Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shoplifting and looting becoming more common

Myles

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

The chickens are coming home to roost :-

Still didn't deserve to be killed like that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Still didn't deserve to be killed like that.

No, indeed. but 'you reap what you sow'....so to speak. Feel more sorry for ordinary people that don't cheer on ANTIFA and the like and then get caught up in it.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 3:16 PM, Tatetopa said:

This is not about desperate people.  This is organized crime.  Another way to steal goods and sell them.  The mules that get sent into the store and take the risks certainly are not the ones benefitting.  It is the gang leaders.   

I do agree with that, but this topic is going to be tied to immoral shiftless poor people not organized crime as it should be.

i agree, but organized crime thrives among the desperate. the two are related.

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2023 at 1:17 PM, OverSword said:

I don't think that people who participate in mass looting like in the post above suffer from desperation. Most people that don't own a home or property hold down jobs and don't steal.  Most people without higher education don't steal.  In all cases I will go so far as to state not only most but the vast, vast majority.  Peoples values, pride, standards, behavior, etc. is on them not the rest of us aka society.  If you want a stake in society go get it.  It's not free.

i am talking about an environment that creates such trends. where you have a lack of citizen stakeholders, you will have desperation. and with desperation come many types of expressions of that, from extremism to dangerous sub-cultural ethics. i propose that a sub-culture that does not place sufficient stigma on this type of theft is a cause, or at least enables it.

the game is rigged in many ways. many people are priced out of their own purpose or direction. this does not excuse the behavior. merely attempts a diagnosis. and my suggestion isn't that somehow society has failed the criminals. it is that if we are able to fix the root causes, that society will naturally limit those sub-cultures and adapt to more thoroughly project better values. part of this is because broader society will adopt a larger percentage of those who make up the sub-cultures and therefore the sub-cultures of blatant criminality will be smaller in scope.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DayoOlabisi said:

i agree, but organized crime thrives among the desperate. the two are related.

The people runniing organized crime are not "the desperate", they use "the desperate" to do their bidding/dirty work.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The people runniing organized crime are not "the desperate", they use "the desperate" to do their bidding/dirty work.

yes, exactly

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Myles said:

These squatting laws aren't new. I don't understand how a "formal eviction" is required and why the police can't help. It's theft and probably often property damage involved. You're probably better off reporting it as breaking and entering or burglary.

Posted (edited)

Defund the police  🍻

Edited by qxcontinuum

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

These squatting laws aren't new. I don't understand how a "formal eviction" is required and why the police can't help. It's theft and probably often property damage involved. You're probably better off reporting it as breaking and entering or burglary.

From a quick overview of PA and Philadelphia law on squatting it sounds more like the police department just didn't want to get involved in evicting the squatters and then to top it off gave him bad advice on what to do to get them evicted.  

• Like 1

These are not humans I say round them up and drop them off on a deserted island and use it for target practice 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Myles said:

I saw that. It seems crazy to not be able to put squatters out after you find them. Trespass has some kind of timelimit I guess.

It is interesting to me that I see many abandoned structures here in Oregon, around the metro area, but squatters are rare, and Camping is common. Oregon must have good ownership rights or something.

• Like 1

• Sad 1

Canadian police warn that posting videos of alleged package thieves could be ‘violation' of their privacy

'You cannot post the images yourself because you have to remember, in Canada, we have a presumption of innocence,' the police officer warned

https://www.foxnews.com/media/canadian-police-warn-posting-videos-alleged-package-thieves-violation-privacy

The world has become a Reno 911! episode.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

Canadian police warn that posting videos of alleged package thieves could be ‘violation' of their privacy

'You cannot post the images yourself because you have to remember, in Canada, we have a presumption of innocence,' the police officer warned

https://www.foxnews.com/media/canadian-police-warn-posting-videos-alleged-package-thieves-violation-privacy

i seen something about that too.   Crazy.  

So you can probably post pictures of people out walking their dogs, but not trespassers robbing you??

• Like 2

Shoplifter bites security officer and abandons his 11-year-old boy in Atlanta mall parking lot, police say

https://www.theblaze.com/news/atlanta-shoplifter-abandons-boy-macys

Anything for free clothes, I guess.

22 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

Well, in our city it does no good to send them to the police, my daughter tried that with no response so he mail comes to my house now.  And Amazon deliveries don't care, I went to visit her the other day and there was a package by her gate for a different apartment that was on the other side of the building.   

49 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, in our city it does no good to send them to the police, my daughter tried that with no response so he mail comes to my house now.  And Amazon deliveries don't care, I went to visit her the other day and there was a package by her gate for a different apartment that was on the other side of the building.   

My Ring is set to "You are currently being recorded" when someone comes to the door. You should see Amazon drivers reactions when they hear that if they were a little rough with the boxes. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I was once out front and an Amazon guy pulled up. He ran out and handed me a package. I looked at it, and it was for the neighbor. I said, "Hey! This is for the neighbor over there.", and pointed. He hopped in his truck and yelled, "You take it over there!".

Lazy SOBs. Not all of them... But definitely seeing low pay results there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

I was once out front and an Amazon guy pulled up. He ran out and handed me a package. I looked at it, and it was for the neighbor. I said, "Hey! This is for the neighbor over there.", and pointed. He hopped in his truck and yelled, "You take it over there!".

Lazy SOBs. Not all of them... But definitely seeing low pay results there.

Yeah, I found a package for someone a block away and called them, they asked me to just deliver it.  Jeez, how do they know I am honest, I guess because I called them.   But I met a neighbor that way by bringing her the package.  :)

• Like 1

Sounds like an easily-scared snowflake.

• Thanks 1

Underwear and socks are the latest items to be locked up in shoplifting crackdown - as Walmart and Target both take action on theft of undies 

Shoppers at the stores, in the Bay Area of California, have reacted with suprise at the move by two of America's biggest stores.  m'It comes to the point of how ghetto does it look that they have to lock up the socks or whatever it is that they have under the key,' shopper Olga Leon told NBC Bay Area.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/yourmoney/article-12965283/walmart-target-locking-underwear-shoplifting.html