Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God Vs Nature


trevor borocz johnson
 Share

Recommended Posts

It seems like in following God that we are just leaving it up to nature to decide. A lot of inspirational quotes about God are just two subject's juxtaposed so that God or doing nothing, leaving it up to nature, will answer your problems. Prophecy is sort of the same way. Although we are aware of it, it mostly plays out on its own and not much can be done about it.You have to count in for the fact that people have been really wrong about meaning in the bible before, some of those people mainstream. But how do you teach prophecy if no one is sure of the exact meaning? It's not till afterwards that we generally look back and say something was right. and A LOT of people get it wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
13 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

It seems like in following God that we are just leaving it up to nature to decide. A lot of inspirational quotes about God are just two subject's juxtaposed so that God or doing nothing, leaving it up to nature, will answer your problems. Prophecy is sort of the same way. Although we are aware of it, it mostly plays out on its own and not much can be done about it.You have to count in for the fact that people have been really wrong about meaning in the bible before, some of those people mainstream. But how do you teach prophecy if no one is sure of the exact meaning? It's not till afterwards that we generally look back and say something was right. and A LOT of people get it wrong. 

You made some good points.  For the people who believe in God, many consider nature as something God himself has made….so he’s not really in competition with it.  Although there are many Evangelicals who consider nature cursed by God, and think we live on a “fallen planet.”  
 

Not sure why you decided to throw prophecy into the mix, but I do agree that following prophecy from the Bible is not a helpful thing at all.  That is, for me.  Some people are really into it and find ways of believing in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

It seems like in following God that we are just leaving it up to nature to decide. A lot of inspirational quotes about God are just two subject's juxtaposed so that God or doing nothing, leaving it up to nature, will answer your problems. Prophecy is sort of the same way. Although we are aware of it, it mostly plays out on its own and not much can be done about it.You have to count in for the fact that people have been really wrong about meaning in the bible before, some of those people mainstream. But how do you teach prophecy if no one is sure of the exact meaning? It's not till afterwards that we generally look back and say something was right. and A LOT of people get it wrong. 

You have great hindsight. But you're a poor prophet. As you have no foresight. Teach prophecy? Not sure of the exact meaning? No one? Has anyone gotten it right?

Please, I'm trying to learn about prophecy. Not what it is, but how to go about making others believe in my intimate and infinite knowledge of the prophets of the past, and their source of prophetic inspiration.

Can you give an example from the Bible, and show how it fails, or succeeds in forecasting the future, without hindsight, of course. Therefore you have to also establish and provide evidence on the date it was prophesied, and also point to the future date that it involves the prophecy, give or take a lunar month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

You made some good points.  For the people who believe in God, many consider nature as something God himself has made….so he’s not really in competition with it.  Although there are many Evangelicals who consider nature cursed by God, and think we live on a “fallen planet.”  
 

Not sure why you decided to throw prophecy into the mix, but I do agree that following prophecy from the Bible is not a helpful thing at all.  That is, for me.  Some people are really into it and find ways of believing in it.

Fallen planet? In space everything floats, unless there is a bigger one pulling you down or up, or sideways. You meant a planet full of falling objects, fallen angels, shooting stars. Those periodically fall and normally, if really small, are called shooting stars. But many believe they are really poor souls coming back for more bodies. 

Now after they had gone to rest, about the middle of the night there was a thunderstorm and earthquake, and then in an instant they were driven upwards in all manner of ways to their birth, like stars shooting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

You have great hindsight. But you're a poor prophet. As you have no foresight. Teach prophecy? Not sure of the exact meaning? No one? Has anyone gotten it right?

Please, I'm trying to learn about prophecy. Not what it is, but how to go about making others believe in my intimate and infinite knowledge of the prophets of the past, and their source of prophetic inspiration.

Can you give an example from the Bible, and show how it fails, or succeeds in forecasting the future, without hindsight, of course. Therefore you have to also establish and provide evidence on the date it was prophesied, and also point to the future date that it involves the prophecy, give or take a lunar month. 

Revelations talks about things that seem to be happening now. But who is talking when they 'define' symbology from revelations or define the prophecies correctly can seem utterly convinced of themselves but still paving the way with BS. It's hard to believe in modern preachers and priests about what the bible says because most of the time they are just some schlub that needs a job afterall. There no expert in foreseeing. So what I'm saying is there is no one out there to 100% believe about prophecy and that makes learning anything from a prophet sort of just a guessing game where you become the prophet and see how well you do. Then when you become convinced you are entangled in prophecy you are the center of, you see the end!

Edited by trevor borocz johnson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess baby will just have to settle for a ham sandwich.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

God can leave it up to self fulfilling prophecies if he wants to. So what if that is too fickle for the mortals to accept. Sorry it wasn't square enough for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, Pettytalk said:

Fallen planet? In space everything floats, unless there is a bigger one pulling you down or up, or sideways. You meant a planet full of falling objects, fallen angels, shooting stars. Those periodically fall and normally, if really small, are called shooting stars. But many believe they are really poor souls coming back for more bodies. 

Now after they had gone to rest, about the middle of the night there was a thunderstorm and earthquake, and then in an instant they were driven upwards in all manner of ways to their birth, like stars shooting.

It’s not about space and time in a positional way, it’s claimed - by Evangelicals- that it was the Curse of Adam that brought death to the world, corrupting everyone through the seed of Satan and making it necessary for Jesus to be sacrificed.  According to their theology, and maybe others who believe in Jesus as you do, consider that this current existence will be completely melted by God and only those in Christ who are holy get to live in the New World that is to be created, centered in Jerusalem, where Christ will reign upon the throne of his father David for a thousand years.  That’s while the devil is locked up in bottomless pit for that same 1,000 years.  But, I’d guess you already know that since you may in fact believe it’s real.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2021 at 11:32 AM, Pettytalk said:

In space everything floats

In zero gravity everything "floats".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

In zero gravity everything "floats".

How come you hate space and cats so much Riler?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am still trying to figure out from the thread title if god is fighting with nature as the "v" is for verses which would indicate a conflict. If that is what's going on does that mean god isn't worried about humans anymore or does he want to take us all on so have been reserving comment on this subject.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
3 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

How come you hate space and cats so much Riler?

How come you hate knowledge?

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

How come you hate knowledge?

Oh you got me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bet except for the chosen few to correctly interpret the signs of the time everybody else like 90+% of people will be false prophets onto themselves or in following a false prophet. The lamb of revelations has the rights to open the seven seals with his understanding. I don't think it's really a voting thing on who the chosen one is, but it says other's will fight for the crown. Does that mean a lot of false prophets with there own opinions? Pretty much.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you still talk to your dead cat?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.