Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Car Plows through Christmas Parade

acidhead

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/gunshots-fired-holiday-parade-wisconsin-local-cbs-affiliate-2021-11-21/ 

Nov 21 (Reuters) - More than 20 people were injured when an SUV drove through a crowded Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, on Sunday, the local police chief said, and at least one person was killed, a local CBS affiliate reporter tweeted.

Waukesha Police Chief Dan Thompson said the suspect vehicle had been recovered and there were no further threats after the incident in Waukesha, about 20 miles (32 km) west of Milwaukee. 

People near downtown Waukesha were being asked, however, to shelter in place, local media reported. The nearby Carroll University campus tweeted it was "on lockdown due to an ongoing incident. Please stay safe and in your location until further notice and shelter in place." 

cont'd at link above...

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

This just shows the SUV as it goes in behind the high school band.

This is a live link.

• Like 1

Multiple deaths reported but I don't see anything about any shooting. Schools have been closed tomorrow. Nothing graphic and photo shows the SUV parked at a home. BBC is reporting someone in custody but I haven't seen that on Wisconsin news yet.

https://www.cbs58.com/news/breaking-waukesha-holiday-parade-evacuated-following-emergency-event-involving-gunshots-speeding-vehicle

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

And to all a good night.

A very disturbed person likely, or a very motivated Thanksgiving preservationist.

However, a Christmas parade on 21 November?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Trelane said:

And to all a good night.

A very disturbed person likely, or a very motivated Thanksgiving preservationist.

However, a Christmas parade on 21 November?

It's common for Christmas events to start in the week of Thanksgiving. Philly news just said a cop did fire a shot at the SUV to try and stop the driver.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

It's common for Christmas events to start in the week of Thanksgiving. Philly news just said a cop did fire a shot at the SUV to try and stop the driver.

Yes.  There's a video showing the SUV going through the police barricade towards the parade and shots are heard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, what do you guys think, a White Supremacists Trump supporter or they will never be able to determine the motivation?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So, what do you guys think, a White Supremacists Trump supporter or they will never be able to determine the motivation?

There are twenty people injured and an unknown amount of fatalities. 

You picked that much up yet? 

• Like 5

Oh my goodness. Multiple fatalities. What a cowardly and senseless act. 11 adults and 12 kids were taken to area hospitals.
Let's hope for the best for the wounded. My heart goes out to their families. 

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

There are twenty people injured and an unknown amount of fatalities. 

You picked that much up yet? 

Yeah

18 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

That does not sound too likely.

• Like 1

Just now, Tatetopa said:

That does not sound too likely.

I think I did poor job wording it. It’s supposed to be an “either or”. Either it’s a white Supremacists Trump supporter, OR they will never be able to determine the motive. 

• Like 2

Just now, el midgetron said:

I think I did poor job wording it. It’s supposed to be an “either or”. Either it’s a white Supremacists Trump supporter, OR they will never be able to determine the motive. 

I think either case is unlikely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

It's a psycho with no regard for others. We know that much.

Political orientation isn't paramount at this stage. 

We will know the motive when this useless coward is questioned. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Still, there is no way he was motivated by any political ideology……

There is more to the world than politics.   There is plenty of craziness and plenty of psychopaths not motivated by race, politics,  or religion as much as by th evoices in their heads.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

There is more to the world than politics.   There is plenty of craziness and plenty of psychopaths not motivated by race, politics,  or religion as much as by th evoices in their heads.

Unless it’s a Trump supporter.,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Darrell Edward Brooks Jr

Career criminal.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-suspect-in-waukesha-mass-casualty-incident-identified-as-career-criminal-darrell-e-brooks

Brooks is a career criminal with multiple priors and was released from jail two days prior to the incident after posting a $1,000 bail for three misdemeanors and two felonies. He has a history of resisting arrest, obstruction, battery, statutory sexual seduction, strangulation and suffocation, property destruction, illegal firearm posession, bail jumping, domestic violence, drug related charges and is a registered sex offender.

Edited by susieice
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

How many strikes did Darrell Edward Brooks Jr need before he was put behind bars?

How many times have we said this about freak like this? 

I remember thinking the same thing here when the Lindt chocolate siege happened. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked