Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Sorrowful Girl


Rascal01
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was packing out my belongings from a rental house in Fredericksburg, Virginia.  It was 1997 as I recall.  Busy with the moving process, I noticed the lady next door leaning over our shared fence.  She motioned me over and wanted to talk.  “Anything unusual happen while you were living there?” she asked.

Yes, it had.  Doors regularly opened on their own, especially on one particular bedroom.  Once the front entry door opened followed by the back door opening.

There were no apparitions, howls, moaning, chills or possessions.  We didn’t have a hint of dread, though it was unnatural in its own way.

The first encounter was the biggest event.  Perhaps it was a grand entrance.  Our firmly stuck front entry door was kept locked.  It was almost unusable and we chose side and back doors to avoid the struggle with the front door.

Late one afternoon that door opened with a violent slam.  Part of the noise was made by Venetian blinds hanging free over the door’s window.  My family and I were watching TV in another room.  We froze and listened.  My first thought was my daughter had returned home from the Air Force.  When I entered the living room the Venetian blinds were still swinging and no one was there.

There was a non-threatening presence in the house.  We could tell we were not alone.  There was a sense, a feeling, that someone was there.  Eventually we began to speak to it.  For some now forgotten reason it didn’t seem to like vacuuming.

The lady over the fence filled me in.  A mother and daughter had lived in the house.  The girl wanted to attend a New Year’s Eve party and mom had said no, the weather was bad and the roads icy.  The girl, a high school junior or senior, went despite her mother’s objections.

Mom waited up, then eventually fell asleep.  Crying and sobbing awoke her.  Her daughter was seated in a chair next to her mother’s bed.  The girl repeated through her tears “Oh, mother, I am so sorry, so sorry.”  This repeated several times, then the girl vanished.

Three days later the girl’s car was found upside-down in a nearby river, the girl dead.  Despite the search, bad weather had caused the car to be missed by searchers.

The woman telling me the story was the girl’s aunt.  We were not the first renters to experience the girl’s presence.

I’m now a believer.

 

Edited by Rascal01
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Rascal01 said:

I was packing out my belongings from a rental house in Fredericksburg, Virginia.  It was 1997 as I recall.  Busy with the moving process, I noticed the lady next door leaning over our shared fence.  She motioned me over and wanted to talk.  “Anything unusual happen while you were living there?” she asked.

Yes, it had.  Doors regularly opened on their own, especially on one particular bedroom.  Once the front entry door opened followed by the back door opening.

There were no apparitions, howls, moaning, chills or possessions.  We didn’t have a hint of dread, though it was unnatural in its own way.

The first encounter was the biggest event.  Perhaps it was a grand entrance.  Our firmly stuck front entry door was kept locked.  It was almost unusable and we chose side and back doors to avoid the struggle with the front door.

Late one afternoon that door opened with a violent slam.  Part of the noise was made by Venetian blinds hanging free over the door’s window.  My family and I were watching TV in another room.  We froze and listened.  My first thought was my daughter had returned home from the Air Force.  When I entered the living room the Venetian blinds were still swinging and no one was there.

There was a non-threatening presence in the house.  We could tell we were not alone.  There was a sense, a feeling, that someone was there.  Eventually we began to speak to it.  For some now forgotten reason it didn’t seem to like vacuuming.

The lady over the fence filled me in.  A mother and daughter had lived in the house.  The girl wanted to attend a New Year’s Eve party and mom had said no, the weather was bad and the roads icy.  The girl, a high school junior or senior, went despite her mother’s objections.

Mom waited up, then eventually fell asleep.  Crying and sobbing awoke her.  Her daughter was seated in a chair next to her mother’s bed.  The girl repeated through her tears “Oh, mother, I am so sorry, so sorry.”  This repeated several times, then the girl vanished.

Three days later the girl’s car was found upside-down in a nearby river, the girl dead.  Despite the search, bad weather had caused the car to be missed by searchers.

The woman telling me the story was the girl’s aunt.  We were not the first renters to experience the girl’s presence.

I’m now a believer.

