Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump organization tax fraud probe 'largely a dud'


F3SS
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

Quote

 

Legal analyst: Trump organization tax fraud probe 'largely a dud' (msn.com)


CNN's Kara Scannell reports Manhattan prosecutors have informed top Trump Organization executive Matthew Calamari that, for now, they do not intend to charge him with any crimes as part of their wide-ranging investigation into the former president's company. CNN's senior legal analyst Elie Honig says this indicates the tax fraud charge against the organization is likely going nowhere.

 

Ha, wasn't this supposed to be the big one that was going to take him down post-presidency? The most powerful agencies in the world, heavyweight charges, all the money, resources and media support in the world have brought one failed attempt after another to put your nightmare behind bars. Let me guess, the Jan 6th committee is really gonna get him, right? :lol: You guys ever feel like maybe you'll never catch that dangling carrot? Happy Thanksgiving!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Yeah, behaviour like his has become normalized.  Laws and loopholes have been created so companies and the rich can do things you and I would go to jail for.

Take the whole chairty scandal where he used it like a personal piggy bank to pay off his lawsuits and buy himself stuff for instance.  A business agent at our union got 5yrs for doing something similar.  We just live in different worlds.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, behaviour like his has become normalized.  Laws and loopholes have been created so companies and the rich can do things you and I would go to jail for.

Take the whole chairty scandal where he used it like a personal piggy bank to pay off his lawsuits and buy himself stuff for instance.  A business agent at our union got 5yrs for doing something similar.  We just live in different worlds.  

There's no doubt that sometimes there are two tiers of justice but it's not a rule. The ptb have been absolutely ruthless and relentless against Trump. I'd say he has allies for sure but he doesn't have the right friends in all the high places. They've been trying like hell to bring him down and if they could they would have done so imo.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, F3SS said:

There's no doubt that sometimes there are two tiers of justice but it's not a rule. The ptb have been absolutely ruthless and relentless against Trump. I'd say he has allies for sure but he doesn't have the right friends in all the high places. They've been trying like hell to bring him down and if they could they would have done so imo.

He literally got to pick the judges in the US.....

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He literally got to pick the judges in the US.....

True, a lot too but not all of them and they're not all lackeys. If that were the sole reason he walks free today then why were judges throwing out his election fraud cases left and right? Besides the fact that Guiliani is a bonehead...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

He literally got to pick the judges in the US.....

Along with Obama.  These attempts to take trump down only achievements are to make the democrats look like idiots. The democrats don’t see this but the republicans and we independents do, just in case anyone wants to know what happened after the next election.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

It's almost like the media has been lying to us about Trump for years (remember when the Mueller Report was supposed to be the end of Trump? Everyone said "just wait till he isn't president anymore".... and then the Steele Dossier ended up being a load of codswallop too, and... we're still waiting...) :innocent:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Along with Obama.  These attempts to take trump down only achievements are to make the democrats look like idiots. The democrats don’t see this but the republicans and we independents do, just in case anyone wants to know what happened after the next election.

Pshaw.  They are all idiots Democrat and Republican alike.  Or are they?

You don't think it's odd that we have this perfectly balanced system with all of our issues evenly divided and never resolved?  With congress and the presidency shifting back and forth regularly between the parties?  

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Trump sees the inside of a jail cell- But let's face it.  He won't.  The Clintons won't.  The Biden's won't.  

I'm so jaded at this point that I don't mind the corruption.  It's how blatant they are with it that annoys me.  

As for Trump's achievements.  Laws are hard to undo, judges are hard to unseat, but executive orders can be reversed with a pen stroke.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It amuses me still the HIGH HOPES the liberals had at every turn. MUELLER! IMPEACHMENT! STEELE! Stormy Daniels! All were going to take him down and remove him from office. 

When Biden won, there was soooooo much glee in that finally... FINALLY!! ... Trump would feel their hatred... Uh... I mean "Justice". He was going to be immediately taken into custody with no bail, and go soon after to prison. Because he was obviously guilty. Slate, Mother Jones, MSNBC, CNN, and the Young Turks, all said so.

