Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police take action against back-from-dead girl

Althalus

CANBERRA (Reuters) - Australian police have started legal proceedings against a teenage girl who reappeared last month after being mourned for nearly five years as the victim of a serial killer.

Natasha Ryan, whose disappearance in September 1998, aged 14, sparked a massive and costly police hunt, was found hiding in her boyfriend's house after an anonymous tip-off as her accused murderer went on trial.

A spokesman said police took action in a Brisbane court on Thursday to start proceedings against Ryan and her boyfriend, 27-year-old milkman Scott Black, for wasting police time.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo News

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• neen

• TheOracle

• Sageghost

...not to mention the SES (State Emergency Service), which is a voluntary organisation that among other very important responsibilities to the community help Police search for missing persons.

Or the taxpayer who ultimately foots the bill for Police expenditure. I understand the Boys in Blue are busy bean-counting in an effort to determine the exact costs involved.

By the way, they sold their story to the media for approx. $200,000 AU (I can't remember who exactly got the $$ though - N.Ryan or her mother, but someone got it).

Disgusting.

What I can't get over is the fact that she let her parents believe she was dead for so long . I can't even begin to imagine the hell they must have gone through over this . It's not like she didn't know somebody was going to be charged with her murder or even that her familly were grieving for her . It was all over the T.V. I don't think she will ever be able to work off the debt 's she ows to people . Not in this life anyway .

I agree with sageghost and kismit what this girl did was just wrong.Any money she recieved from the media should go towards the costs that were involved in her search and she should also be charged or fined for not coming forward when the police thought she might have been murdered.

Just to add to Sagey's comment, I think her 'boyfreind' should also be charged/fined for not doing anything about the situation as well.

Oracle and Sage ghost your right , I think there have been quite a few laws broken by the boyfriend . Wasn't she jail bait when she ran away in the first place?

I think she was 14 years old actually Kismet. For that alone I think they should string him up by the @#$!. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

That makes me furious. I know teenagers experience the highest point of

selfishness during these years in their life..but thats just--uurghfgh!!-

I gotta tell those cops: GO GIT!

I wonder if she hadn't been caught, where would her line have been drawn?? When this innocent man went to jail for a murder he did not committ?? This story is an outrage!

I wonder if she hadn't been caught, where would her line have been drawn?? When this innocent man went to jail for a murder he did not committ?? This story is an outrage!

Believe me Lillian this guy is not innocent, he was convicted of murdering 4 other women and it was thought that he murdered the girl aswell when she went missing, but as the article said, she was fine and hiding out at her boyfriends.Hopefully this "monster" will rot in jail for very long time.