 

Dont know if the story is true or false, however its great story and i enjoyed reading it!:tu:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a recounting of a personal experience.  We resided in that house for 2 or 3 years, perhaps a bit longer.  I left it because I was being relocated to Istanbul, Turkey.  The lady next door was the sister of the woman who once owned the house I lived in.  That woman, the home owner, was the mother of the deceased girl.

I cannot verify anything the aunt said, but I have no reason to doubt her.  She seemed very genuine in her presentation.  She was also being discreet, as though she didn’t want the story to get out.  During the time we lived there she never spoke to us.  It was not until the moving van was being loaded that she wished to talk.

What I can assure you of is that my comments are an accurate representation of what took place.  The bedroom door that was most frequently opened was the mother’s bedroom.

What I have difficulty with is a firmly stuck and locked door being forcefully flung open.  Since that actually happened within 20 feet of me I cannot doubt it happened.  I will not lie to myself to ease my mind.  But if a dead person can do that, what else might they be capable of?

I’m like most others visiting here - I have no answers to anything paranormal.  I’m just willing to share my experiences.  I think seniors are far less concerned about being ridiculed and more open to sharing genuine experiences with younger people.

Thank you for you comment.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rascal01 said:

This is a recounting of a personal experience.  We resided in that house for 2 or 3 years, perhaps a bit longer.  I left it because I was being relocated to Istanbul, Turkey.  The lady next door was the sister of the woman who once owned the house I lived in.  That woman, the home owner, was the mother of the deceased girl.

I cannot verify anything the aunt said, but I have no reason to doubt her.  She seemed very genuine in her presentation.  She was also being discreet, as though she didn’t want the story to get out.  During the time we lived there she never spoke to us.  It was not until the moving van was being loaded that she wished to talk.

What I can assure you of is that my comments are an accurate representation of what took place.  The bedroom door that was most frequently opened was the mother’s bedroom.

What I have difficulty with is a firmly stuck and locked door being forcefully flung open.  Since that actually happened within 20 feet of me I cannot doubt it happened.  I will not lie to myself to ease my mind.  But if a dead person can do that, what else might they be capable of?

I’m like most others visiting here - I have no answers to anything paranormal.  I’m just willing to share my experiences.  I think seniors are far less concerned about being ridiculed and more open to sharing genuine experiences with younger people.

Thank you for you comment.

Your very welcome, are you in the Military I am a retired US Military Expatriate currently living in South Korea. Now I could tell you some stories that actually happened to me during my Military Career, that would blow your mind. But because of the Combat tours of duty I have done I dont believe in Ghosts. Supposedly Ghosts are the result of a tragic event, or something else that stops them from moving on. Well, I seen some seriously horrific and tragic events occur on the Battle Field, and stayed in those places for sometimes weeks after and I never saw or heard a ghost.

Peace

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Rascal01 said:

 

I’m now a believer.

 

Sounds not unlike a thousand stories I've heard. I believe too from the quantity, quality and consistency of these experiences. I've had experiences too but not quite that physical. Thanks for sharing. With the advent of the internet and cable TV I've heard more such things than I can process.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That story reads like bad fiction, honestly.

If it's true, sounds like drafts/wind and faulty door hardware all around. Not much there to get "ghosty" about.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is not a word of fiction in it.

When I write about something that has occurred in my life I present the experience for consideration.  I do not try to influence a reader’s belief or disbelief.  At 74, it is more about getting this “off my chest.”

Why bother?  Only because this did happen, and because it happened, it might be of interest to someone.

That someone does not believe does not trouble me.  Some things that have happened to me I would not believe were they told to me by someone else.

I think the girl was somehow still present.  How, and in what form, I neither know nor understand.  This is just one person’s opinion.  Others will likely see this differently. If definitive proof exists regarding disembodied spirits I certainly do not have it, nor am I aware if it.  I only present what I experienced in a modest brick ranch on Hillcrest Drive in Fredericksburg, Virginia 24 years ago.

Thank you for commenting.

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Rascal01 Thank you for sharing your experience. 

 

I believe you because in my experience, things like that do happen. I've got no idea how or why, of course.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2021 at 6:01 PM, Rascal01 said:

I was Army during the Vietnam War,  I’m now a retired diplomat.