And here we are with Trump playing golf every day, while Biden slowly teleprompters himself into dottage. 

And the funniest thing is when I do talk to a true believer liberal they're super confused why this is all happening. They're so removed from reality it is funny. But at the same time very sad.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

It amuses me still the HIGH HOPES the liberals had at every turn. MUELLER! IMPEACHMENT! STEELE! Stormy Daniels! All were going to take him down and remove him from office. 

When Biden won, there was soooooo much glee in that finally... FINALLY!! ... Trump would feel their hatred... Uh... I mean "Justice". He was going to be immediately taken into custody with no bail, and go soon after to prison. Because he was obviously guilty. Slate, Mother Jones, MSNBC, CNN, and the Young Turks, all said so.

And here we are with Trump playing golf every day, while Biden slowly teleprompters himself into dottage. 

And the funniest thing is when I do talk to a true believer liberal they're super confused why this is all happening. They're so removed from reality it is funny. But at the same time very sad.

Why do you think so many people were so keen to see him removed altogether? 

I'm not sure why his supporters gloat like he does. There a reason that a hell of a lot of people really dislike him. His supporters don't seem to pick up on that and think everyone should love him, and would of they just see him how they do.  Honestly, it's a bit sickening. He is a very poor example of your country. Biden never had a chance. He was a political sacrifice, but ended a war. In that respect he will always be the better president no matter what.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Why do you think so many people were so keen to see him removed altogether? 

I'm not sure why his supporters gloat like he does. There a reason that a hell of a lot of people really dislike him. His supporters don't seem to pick up on that and think everyone should love him, and would of they just see him how they do.  Honestly, it's a bit sickening. He is a very poor example of your country.

I completely understand. He only won because the other choice was Hillary Clinton. I'd much rather have voted for any of a dozen other better skilled politicians, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for Clinton ever.

I feel a lot of the anger, and Trump love, from the Right is a direct reflection from the hate and bashing from the Left. Without all the media hate mongering, in search of money by way of sensationalism, it would have been a lot more pleasant few years.

Quote

Biden never had a chance. He was a political sacrifice, but ended a war.

I don't think thats necessarily true. He could have held ground as a moderate, and honestly tried to bring the nation together. But he decided to give in to the left. And now he's screwed for the next 3 years.

I guess he could head back to the center, but he'd need to surround himself with different aids/advisors.

Quote

he will always be the better president no matter what.

See, now that's scary. You'd give carte blanche to Biden because of Trump. I think each should stand on their own merits.

BUT... This thread is about how Progressives are doing, not about Trump so much.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On these matters specifically, the progressive witch hunters are gigantic failures and carrot danglers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
20 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I completely understand. He only won because the other choice was Hillary Clinton. I'd much rather have voted for any of a dozen other better skilled politicians, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for Clinton ever.

I can understand that. Honestly I can after some thought f the things she said that you showed me. I just don't get the fascination with Trump. He's an ass. 

20 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I feel a lot of the anger, and Trump love, from the Right is a direct reflection from the hate and bashing from the Left. Without all the media hate mongering, in search of money by way of sensationalism, it would have been a lot more pleasant few years.

Do you mean against the man himself? Or his leadership?

20 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I don't think thats necessarily true. He could have held ground as a moderate, and honestly tried to bring the nation together. But he decided to give in to the left. And now he's screwed for the next 3 years.

I guess he could head back to the center, but he'd need to surround himself with different aids/advisors.

I just can't see that considering that he deposed Trump. I think whoever did was always going to be in for a hard time. Trump set the bar very low. So low even Biden could leap it. People were taking cheap shots whilst he was running. I know I expected this reception. A lot of criticisms strike me as extremely petty. 

20 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

See, now that's scary. You'd give carte blanche to Biden because of Trump. I think each should stand on their own merits.

No. You know why I think Trump is scum of the earth. I think Biden has done well by initiating proper covid procedures immediately, ending the war, and is by far a better international ambassador. 

20 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

BUT... This thread is about how Progressives are doing, not about Trump so much.

There seems to be some gloating going on on his behalf. I just think he is a slippery scumbag as opposed to some poor fellow being crucified. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.