Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Einstein's Relativity Theory & Time Slips!

sees

For those who readily wish to dismiss people's experiences of time slips (rare but where they suddenly find themselves in a past time *), for all the cynics here you might like to bear in mind what Einstein has said about time....

'"People like us who believe in physics know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

https://interestingengineering.com/what-einstein-meant-by-time-is-an-illusion

* There are many instances of people having time slip experiences e.g. especially in Bold Street, Liverpool.  Many links for those sufficiently open minded to consider the truth possibility.  Underneath Bold Street a subway runs in concentric circles and a theory is that it could provide a time portal. 

Einstein believed in a block universe, where, over great distance, compared to speed towards or away from us, an aliens present is either our past or future.

So you see, it's a bit more complicated, and a lot less magic.

Edited by zep73

1 hour ago, sees said:

For those who readily wish to dismiss people's experiences of time slips (rare but where they suddenly find themselves in a past time *), for all the cynics here you might like to bear in mind what Einstein has said about time...

You might want to find out first what his theories are sunshine.

1 hour ago, sees said:

For those who readily wish to dismiss people's experiences of time slips (rare but where they suddenly find themselves in a past time *), for all the cynics here you might like to bear in mind what Einstein has said about time....

'"People like us who believe in physics know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

https://interestingengineering.com/what-einstein-meant-by-time-is-an-illusion

* There are many instances of people having time slip experiences e.g. especially in Bold Street, Liverpool.  Many links for those sufficiently open minded to consider the truth possibility.  Underneath Bold Street a subway runs in concentric circles and a theory is that it could provide a time portal. 

Gravity and time are poorly understood in physics.

In physicist`s standard model there is no force of gravity, there is no gravity particle, or gravity field. As it is there is absolutely nothing in the model of the atom proven to exist to account for gravity. Going with Relativity then its caused by time and its impact on mass in space dimensions. But Relativity doesnt predict what is measured with gravity at microscopic or galactoscopic scales.

There is no time particle, no time force, and no time field discovered either. What causes it and why is a complete mystery. We do not know if the past or future even currently exist. I myself have experienced a time slip, and there are mental states when we experience time flowing at different speeds too. Such as zoning out on a computer for what seems like 15 minutes only to discover 2 hours have past.

With my time slip I woke up, I wasn`t 100% awake in my mind, its like something was still asleep. It was a few weeks before Xmas and I asked for a PS2 as my main present. On Xmas day my main gift was a mountain bike. As I had seen my parents bring home the PS2 and watched it being wrapped I knew that they had purchased it. So I thought they were playing a trick on me, or had broken it, or I was loosing my mind.

Anyway nearly a decade later there I am looking at PS2s in the HMV window display and it dawned on me. Never mind PS2s, PS1s didnt even exist back then. Even worse the box and free games in it were all identical to the one my parents had wrapped. I too this day dont know what the hell happened. I think I might have woken up in a state where part of my mind at the time and part of my future mind were not separate. So I gained information several years ahead of time.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Gravity and time are poorly understood in physics.

We understand time perfectly well. As for gravity, 'poorly' is a strong word. I'd say: Perhaps not fully. It depends what dark matter turns out to be, or if it even exists. A new theory suggests it is ground state hydrogen, and if that's the case, gravity is fully understood.

In physicist`s standard model there is no force of gravity, there is no gravity particle

You try very hard to appear clever, but can you explain why the standard particle model does not have a gravity particle?

Going with Relativity then its caused by time and its impact on mass in space dimensions.

No, not time. According to Relativity it is caused by spacetime pushing matter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2021 at 6:06 PM, zep73 said:

can you explain why the standard particle model does not have a gravity particle?

Okay, I gave up waiting. Here is the answer:

It's because such a particle would be beyond the electromagnetic spectrum, in which our instruments operate. Basically it's undetectable.
But that does not mean scientists are not trying. But it's very complicated.

https://cosmosmagazine.com/science/physics/measuring-gravity-have-we-finally-cracked-it/

Recently they came closer

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2270494-physicists-have-measured-gravity-on-the-smallest-scale-ever/

But it's still not the direct detection of a particle. Probably never will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1