Were you a US Diplomat? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

@Rascal01 Thank you for sharing your experience. 

 

I believe you because in my experience, things like that do happen. I've got no idea how or why, of course.

Hello Helen Rascal01 seems like a great guy, and it was certianY an interesting story without doubt, Take Care now.

Peace, it always good to here from you!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2021 at 6:45 AM, Rascal01 said:

There is not a word of fiction in it.

When I write about something that has occurred in my life I present the experience for consideration.  I do not try to influence a reader’s belief or disbelief.  At 74, it is more about getting this “off my chest.”

Why bother?  Only because this did happen, and because it happened, it might be of interest to someone.

That someone does not believe does not trouble me.  Some things that have happened to me I would not believe were they told to me by someone else.

I think the girl was somehow still present.  How, and in what form, I neither know nor understand.  This is just one person’s opinion.  Others will likely see this differently. If definitive proof exists regarding disembodied spirits I certainly do not have it, nor am I aware if it.  I only present what I experienced in a modest brick ranch on Hillcrest Drive in Fredericksburg, Virginia 24 years ago.

Thank you for commenting.

 

Pay little attention to Moon Man, he is a resident skeptic like I said previously  I enjoyed it and conversation very much.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

@Rascal01 Thank you for sharing your experience. 

 

I believe you because in my experience, things like that do happen. I've got no idea how or why, of course.

Thank you for your comment.  We had no idea what this was or why it was happening.  There was no hint of evil, no sense of a threat.  We reached a point where we spoke to it, like simple hellos or good mornings when there was activity.  We also spoke out load that we were going to vacuum.  That seems ridicules now, it seemed to make sense then.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Pay little attention to Moon Man, he is a resident skeptic like I said previously  I enjoyed it and conversation very much.

No problem.  We are all entitled to our opinion and the ability to present it on a public forum.

By the way, my brother was killed at Taejon in early July, 1950.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rascal01 said:

No problem.  We are all entitled to our opinion and the ability to present it on a public forum.

By the way, my brother was killed at Taejon in early July, 1950.

Yes it a public forum but some of the skeptics don't realize that, but I suspect that it has something to do with upbringing and their educational level. I stated I am skeptical about these subjects, however there absolutely no reason for in tolerance of another's beliefs. 

I am very sorry loss, your brother was a true hero, because like your brother many members of Task Force Smith that gave their lives and performed the Delaying action at Taejon, the Pusan Perimeter Was able to be reenforced  and prepared for the North Korean forces when they arrived. Even the task force Commander Major General Dean was Captured at Taejon attempting to evacuate his wounded. For his actions that day at Taejon when he was repatriated at the end of the War he received the Congressional Medal of Honor. Not many Generals would have gone above and beyond the call if duty like General Dean did. 

I spent 23 years in the US Army, retired and worked another 10 1/2 years as a Goverment Contractor in the Middle East.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2021 at 10:47 AM, papageorge1 said:

Sounds not unlike a thousand stories I've heard. I believe too from the quantity, quality and consistency of these experiences. I've had experiences too but not quite that physical. Thanks for sharing. With the advent of the internet and cable TV I've heard more such things than I can process.

Thank you for commenting.

Here is a recounting from my own family,  My mother had a heart attack in her home, made it out of the house and died on the front lawn.  My brother found her and performed CPR without avail.  He was resident in that same house.  He was broken hearted and in shock after her passing so not exactly at his best.  That evening he took a hot bath to ease his stress.  The other side of the bathroom wall was where the kitchen sink was located.  My mother could often be found at that sink taking her time doing silverware.  If a sound could be associated with our house it was the tinkling of silverware.  While in the bathtub he heard that familiar tinkling sound on the other side of the bathroom wall.

It took me a day to get home.  I found my brother sitting on the front porch.  He was frightened.  He told me she was still in the house and that he heard her moving around.  He also told me of his bathtub experience,  He wanted no part of going back in the house.  Real or imagined?  I don’t know.

My wife and I spent the night in the house.  I don’t recall where my brother was.  Dead tired from the drive, I fell asleep.  My wife woke me.  She lay next to me stiff as the proverbial board.  “Your mother just kissed me” she said.  My mother always kissed our family on the forehead.  A hospital worker, she was afraid of passing on an illness.  The kiss was in the forehead.

