Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon announces new UFO investigation unit

UM-Bot

35 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

The Department of Defense has officially announced its latest effort to get to the bottom of the UFO mystery.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/352880/pentagon-announces-new-ufo-investigation-unit

Interesting read, I did a little more research on the subject and found the actual document released by the Deputy Secretary of Defense, its goes into little more specific detail than the link provided. No talk of Alien Visitors yet but I suspect that will occur very soon!:wacko::D

However it is very interesting that there are all these programs coming out, I think it's something to consider.:yes:

Airborne Object Identification and Management Synchronization Group (AOIMSG)

Original Department of Defense Memorandum https://media.defense.gov/2021/Nov/23/2002898596/-1/-1/0/ESTABLISHMENT-OF-THE-AIRBORNE-OBJECT-IDENTIFICATION-AND-MANAGEMENT-SYNCHRONIZATION-GROUP.PDF

Today another new organization was announced its called the Planetary Biosecurity Program. Scientists warn, without good biosecurity measures ‘alien organisms’ on Earth may become a reality stranger than fiction. Space biosecurity concerns itself with both the transfer of organisms from Earth to space (forward contamination) and vice-versa (backward contamination)

Here is a Peer Reviewed Journal that covers this new Planetary Biosecurity Program.

Planetary Biosecurity: Applying Invasion Science to Prevent Biological Contamination from Space Travel: Planetary Biosecurity: Applying Invasion Science to Prevent Biological Contamination from Space Travel | BioScience | Oxford Academic (oup.com

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have a sense this is simply window dressing for the public, the newest iteration of Blue Book if you will.

My feeling is the Pentagon has always taken UFO/UAP incursions seriously, they just never admitted anything or talked about the subject.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Phantom309 said:

My feeling is the Pentagon has always taken UFO/UAP incursions seriously, they just never admitted anything or talked about the subject.

You may be right.  I would expect every  government in the world would keep it quiet, and not just because they want power for themselves. 

Imagine your parents telling you when they tuck you in at night, "There may be monsters out there, we don't really know;  but there is nothing we can do to protect you. Have a good sleep" 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

You may be right.  I would expect every  government in the world would keep it quiet, and not just because they want power for themselves. 

Imagine your parents telling you when they tuck you in at night, "There may be monsters out there, we don't really know;  but there is nothing we can do to protect you. Have a good sleep" 

Tate there is also another factor to this, no Superpower wants to admit they don't have control of their Airspace. Which means during the events that have been occurring we don't have Air Superiority, and that is the most important aspect of any conflict and these incursions are viewed as a major National Security event. 

Peace. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The thing is that there is not much evidence that the occupants of the UFOs are monsters. Mostly that idea is a form of Xenophobia. A GREAT number of people are scared to death of anyone or anything that is different and unknown. We can't stamp out racism so it is no surprise that Xenophobia will be a serious problem if "visitors" ever come out and say hi.

IF they are aliens then they will have to be very slowly and carefully introduced to the masses. Governments are no doubt well aware of this and may already be part of the coverup and a slooooow introduction first to the possibility and then eventually the reality...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DanL said:

The thing is that there is not much evidence that the occupants of the UFOs are monsters. Mostly that idea is a form of Xenophobia. A GREAT number of people are scared to death of anyone or anything that is different and unknown. We can't stamp out racism so it is no surprise that Xenophobia will be a serious problem if "visitors" ever come out and say hi.

IF they are aliens then they will have to be very slowly and carefully introduced to the masses. Governments are no doubt well aware of this and may already be part of the coverup and a slooooow introduction first to the possibility and then eventually the reality...

You make a great point about Xenophobia, but I personally don't believe that we have been or that we are being currently visited by Extraterrestrials. If they objects were to turn out to be from Extraterrestrial origin, I still doubt there would be any life forms on them. It's like we sent out the Voyager Probes to say hello to any intelligent species that they may meet. Well what most people fail to realize is that our species, planet and Solar System are young Approximately 4.5 Billion Years old in the grand scheme of things.

Because when you consider that there are Approximately 2 Triilion Galaxies in the visible Universe that is approximately 13.7 Billion years old and the oldest galaxy discovered is approximately 13.2 Billion Year old. Then you must also realize that there is possibility of another species that could be up to a Billion Years older than ours out there somewhere. Now I understand fully that all of this is theoretical, but still possible in many respects. So imagine for a moment that a Species that is 500 million years older than ours is interested like we were when we sent out the Voyager Missions. 

In my opinion some of the objects that are being encountered could be unoccupied probes collecting scientific data, and they just happen to find what was discovered Earth interesting from so point of perception. If any of the craft are Extraterrestrial that's what I believe they could be. 

