Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is world government possible?

Eldorado

Global problems require global responses. And we have plenty of global problems. Is a single, unified authority – a world government – required to solve them? Is that even feasible? It rather depends, doesn’t it, on what we mean by the phrase. An emperor with a single empire? Some form of democratic federal government of the world? Star Wars features a galactic republic, but then that’s science fiction.

It is hard to imagine a global government with global citizens in a world with such strong local identities and such different political and social systems. As we have realised since the end of the cold war, the nation state is not only alive, it is kicking. 

Guardian article at MSN

• Like 3

I'm sorry, it sounds like a great idea and all, but do you honestly think that all the world's leaders would willingly cooperate with one another? can you imagine the upstep in bureaucratic bull**** and red tape that would be added to have that sort of compliance on any piece of legislation? literally NOTHING would get done... 

• Like 4

Oh, it's not only possible.  It WILL happen.  Like most things human-inspired, it will begin with the best of intentions - seemingly - then quickly turn into a bloody nightmare.  The worst nightmare this planet has ever known or will ever know.  We are at the threshold of it beginning, right now, IMO.  The first step is to instill enough fear to make the masses pliable to doing something they'd not normally be willing to do.  What comes next is as predictable as the sun rising.

Edited by and then
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

It would only work if these guys were the ministers!  :D

0d7bdd9e-d895-4629-ad18-f122368769f2_169

Erm . . . . one of them is dead!

• Haha 1

Impossible in my opinion. Every country has it's own culture, habits, customs, traditions, laws & regulations, policies & religions. 
Ain't going to work and I think it's a good thing. 

• Like 5

nope wouldn't happen, US would insist on leading, china would insist on equal billing or more given its share of the population, Russia wouldn't outsource its decision making nor follow US, the list in unending.

countries like being countries, people like the mirage of being in control of their destiny.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Yeah I know, a poor Charlie is dead. :cry:  But I couldn't find a photo of the other three guys alone. :)

• Like 2

No.. its something that wont happen.. people are too different.. unless the world becomes unless the world becomes  left handed, right balled, fundamental muslichristian that believes in one world government of communiscaptialism that has the 2nd ammendment and healthcare for all.. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Still better than the average politician.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

No.. its something that wont happen.. people are too different.. unless the world becomes unless the world becomes  left handed, right balled, fundamental muslichristian that believes in one world government of communiscaptialism that has the 2nd ammendment and healthcare for all.. 

Geographically it doesn't make sense either. There just too much for one group to manage. 

• Like 2

It is a complex matter which can not be subscribed as in the OP. But fact of the matter is: it already exists. 

The UN is what you can call a global authority, they are the successor of the League of Nations. There are 196 countries, 193 of them are member of the UN. Palestine, Vatican and Kosovo are observer states in the UN. 

Everything with a global impact falls under the UN, it is the intergovernmental organisation of our planet which handles Human Rights, International Law, Global Security, Development of world economy and scientific research for social and cultural development. 

In short and simplified: The UN is the world government.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

UN is as worthless as teats on a boar hog.

Agreed but the point was if a world government would be something that is needed. I just pointed out it already exists.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 8:45 AM, aztek said:

we should never let it happen. ever

I agree.  But just look at how readily millions are willing to get in line over this virus that kills fewer than 2 out of every 100.  Yes, that's a horrible thing to have happen but many multiples of that number have died and are dying because of the economic scourge the government lockdowns have caused :(   No one admits that, or even seems to care.  Everyone is too interested in whether their "team" is winning against the "others" :( 

9 hours ago, and then said:

I agree.  But just look at how readily millions are willing to get in line over this virus that kills fewer than 2 out of every 100.  Yes, that's a horrible thing to have happen but many multiples of that number have died and are dying because of the economic scourge the government lockdowns have caused :(   No one admits that, or even seems to care.  Everyone is too interested in whether their "team" is winning against the "others" :( 

I may be wrong, but let me guess just in case you're wrong, in case I'm right. Are you on the right? I'm guessing you have a tendency towards not caring for the minority of two while favoring the majority of 98 too. You must be democratic minded, but favoring republicanism, with a touch of Trumpism, and a tad bit of religious prosperity on your mind too. You care for gun rights, but want a Christian cake to eat with only one cherry on top, you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just guessing. But I'm also guessing that the whole will be never be whole without all its parts too. And as long as we are missing two parts, we are not together as a whole. As far as medicine, if the whole body is missing two of its parts, it will never stand right, if those two parts are the legs too. And the body will never go straight, if those two parts are the eyes. The body will never hear reason, if those two parts are the ears. The body will never lend a hand if those two parts are the hands of a friend.........and so on down the body, and if those two missing parts are the balls, that body will never be a man with balls to do anything to help those two, too.  

I don't know about you, but when two parts of my body die, I may as well be dead, because I will not feel well for the other 98, who have to live without those dead two. The deadbeats, who are always beating the drum, that as long as it ain't me, the hell with you.

Are you vaccinated? Perhaps one day you'll be of the two, and the way I see it, the hell with you too.

Edited by Pettytalk
editing to correct any mistakes I can see, so that I may try to be as perfect as can be.perfect if something is wrong, or missing.

9 hours ago, and then said:

People do care. The problem is that politics is feeding mainstream media a frame and most people stop to think further than the mainstream frame that is pictured in front of them. 

People tend to talk with the picture of: The news said... So we can assume that... 

And as soon as you think further and start to look up stuff and speak about it you get stamped as a conspiracy thinker and therefore are not taken serious.

The real sad part of it is: we need a catastrophe with an impact so big that no one can point towards and say it is non existing or it is something created by someone to make a profit. Only than we will see significant changes in the way we live and think.

Edited by Y. Wolvenberg

20 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

UN is as worthless as teats on a boar hog.

I wouldn't have rated them that highly.

16 hours ago, Y. Wolvenberg said:

Agreed but the point was if a world government would be something that is needed. I just pointed out it already exists.

A government acts. The UN just talks. I'd say that's the difference. States listen to their PM or President. Few countries take the UN seriously.

Edited by psyche101

Is world government possible?

Not as long as man is in charge. With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I wouldn't have rated them that highly.

A government acts. The UN just talks. I'd say that's the difference. States listen to their PM or President. Few countries take the UN seriously.

So according to you the UN never released resolutions?

Than again you are pointing towards if it works or not. Which was not the case, the point was does it exist: still yes. 

On 11/22/2021 at 5:26 AM, Eldorado said:

Global problems require global responses. And we have plenty of global problems. Is a single, unified authority – a world government – required to solve them? Is that even feasible? It rather depends, doesn’t it, on what we mean by the phrase. An emperor with a single empire? Some form of democratic federal government of the world? Star Wars features a galactic republic, but then that’s science fiction.

It is hard to imagine a global government with global citizens in a world with such strong local identities and such different political and social systems. As we have realised since the end of the cold war, the nation state is not only alive, it is kicking. 

Guardian article at MSN

Give the UN some actual power and we might actually start tackling these issues. Frankly giving the biggest ones a full veto means it never will tackle any world issues the big ones don't want tackled. 

On 11/22/2021 at 10:15 AM, thedutchiedutch said:

Impossible in my opinion. Every country has it's own culture, habits, customs, traditions, laws & regulations, policies & religions. 
Ain't going to work and I think it's a good thing. 

Works pretty well in the EU...