I have no answers.  Did these things actually happen?  Was this post-death hysteria?  I don’t know.  I was just the guy in the backyard, mad as hell, shouting at God through the night sky, inviting Him to come down and fight.  He had taken my mother and I wasn’t having it.  Now I’m 8 years older than my mother was when she died and I do have a better understanding of life and death.  But ghosts or lingering spirits?  I’m sorry, I have no answers, only ideas.  All I can do is share the experience with others who may draw their own conclusions. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Rascal01 said:

Yes.

Thank you very much for your service to our Nation Sir!:tu:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes it a public forum but some of the skeptics don't realize that, but I suspect that it has something to do with upbringing and their educational level. I stated I am skeptical about these subjects, however there absolutely no reason for in tolerance of another's beliefs. 

I am very sorry loss, your brother was a true hero, because like your brother many members of Task Force Smith that gave their lives and performed the Delaying action at Taejon, the Pusan Perimeter Was able to be reenforced  and prepared for the North Korean forces when they arrived. Even the task force Commander Major General Dean was Captured at Taejon attempting to evacuate his wounded. For his actions that day at Taejon when he was repatriated at the end of the War he received the Congressional Medal of Honor. Not many Generals would have gone above and beyond the call if duty like General Dean did. 

I spent 23 years in the US Army, retired and worked another 10 1/2 years as a Goverment Contractor in the Middle East.

Yes, I have spent time studying the history of the Korean War.  My brother was in Japan on occupation duty.  They were rushed into battle under difficult conditions.  He died at Taejon.  Reliable information is difficult to come by but there are indications that he went in a motorized recon to check a bridge on one of the flanks, and the NKs got there first.

And yes, I have spent lots of time in the Middle East.  Thank you for your service.  You have done your part and earned your retirement.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Rascal01 said:

Yes, I have spent time studying the history of the Korean War.  My brother was in Japan on occupation duty.  They were rushed into battle under difficult conditions.  He died at Taejon.  Reliable information is difficult to come by but there are indications that he went in a motorized recon to check a bridge on one of the flanks, and the NKs got there first.

And yes, I have spent lots of time in the Middle East.  Thank you for your service.  You have done your part and earned your retirement.

Thank you very much Sir, getting back to this topic after giving this some thought there is actually something I can add that you brought to mind by speaking about Korea. My first assignment in South Korea I was Stationed at Camp Carroll, and do to studies of Historical Battles at the War College that assignment was a very good  location indeed. It turns out that Camp Carroll was part of the outer edge of the Pusan Perimeter, and above the town of Waegan where Camp Carroll is ilocated is the Nakdong river valley with large bluffs and hills long the river. Well the bluffs and mountains that are near Waegan were heavily defended by US Forces and there was major outpost location near Waegan that was called Hill 303.

Well during a very powerful counter attack on hill 303 by NKPA Forces the hill could not be held and it was being evacuated, however a platoon of approximately 41 US Soldiers saw what appeared to be South Korean reinforcements heading toward them so they waited for them to arrive and offered no resistance. However, the soldiers were NKPA and the Americans were captured. US Forces eventually broke the back of the NKPA and they began to retreat. However before they did so they massacred the US Prisoners by first tying their hand and feet and then chopping off heads or simple shooting them. So of course this was very interesting to me, so I did my do diligence and made some phone calls to Camp Red Cloud the .Headquarters of the 2nd Infantry Division and located some original copies of maps that layed out the US positions on hill 303 from the Korean War Museum located there.

The curator made copies of the military maps on a copy machine and sent them through distribution addressed to me. So I took a compass and the maps and started climbing hill 303 one weekend, with in an hour I was able to locate the actual dug in positions on the hill, in 1987 all that remained were depressions but it was easy to see where all the positions were located. I must honestly say that the place gave me the creeps, and I had never experienced anything like it. I grew up in Missouri so hunting and hiking through the deep woods and very large hills was natural to me. But, the entire time I was up there and on multiple other trips up there, I always had the feeling that I was being watched, and I even heard sounds I could not explain, like foot steps on the leaf clutter sometimes they were moving toward me and they get very close where I could see a person if they were there and a few times they sounded like they were right next to me or right behind me as I was moving. 

