Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shoplifting and looting becoming more common

Myles

There were three kids, two different times, that came into our little neighborhood thinking they were going to pick up what they could find and break into cars. Both times one of them was grabbed by a homeowner when they ran. They've decided to leave us alone. We've got the best neighbors!

• Like 3

On 12/13/2021 at 7:13 PM, Myles said:

This man agrees:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chicago-car-dealership-smash-and-grab-robbery

The owner of a luxury car dealership in Chicago blasted city leaders during a Monday appearance on ‘The Story’ after smash-and-grab thieves struck his business in a brazen daytime robbery.

"There were kids in here," Joe Perillo, co-owner of Gold Coast Exotic Motor Cars, told host Martha MacCallum. "I am appalled and upset that they would come in on a Saturday at noon or any time in broad daylight and be so brazen that they could do this."

wo men reportedly entered the dealership, known for its showroom of Lamborghinis and Bentleys, around noon on Saturday. One man was armed with a gun and stood by the entrance of the dealership while the other man used a hammer to smash display cases. The men made off with seven luxury watches, with a total value estimated at $2 million.

Perillo said that while he "loves" Chicago, he is considering moving his dealership out of the city, warning that the Democrats' soft-on-crime approach and radical bail reform policies will drive more businesses like his away. 

Mayor Lori Lightfoot suggested last week that retail stores are to blame for the crimes, saying she’s "disappointed" that stores "are not doing more to take safety and make it a priority."

I have heard that a lot of mainstream businesses are leaving Oregon for a similar reason.

• Like 2

I'm gonna post two opinion editorials that happen to disagree with each other, that'll show em!

• Like 3

Gotta love NY.

NYC parking attendant, who was shot twice, charged with attempted murder after allegedly wrestling gun away from thief and shooting perp

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nyc-parking-attendant-murder-self-defense

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, OverSword said:

Good thing she owned a gun to protect herself from criminals. 

• Like 4

Not sure why police are being brought up on this thread. Stores usually have a policy of not calling the police and it falls under loss/theft insurance. 

Beyond that and I wouldn't ordinarily post a conspiracy theory but it's a pet one that this is organized by Amazon to shutter more retail so they become the monopoly of monopolies. (Probably not true just feels like it could be). 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

Not sure why police are being brought up on this thread. Stores usually have a policy of not calling the police and it falls under loss/theft insurance. 

Beyond that and I wouldn't ordinarily post a conspiracy theory but it's a pet one that this is organized by Amazon to shutter more retail so they become the monopoly of monopolies. (Probably not true just feels like it could be). 

I agree that Amazon is doing it's best to become a monopoly.    I think they pay google to make sure when someone searches a product Amazon's page comes up first.   You have to actually enter the company name in the search engine and even then it sometimes comes after the Amazon pages in the list.   We are almost at the Max Headroom point where corporations run governments and the wars are corporate wars, not territorial wars.  And we already have Big Brother listening, but it isn't government, it is Amazon, Google and Apple listening to better sell you crap you don't need.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A truly great speech, but he’s too late, for New Orleans. My brother was mugged there years ago, and I’ve never been, nor will I ever travel to this city, as a safety precaution. It’s always been a dirty, dangerous city, full of crime, and corruption.

If New Orleans sunk beneath the waves tonight, it would make U.S. all a bit safer, I’m sorry to say.

The same for San Francisco, and Miami, and I have lived and worked in these cities. Never again, will I even travel to these two cities. They’re both full of violence …

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

A truly great speech, but he’s too late, for New Orleans. My brother was mugged there years ago, and I’ve never been, nor will I ever travel to this city, as a safety precaution. It’s always been a dirty, dangerous city, full of crime, and corruption.

If New Orleans sunk beneath the waves tonight, it would make U.S. all a bit safer, I’m sorry to say.

The same for San Francisco, and Miami, and I have lived and worked in these cities. Never again, will I even travel to these two cities. 

I was born and raised in one of the most violent places in the country (per Capita) and I won't step foot in New Orleans.

https://www.wsj.com/story/why-new-orleans-has-the-highest-murder-rate-in-america-8d326f07

• Like 1

Cash App Founder Was Stabbed to Death in “Good Part” of San Francisco

https://www.infowars.com/posts/cash-app-founder-was-stabbed-to-death-in-good-part-of-san-francisco/

Yeah, a lot of these cities are now off-limits to us too.

• Sad 1

That's just crazy talk!

Study: Over 72% of NYC Violent Crime Suspects Freed Without Bail Go On to Commit More Crimes

https://datacollaborativeforjustice.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/RecidivismReport-1.pdf

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

Are you saying that Amazon is organizing shoplifting mobs in order to put retail stores out of business?  

• Like 2

Man allegedly strangles stepson to death while out on parole, radical NYC judge releases him without bail

https://www.theblaze.com/news/man-allegedly-strangles-stepson-to-death-while-out-on-parole-radical-nyc-judge-releases-him-without-bail

Bronx judge rips grieving mom before cutting her son’s accused killer loose

https://nypost.com/2023/04/06/bronx-judge-rips-grieving-mom-before-cutting-her-sons-accused-killer-loose/

Edited by Zebra3
  • Sad 2

On 3/23/2023 at 2:16 AM, Gummug said:

I have heard that a lot of mainstream businesses are leaving Oregon for a similar reason.

Oh, sure. in fact, there is a movement afoot for 7 counties in Oregon to leave the state and join Idaho. 

Link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Oh, sure. in fact, there is a movement afoot for 7 counties in Oregon to leave the state and join Idaho. 

Link

They would be better off forming their own state.  The 7 counties are the least populated, on the eastern side of the mountains, is that correct?   That is half the state in area but only 1/4 the population.

On 4/6/2023 at 9:35 AM, Zebra3 said:

That's just crazy talk!

Study: Over 72% of NYC Violent Crime Suspects Freed Without Bail Go On to Commit More Crimes

https://datacollaborativeforjustice.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/RecidivismReport-1.pdf

That will probably be 73% now.  Trump got to go free without bail and there seems to be an uptick in death threats on judges and their families.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Link

Thanks. Incredible! At first I thought you were being sarcastic, so my apologies. It really is true...tbh, I don't blame them...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

That will probably be 73% now.  Trump got to go free without bail and there seems to be an uptick in death threats on judges and their families.

It has yet to reach the level that the Roe vs Wade decision has.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

They would be better off forming their own state.  The 7 counties are the least populated, on the eastern side of the mountains, is that correct?   That is half the state in area but only 1/4 the population.

I don't know, DR, but I do know that the 7 are not contiguous. I don't know how that would work out

• Like 3