the van's cargo area and demanded the driver give up his belongings while pointing a gun at him.

The second man, who is seen mostly in the video, took the driver's cell phone and debit cards, and he searched the driver's pockets for more items. Ten packages were also stolen from the truck.

Both men fled the scene in a white van. After he was identified in the dashcam footage, Aime was later seen in a white Honda van and was arrested.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-delivery-driver-robbed-convicted-felons-dozens-charges-caught-terrifying-video

• Sad 1

A Florida police chief issued a warning to criminals in the state after saving a burglar who was shot by a homeowner.

"One should expect that if you are brazen enough to enter into someone’s residence and it is not yours, with intent to commit an unlawful act, there may be repercussions," Haines City Police Chief Gregory Goreck said in a Friday press conference.

"We live in Florida, and more so, we live in Polk County, and most people are armed," he said.

Goreck was responding to an incident on Friday where a Florida man with a concealed weapon permit arrived home and found two intruders burglarizing his residence.

The homeowner fired his gun and struck one of the suspects before they both fled the scene.

Officers from the Haines City Police Department were able to catch up with the injured suspect at a nearby park using a canine police officer.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-police-chief-issues-warning-criminals-homeowner-shoots-burglars-most-people-armed

• Like 1

I hope those who steal amazon packages open the big boxes to find one chapstick or lip balm wrapped in tons of paper, or a package of toilet paper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I hope those who steal amazon packages open the big boxes to find one chapstick or lip balm wrapped in tons of paper, or a package of toilet paper.

Have you seen the guy that leaves glitter bombs for porch pirates?

https://www.google.com/search?q=glitter+bombs+for+porch+pirates&oq=glitter+bombs+for+porch+pirates&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l6j0i390l3.14307j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:a65bc9f2,vid:a_TSR_v07m0

Mark Rober a YouTuber and engineer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes, my grandsons love that guy.   He does all kinds of crazy experiements too.

• Like 1