At first I thought maybe it was some Korean out picking Natural vegetables that grow on the hills and mountains. Now I had just married a Korean before I was assigned to .Korea and my new wife came with me to .Korea and we lived in Waegan just outside the base. So I told her about what was happening and myself and her went across town talking with Koreans and explaining what was occurring. Well, basically that hill was a place Koreans never went, and .i should have realised it because there were no paths through in that entire area where the .US positions were located or even disturbed ground like would make when walking around there. Koreans are a bit superstitious and to this day Shamanizism is still practiced a great deal. Anyway I never did find any explanation for what occurred. However, I was never afraid when it was going on and I don't believe that in anyway my mind was just playing tricks on me.

But every time I went up there exploring the hill side the same thing occurred, like I said the first time it was unnerving, but after that I felt calm because if they were Spirits of dead soldiers they never tried in anyway to scare or harm me. But there was on almost ever trip something that would walk up right by me, the others would maintain around a distance of ten feet, what I am saying is when I heard walking coming toward me it would stop approximately ten feet away, or follow at that distance except for one of what it was. So I named him Fred and when occur I would sat ok Fred how's it going today. I never received any kind of verbal response but, he didn't seem to mind I New he was near by. So I suspect they were as curious about seeing another American on the hill as I was to investigate the terrible event that occurred there. I never told anyone except my wife and some of the towns people about what was happening as for as the Military were concerned i just liked to hiking because I did not want people to think I was nuts.!:lol:

This is also a completely true story, and it's one of the few times in my life I have ever spoken about it because again I didn't want people to think I was Nuts or full of BS. :D

Take Care my friend I hope to have additional conversations with you, the next you log in you will a message saying I am following your content.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations.  You have taken 2 significant steps.  You have come to a place where these things are discussed so you can join in sharing experiences.  Second, and very importantly, you have passed the point of being concerned about people thinking you nuts.  Getting beyond that personal wall lets us set aside our fear of losing our dignity, and empowers us to speak and share the truth.  Now we begin to peek through the veil that hides things we do not yet understand.

Thank you for telling your story and in such detail.  I have long been a student of American military history and have paid particular attention to the Korean War.  I am familiar with the history you have spoken of.  I joined the army voluntarily during the Vietnam conflict and served many years in the Regular Army, the National Guard and Army Reserve.  I was trained as a 11B, worked as an 11F, and later trained as a 97B.  I graduated both Airborne and Ranger schools.  I’m just saying I follow what you are telling me, one soldier to another.

What you experienced in Korea has been described as occurring at Gettysburg and aboard mothballed naval vessels, especially aircraft carriers.  Old Civil War era farm houses in the Fredericksburg, Virginia area were used as hospitals.  They are also said to be spiritually active.

I once worked with the Commanding Officer of the 160th SOAR, a man not given to frivolity.  He told me of his personal spiritual experience.

When we share others may step up and join in.  We may all learn something.  But I have to say that if you are following me, it may be the blind leading the blind.  I guarantee you this - I will not fabricate a thing.  If I say it happened, it happened.  Only truth has value.  Anything else is counterproductive to learning.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do skeptics/unbelievers bother to comment negatively on a personal account such as this? Commenting on videos of a chair  seemingly moving on its own in a pub or a weirdo  in a love relationship with a Victorian ghost is one thing but calling someone a liar over a personal account like this? You really just come off as a jerk. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there's a type of place that must be haunted (if hauntings are possible, which I believe they are) it's the battlefields, sites of executions and such. It dissipates with time, but once I saw an apparition, clearly in WWI uniform, walking across the field in 1990's. I think the new war woke him up. Seriously. I'm not insane or imagining because one other person saw the same apparition. (Or we both had the same hallucination, which would be equally interesting.)

But I'll go back to something lighter, to weird events involving doors.

I work in an old building, with old doors. They're thick, heavy, made of wood. Probably around 200 years old. The handles and locks are relatively new, 70-50 years old. Sometimes draft shuts a door, certainly. Some of the locks are hard to lock and unlock, naturally. 

