Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brian May slams BRIT Awards over gender-neutral categories

Eldorado

Brian May has criticised BRIT Awards bosses for abandoning separate male and female prizes in favour of gender-neutral categories.

"I feel very uncomfortable about some of the decisions that are being made, often out of fear," he said. "Because people are so afraid of being called out. It is a horrible atmosphere.

"I get so sick of people trying to change things without thinking of the long-term consequences. Some of these things are improvements and some are not. Some of them are depriving people. I would like to see a lot more care taken to make sure we don't just jump on people and accuse them of this and that."

MSN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I despair at the counter-intuitive way everything is going.

The vast majority of it can be blamed on the internet, which I would turn off permanently right now if I could.

• Like 3

Just now, jethrofloyd said:

Just pull a cable out of the socket. :D

I'm talking about the World Wide Web, not my internet connection. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acute said:

I despair at the counter-intuitive way everything is going.

The vast majority of it can be blamed on the internet, which I would turn off permanently right now if I could.

What? That's racist... or maybe sexist... I'm sure there's some kind of intolerance involved in there. 

It often seems to me that 95% of people are just sheep, following whatever/whomever it is they want to lead them, and don't really think for themselves. 

Its a sad thing, and an example, I think, of the degrading of society overall.

• Like 2