JIMO

• Like 2

How do you get rival nations to invest in money draining programs? Programs that divert their resources and assets?

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Freez1 said:

We have all come a long way with technology. I think it�s all man made

The funny thing is that we haven’t even seen any footage of anything that suggests there is anything other than conventional aircraft in our skies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Trelane said:

How do you get rival nations to invest in money draining programs? Programs that divert their resources and assets?

That's a great point man, it will certainly be very difficult if not impossible!:yes:

But maybe you have these guys land at the National Headquarters of those Nations that will not complie! :wacko::D

896C5BD1-F7B9-4AFF-BBF7-DAABF36D13C7-14470-00000C74B15832A1.png.2592e2603263f54f0385bdb8080accf5.png

CBA60F81-EAD3-455F-A583-A49593239AC3-14470-00000C74A5905C53.png.3d1c873d1b32e86aaf5ab6b1f540d217.png

DBBA73CB-4993-462C-9D31-3C1BE50BA310-14470-00000C749E8C0C89.png.1d5f24628081f2ca09c561f88500f5c0.png

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

The funny thing is that we haven’t even seen any footage of anything that suggests there is anything other than conventional aircraft in our skies.

You know Timothy I am not expert on the subject like many here claim to be, and please understand that is not directed at you. I spent almost 34 years my life serving our country, 23 years in the US Military and an additional 10 1/2 years working as Government Contractor in the Middle East. I joined the Army in 1978 and retired as a contractor in 2019.

In all that time I have never heard of or seen the US Government build a hoax and feed it to the American People concerning a Subject like this what do you honestly believe they to gain?

When Decorated Combat Pilots, Experienced Airline Pilots, and others involved claim that objects are moving at speeds that are impossible to duplicate and maneuvering in a manner that is currently impossible with the current technology available across our planet, and this is being tracked with the most sophisticated imagaing devices in the world. Such as radar technology that is able to display 3D imagines of targets real time that is ship board and also used in airborne platforms, computer guided laser tracking devices that once locked on will give you perfect altitudes and speeds of objects being tracked, plus the laser guided and tracking / imaging devices on our military aircraft. 

I have no problem believing there are certainly threats to our airspace that we do not have the technology to counter, and that my friend becomes a very very serious National Security threat. Now I must also say I don't believe the earth has ever been visited by Extraterrestrials enitities, but like we sent out our Voyager Probes many years ago some of these objects could be Probes controlled by some form of AI that are checking us out. Now I completely understand that this line of reasoning is theoretical on my part, although it is no more or less theoretical than the claims made by those trying to debunk the entire situation. 

Thats my take partner, laugh if you like!:tu:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Freez1 said:

We have all come a long way with technology.

Yes and who knows what black ops projects have been employed in the past and are currently being studied

8 hours ago, Freez1 said:

. I think it�s all man made

It seems logical choice yet many accounts take place yrs ago. Nimitz was 17 and is describing advanced technology that would radically change everything about our economics and how we live. The US and other countries continue to dump ka zillions into technology that doesnt even come close to this. The F35 for example is still a conventional aircraft at the end of the day..

The United States is now projected to spend an estimated $323 billion for development and procurement of the F-35, making it the most expensive defense program ever.

Introduction: F-35B: 31 July 2015 (USMC); F-35A: 2 August 2016 (USAF); F-35C: 20...
Developed from: Lockheed Martin X-35
First flight: 15 December 2006 (F-35A)
Role: Stealth multirole fighter

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Timothy said:

What's more, there are already organisations like the FAA in the US and here in Oz there's Airservices Australia, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority and of course the military's RAAF.  All of those are responsible for monitoring the entire airspace and ensuring there is no risk of a collision or incident.  If there were lots of UFO's being reported, those organisations would have to share that info so widely it would have to get out.  But there just aren't lots of UFO's.  Sure, some faraway things do not get recognised or positively identified, so they are technically UFO's.  But we're seeing no threat there.  This is just America's way, pander to the ill-informed and stupid media hype, as they are voters!!

But hey, wake me when this new body comes up with something..  and do tell why they will be 'successful' but our dear friends Luis Elizondo and his musical mate Tom DeLonge ended up posting nothing but terrestrial, uninteresting bull****.

18 hours ago, khol said:

and is describing advanced technology

Khol, can you be a little clearer here - can you point me to any actual EVIDENCE of that claim, or are you responding to the anecdotal stuff, as if it is reality?

4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

can you point me to any actual EVIDENCE of that claim, or are you responding to the anecdotal stuff,

The lattter ChrLzs...its all speculative on my part   :tu:      

• Like 1

• 2 months later...