Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Medium claims old Bible was placed in attic by ghost

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Medium claims old Bible was placed in attic by ghost

Yes. Of course that's what happened Yvonne. And no doubt there will be gullible suckers out there to believe that garbage.

Meh.  Charlatans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe apports do happen from the quantity. quality and consistency of the claims.

Papameter Reading

65% Paranormal     20% Normal Explanation       15% Hoax

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Stiff said:

And no doubt there will be gullible suckers out there to believe that garbage.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I believe apports do happen from the quantity. quality and consistency of the claims.

Papameter Reading

See. It really didn't take that long did it?

Kinda predictable though. 

Edited by Stiff
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stiff said:

See. It really didn't take that long did it?

Kinda predictable though. 

Seems I can predict there will be negative curmudgeons to all such stories.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter Reading

Now if anyone who claims an object was 'Apported' decided to get someone to do fingerprint analysis on it to see who has touched it then I would be interested. However with claims like these everyone just decides to claim paranormal activity instead of trying to rule out all other possible explanations eh? Sure it would take more effort to get someone (rational) to actually do analysis on it given that it involves the paranormal, but if I truly wanted to rule out all other explanations before claiming paranormal, it's the least someone can do. 

papageorge, when will we have a rational person with a scientific background and no ulterior motives claim paranormal occurances beyond reasonable doubt because all other explanations have been tested and ruled out? Every story I read is equally similar and disappointing because no one who claims paranormal activity ever gives any scientific thought to it. 

And scientific people never have these paranormal experiences happen to them because to them so far, there is always a tangible and natural explanation.

Edited by csspwns
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@csspwns

Fair warning :

You'd be better off talking to a rotten cabbage.

Pretty much every paranormal claim is >50% likely to be true because George has read lots of stories and he believes them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Surprised she didn't say it floated down from Heaven.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, csspwns said:

Now if anyone who claims an object was 'Apported' decided to get someone to do fingerprint analysis on it to see who has touched it then I would be interested. However with claims like these everyone just decides to claim paranormal activity instead of trying to rule out all other possible explanations eh? Sure it would take more effort to get someone (rational) to actually do analysis on it given that it involves the paranormal, but if I truly wanted to rule out all other explanations before claiming paranormal, it's the least someone can do. 

Easier said than done. You don't know the timestamp on fingerprints for example. In a case like this the best we can do estimate likelihood which considers the reliability of the testimony. I believe in apports from some other very compelling stories I've heard.

papageorge, when will we have a rational person with a scientific background and no ulterior motives claim paranormal occurances beyond reasonable doubt because all other explanations have been tested and ruled out? Every story I read is equally similar and disappointing because no one who claims paranormal activity ever gives any scientific thought to it. 

Paranormal investigators consider all possibilities as a natural course of consideration.

And scientific people never have these paranormal experiences happen to them because to them so far, there is always a tangible and natural explanation.

No, I've must have heard a hundred times someone say that they are a skeptic or scientist and then go on to relate an experience they cannot explain.

• Haha 1

So this "investigator" finds this book in her house, and her first thought it that it is from some other "investigation" she did where the ghosts wanted her to return it to somebody by dropping it off at her house, like she's a ghost librarian or some ****. I believe they call that a leap of faith of galactic proportions.

I personally call it nothing but a BS stunt to further her "brand". Unless it has a name in it or it has distinctive markings there's no way to say who it belongs to, there's probably a hundred thousand others just like it so anyone saying "oh yes this was my granddads thank you magical ghost librarian" is full of crap. How many people actually know what their "family bible" looks like (down to every small detail) in the first place, and could pick it out of a line up? Especially if has been gone for decades?

Of course, there's not even a pic of it.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Paranormal investigators consider all possibilities as a natural course of consideration.

f2q2ej5y73e01.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Papa Smurf has a cut'n'paste answer to everything.  "I believe (insert woo here) happens from the quantity, quality and consistency of the claims."

I've tried to explain that reading the exact same carbon-copy report word-for-word on a dozen lazy websites does NOT make a story more accurate, correct or reliable.  But - hey! - there's no denying they're plentiful and consistent.

1 hour ago, moonman said:

So this "investigator" finds this book in her house, and her first thought it that it is from some other "investigation" she did where the ghosts wanted her to return it to somebody by dropping it off at her house, like she's a ghost librarian or some ****. I believe they call that a leap of faith of galactic proportions.

There's no reason to doubt these yarns.  Experienced, qualified investigators tell us it's paranormal and that's all the proof we little blue people need.  Nobody in this field is a fraud or con merchant, just out to sell some woo tat or woo book.  They're all warm, lovely, genuine, serious researchers who just happen to come across a whole load more paranormal stuff than the rest of us combined.

Also it sounds like you're a bit of a sceptic.  And it's been PROVEN1 that sceptics radiate BANs (bad antirays of negativity) which cancel paranormal-ness.  That's why you've never seen a ghost, a bigfoot, an apport, a smurf, or a time-travellin' egg-stealin' ESP-communicatin' holographic alien hybrid from Atlantis.  Whereas people like Papa radiate BONGs (beams of needy gullibility) which attract and enhance all the weird $h!t that happens to them.

by someone

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

There is no doubt that this is the ghost of DB Cooper. Perhaps the ghost will tell the investigator when the money is? "ya think"