Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sweden's first female prime minister

thedutchiedutch

Sweden's first ever female prime minister has resigned just hours after she was appointed.

Magdalena Andersson, was announced as leader on Wednesday but resigned after her coalition partner quit the government and her budget failed to pass.

Instead, parliament voted for a budget drawn-up by the opposition which includes the anti-immigrant far right.

"I have told the speaker that I wish to resign," Ms Andersson told reporters.

Her coalition partner, the Greens Party said it could not accept a budget "drafted for the first time with the far-right".

Ms Andersson said that she hoped to to try to become prime minister again as a single party government leader.

Link to Full Article & Source : https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59400539

• Haha 2

I wonder if she spent the first few hours in a quiet rage,repeating the phrase " no, there's nothing wrong ". Every time someone asked ," whats up " .

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

And I thought I was the only one who couldn't put together a Swedish cabinet.

729216319_OIP(3).jpg.fde900373227ccfe64711ad3801e987c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Not much of a leader, if at the first sign of challenge, they quit and walk away.

• Like 4

On 11/26/2021 at 1:07 PM, quiXilver said:

Not much of a leader, if at the first sign of challenge, they quit and walk away.

Poor leader, clever person. If the budget you just agreed upon wasn’t passed, you know it’ll be ice skating up hill to pass anything. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Poor leader, clever person. If the budget you just agreed upon wasn’t passed, you know it’ll be ice skating up hill to pass anything. 

Yea.  Wise perhaps.  It seems an axiom of politics, that the people most drawn to want power and influence, are the least appropriate to wield it.  Most of the people I'd like to support for leadership, are all too wise to seek such positions.  One of the reasons I've stayed out of political involvement almost the entirety of my life.

On 11/28/2021 at 4:51 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

On 11/26/2021 at 3:07 AM, quiXilver said:

She has accepted this time.You are both unimpressed with her, why?

Sweden elects first female PM for second time after shock resignation | The Independent

10 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

She has accepted this time.You are both unimpressed with her, why?

Sweden elects first female PM for second time after shock resignation | The Independent

On 11/25/2021 at 7:07 PM, quiXilver said:

at the first sign of challenge, they quit and walk away.

my answer is in your quoted question.

If she remains this time and actually tries to enact actions to bring about the change she claims to support and face the challenge she sought out in her election, my opinion may change.