But here's an example that no draft or faulty lock can explain: a coworker of mine couldn't open one of the most "active" doors. They were unlocked, so it wasn't the lock. Unlocked, but no amount of pushing and shaking could open them. I came closer to help, assuming something's blocking the door in the other room, in which we can't enter, or maybe a hinge or two are broken so the door fell from the frame and are stuck. It wasn't the case. In my first try, the door simply opened. No obstructions whatsoever. 

The only realistic explanation would be that my coworker was pranking me. But she never made a prank in her whole career and she was very genuinely bewildered with the event.   

I call the entity in my workplace "the electrician" because it's not just the doors he's playing with, he causes interesting anomalies with electricity too. Once I came into my office to see the electric calculator on my desk calculate like mad, on its own. It didn't turn off when I tried turning it off, because the lever was in the "off" position. So I pulled its plug out of the socket. I didn't assume it's a ghost or something like that, I assumed it's broken, but when I plugged it back on and turned it on it worked normally. Only then I realized how weird that was.  

The most spectacular one happened after I was away from my old office for a few years. In the morning when I came back, he (I assume it's a he, but I might be wrong) turned off the power in the whole floor, except in my office. One doesn't have to be an electrician to know that's impossible. To lose power for a few short minutes is nothing special, but to keep one room lit, which is on the same supply as the blacked out ones, is literally not possible. 

So I said "Aw, I missed you too." And I always thank him when he closes the door to my office. 

I guess that's why he let me open that door. Most people respond well to some friendliness, even when they're between the worlds. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rascal01 said:

Congratulations.  You have taken 2 significant steps.  You have come to a place where these things are discussed so you can join in sharing experiences.  Second, and very importantly, you have passed the point of being concerned about people thinking you nuts.  Getting beyond that personal wall lets us set aside our fear of losing our dignity, and empowers us to speak and share the truth.  Now we begin to peek through the veil that hides things we do not yet understand.

Thank you for telling your story and in such detail.  I have long been a student of American military history and have paid particular attention to the Korean War.  I am familiar with the history you have spoken of.  I joined the army voluntarily during the Vietnam conflict and served many years in the Regular Army, the National Guard and Army Reserve.  I was trained as a 11B, worked as an 11F, and later trained as a 97B.  I graduated both Airborne and Ranger schools.  I’m just saying I follow what you are telling me, one soldier to another.

What you experienced in Korea has been described as occurring at Gettysburg and aboard mothballed naval vessels, especially aircraft carriers.  Old Civil War era farm houses in the Fredericksburg, Virginia area were used as hospitals.  They are also said to be spiritually active.

I once worked with the Commanding Officer of the 160th SOAR, a man not given to frivolity.  He told me of his personal spiritual experience.

When we share others may step up and join in.  We may all learn something.  But I have to say that if you are following me, it may be the blind leading the blind.  I guarantee you this - I will not fabricate a thing.  If I say it happened, it happened.  Only truth has value.  Anything else is counterproductive to learning.

Rascal01 again let me thank for your Patriotism, Service and Dedication to our Nation these are words I say to few, but I feel you deserve them. I was two young for the Vietnam War, I joined the Military in 1978. I joined because I felt I had obligation to do so, my mother and father immigrated from Flensburg, Germany in very Early 1950s. During WWII my father worked in the German Wunderwaffen weapons programs, when the war ended he was scoped up by US Forces and asked to work for them. Which he did, and then in the early1950s the US Government offered him and my mother US Citizenship if they would Immigrate to the United States which they did. The US Government moved them to St. Louis, Missouri because of his special qualifications he worked with McDonnell Douglas Aircraft company which later became McDonnell Douglas on many US Government projects until he retired in the early 1970s. I was born there in 1959, so when I say I am a German American, its true in all sense of those words, because literally I was the first born American in my families history.

I was raised with a set of values that strongly supported the principles America was founded on, my dad was a brilliant and wonderful father. It was instilled in me from birth the horrors of what can happen if the people of any Nation just submit to their Governments policies without thinking for themselves and blindly follow any leader without questioning their intentions. I was also taught how lucky my family and especially I was to be born in a free Nation and that I should never squander the gift of better way of life and he could say this without reservation because he was part of that historically horrific and terrible time in human history. So I decided I pay a debit to the United States by offering my service to the country that had given me and my family so much.

So I joined the US Army in 1978 and do to my general aptitude testing score ( 139 ) everything was open to me. However, I went into career field that I had some knowledge of so I joined the top line troops of the US Army Chemical Corp's and chose the skill identifier of Technical Escort. I finished basic training and AIT then I went to Ft. Benning, GA and completed Jump school because staying on Jump status was a requirement of my Military Occupational Specialty. When I retired from the US Army at Ft. Lewis, WA in 2003, I was awarded 100% disability by the Veterans Administration for injuries I sustained during Military Service and I need sometime to decompress, but there is no time for wicked.

But, Government contractors were beating down my door and offering me ridicule's sums of money to work for them, for a number years I choose not too but I could see that my experience could be very helpful. So I  relented and choose to go back into Government service. I worked basically without any additional training the in same career field, and I was given teams to train and lead. The mission was very basically the same mission I had been doing during my service in the US Army Chemical Corp's, except it was much more high profile so I worked for another 10 1/2 years and finally retired in 2019. I married a South Korean exchange student I met in Savanah, GA while stationed at Ft Stewart, GA in December of 1986 we were married and then we decided to live in South Korea in 2014 where I am currently living in the same Small Korean Town was wife was born in Seosan, South Korea. 

Well my friend that's my simple story, I really enjoy our conversations and I hope you continue to be an active member here.

Very Respectfully

Manwon Lender!!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

If there's a type of place that must be haunted (if hauntings are possible, which I believe they are) it's the battlefields, sites of executions and such. It dissipates with time, but once I saw an apparition, clearly in WWI uniform, walking across the field in 1990's. I think the new war woke him up. Seriously. I'm not insane or imagining because one other person saw the same apparition. (Or we both had the same hallucination, which would be equally interesting.)

But I'll go back to something lighter, to weird events involving doors.

I work in an old building, with old doors. They're thick, heavy, made of wood. Probably around 200 years old. The handles and locks are relatively new, 70-50 years old. Sometimes draft shuts a door, certainly. Some of the locks are hard to lock and unlock, naturally. 

But here's an example that no draft or faulty lock can explain: a coworker of mine couldn't open one of the most "active" doors. They were unlocked, so it wasn't the lock. Unlocked, but no amount of pushing and shaking could open them. I came closer to help, assuming something's blocking the door in the other room, in which we can't enter, or maybe a hinge or two are broken so the door fell from the frame and are stuck. It wasn't the case. In my first try, the door simply opened. No obstructions whatsoever. 

The only realistic explanation would be that my coworker was pranking me. But she never made a prank in her whole career and she was very genuinely bewildered with the event.   

I call the entity in my workplace "the electrician" because it's not just the doors he's playing with, he causes interesting anomalies with electricity too. Once I came into my office to see the electric calculator on my desk calculate like mad, on its own. It didn't turn off when I tried turning it off, because the lever was in the "off" position. So I pulled its plug out of the socket. I didn't assume it's a ghost or something like that, I assumed it's broken, but when I plugged it back on and turned it on it worked normally. Only then I realized how weird that was.  

The most spectacular one happened after I was away from my old office for a few years. In the morning when I came back, he (I assume it's a he, but I might be wrong) turned off the power in the whole floor, except in my office. One doesn't have to be an electrician to know that's impossible. To lose power for a few short minutes is nothing special, but to keep one room lit, which is on the same supply as the blacked out ones, is literally not possible. 

So I said "Aw, I missed you too." And I always thank him when he closes the door to my office. 

I guess that's why he let me open that door. Most people respond well to some friendliness, even when they're between the worlds. 

Thank you for posting this.  You have given us an important take away.  Once we have an experience there is no denying it.  We may doubt our senses.  We may not talk about it fearing ridicule.  But once encountered, you can’t go back.  It is like innocence lost.

I’ve not seen an apparition.  I’d rather not.  I have enough on my plate now.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.