Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are US Catholic Bishops waging a Holy War?

Eldorado

On November 17, 2020, the head of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), Archbishop José Gomez, announced that Joe Biden, who had just been elected president, presented “a difficult and complex situation for the church.”

A devout Catholic, Biden nonetheless had expressed support, albeit sometimes lukewarm, for abortion and LGBTQ rights. Therefore, the bishops’ body had decided to form a working group to consider how to deal with a Catholic president at odds with church doctrine.

Two months later, on Inauguration Day, Gomez issued a press release that tempered the USCCB’s traditional congratulations with the claim that Biden had “pledged to pursue certain policies that would advance moral evils and threaten human life and dignity.”

Gomez’s press release was met with immediate rebuttals from other high-ranking bishops, one of whom described it on Twitter as “ill-considered” and demonstrative of “internal institutional failures,” as well as a subtle rebuke from Pope Francis, who sent Biden a warm note of congratulations later the same day.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/11/the-pope-welcomed-biden-so-why-are-us-catholic-bishops-waging-a-holy-war/

• Like 1

These bishops are Benedict's creatures, hand-picked by him, s**t stirrers like him, corrupt as him.  They oppose anything and anyone that doesn't toe their hyper-conservative ideological dogmatic line.

Francis has his hands full trying to contain them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wistman said:

These bishops are Benedict's creatures, hand-picked by him, s**t stirrers like him, corrupt as him.  They oppose anything and anyone that doesn't toe their hyper-conservative ideological dogmatic line.

Francis has his hands full trying to contain them. 

Who doesn’t these days?

• Like 2

My immediate rebuttal to their rebuttals, for or against, will better suit me, looking with my hindsight, it's going to be too long for a discussion format, here. Foresight tells me I still have more to add, and edit more after adding. I have been here writing away, for hours, it seems, but I have decided, under the control of better judgement of the source inspiring me to take my time and think things over, just in case I'm think on my own, and mixing it with the content from my external inspirational source, which I think thinks better than l could ever dream of thinking. So I have decided to use my blog to treat your tasty bait for catching further discussion. I'll just leave enough to bait you, in turn, to follow my rebuttal on my own turf, as I need the home advantage to re-butt those Bishops on their own home ground, a turf full of weeds, and little wheat.

When it comes to Jesus' very own true Christianity, there is no such thing as a holy war. In very truth, peace was the weapon of choice. Put away your swords! Words are a double-edged sword. Apparently these top echelon hypocritical moralists are ignorant of the instructions given by the one whose name they carry.  Love your enemies! What kind of example are they giving to their flocks? They were instructed to preach the Gospel, of which peace is a big part. They are to spread the news--one of peace, kindness, brotherly love, forgiveness, grace....and leave the rest to the Father. Vengeance is mine, said the Lord! And so is judgment, said His Son, especially when it comes to the final and supreme one. And here they are, judging what is moral evil, who is immoral, who is infected and spreading this evil, morally. As these bishops are even prophesying of what will happen, if they don't come up with a religious battle plan, to prevent what they believe is coming their way, if they don't go to war with Biden. They believe Biden will be giving a bad example to follow, by being a devout religious Catholic believer, but, at the same time, believing more in the judgments of the supreme court of the land; the nation's manly constitutional laws he swore to uphold, defend, and personally follow. He's following, but even for Biden, as president and commander-in-chief, the following leads to a junction, a fork in the road.

And here they are, bishops, head ambassadors of the Kingdom of God, totally ignorant of the Kingdom's rules and laws. Fighting among themselves in interpretation differences, and some even rebellious to the tyrannical rule they placed themselves under. They vowed, strictly, to follow the leader, religiously, when they first took office themselves; the day they were ordained, ordinary priests, the rank of privates in their salvation army, ministers of religion, a religion they understand little. Otherwise why would they be wagging each others' tails, these dogs of holy war? They can never have enough of their bloody crusades, whether using knightly swords, or religious words. And all in the name of Christ, who labeled them all as hypocrites, old an new school...same crime. 

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

A little commonsense judgment is needed before we can determine what judgments violate the general law of judgment, since Christ was never straight forward, preferring his listeners not to understand straight out, as he preached using a lot of parables, cousins of allegories, and used a lot of similes in way of examples; mostly of himself and the lifestyle to follow, if anyone wanted to apply for a green card, to become a future permanent resident in His Father's Kingdom. He did not hesitate, in an indirect and discrete alluding way, to include himself in those parables, especially those meant to give hints of the nature of the Kingdom to Come. Especially in reference to the exact time it will come, and how to recognize, and judge for themselves, as to the sign of the times, and conditions, that will be ripe for the harvest. Harvests are always best planned by using the old, tried and true, science free, Farmers' almanac, since one must know when it's time to seed, once the fertile land has been properly plowed, and ready to receive the seedlings.  As the farmers' almanac clearly predicts the weather using poetry, an example to follow: 

When the dew is on the grass
Rain will never come to pass.
When grass is dry at morning light,
Look for rain before the night.

Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

Come, follow me, if you dare to listen to long-winded pettytalk on his soapbox/ pulpit.

4 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

My immediate rebuttal to their rebuttals, for or against, will better suit me,

Hi Pettytalk

There have been several rebuttals on both sides on the discussion so would appreciate you clarifying whos butts up against the wall pov are you rebutting?:huh:

4 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

with my hindsight, it's going to be too long for a discussion format, here.

Well to be fair I like a good discussion if it's to the point with some gags thrown in to break up the monotony but if has no hope of going anywhere then yes I agree.:tu:

5 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

I'm think on my own,

We are all on our own, we just have lots of company.

just in case I'm think on my own, and mixing it with the content from my external inspirational source, which I think thinks better than l could ever dream of thinking.

Yes thinking can be a group activity, that is how we have survived as the dominant species on the planet, but is not dependent on a group for it to happen to one individual hopefully. We have leaders in thinking that either guides or deceives/corrupts the thinking of others to a perceived end. There can be presently demonstrated examples of this as well in modern or ancient humans.

. I'll just leave enough to bait you,

Did you bait me or did I bait you with my silence?:lol:

Well Shakespeare all the world is your stage and we are your audience.

Just wondering if this is just going to be an Atlantis kind of thing or an open end discussion on your constructs?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Pettytalk

There have been several rebuttals on both sides on the discussion so would appreciate you clarifying whos butts up against the wall pov are you rebutting?:huh: JUST ARCHBISHOPS, AND BISHOPS, BUTT FROM A SAFE DISTANCE.

Well to be fair I like a good discussion if it's to the point with some gags thrown in to break up the monotony but if has no hope of going anywhere then yes I agree.:tu: I'm planning to include some gagging, and will be referencing to this gag, in rebutting the clergy at war.  You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel. But, by rebutts will also include the rest of Matthew 23, and here is some of the rest, to arrest their butts with. It's illegal to practice the salvation of souls, without a board certified license..they are just quacks. And as they say, if it looks like duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and it's duck open season, and you have a hunting license, shoot! Roasted duck is how I prefer to devour my ducks.

1Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2“The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

5“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries a wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

8“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11The greatest among you will be your servant. 12For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned...every catholic in a confessional begins the confession by referring to the confessor as "father.' Most priests have that tag on their foreheads, they are tagged as father. The biggest and most powerful father of all, is his holiness the archbishop of Rome, the Pope, the top dog, that can wag all the tails of his holy empire. Every other father, small or bigger, kneels to him, kisses his finger's ring, and is addressed, and refer to, Holy Father. The fish always starts to stink from the head. I think that comes from the ancient secret sign of being a christian when they were being persecuted by the ancient Romans, before Constantine spotted a cloud formation in the shape of a cross in the sky taken it as omen, he made it his business to make Christianity the state religion. 

Instructors? We have an immediate opening for a teacher, to brainwash innocent children, and/or mental deficient adults, in our catechism classes. Catechism 101 anyone?

What is taught in Catholic catechism?
Catechisms are doctrinal manuals – often in the form of questions followed by answers to be memorized – a format that has been used in non-religious or secular contexts as well.

Yes thinking can be a group activity, that is how we have survived as the dominant species on the planet, but is not dependent on a group for it to happen to one individual hopefully. We have leaders in thinking that either guides or deceives/corrupts the thinking of others to a perceived end. There can be presently demonstrated examples of this as well in modern or ancient humans.

Did you bait me or did I bait you with my silence?:lol: Let's compromise and we'll both have fish for dinner. 

Well Shakespeare all the world is your stage and we are your audience. Not when it come to long plays, as with me it's out the door after a few lines. I'm not a Marc Anthony: Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears. I can prove that, I have only a couple sets of ears out on loan. I don't remember if I ever told you before that our dear and talented William, was a partial Platonists.

Just wondering if this is just going to be an Atlantis kind of thing or an open end discussion on your constructs? It's always that kind of thing with me when it comes to My Atlantis, It's my salvation, and my free ticket to stardom. Before you know it, I'll have my own star on the Hollywood walk of fame sidewalk. Then anyone can walk on me, and not just my UM friends. It will be a Hollywood block buster, as I'm writing it similar to a Dan Browns novel, and like sly Stallone, I'm not selling the screenplay rights to any studio that refuses to allow me the starring role, too. I'll be a kind of Rocky, but on a different intellectual level, one more on the lines of a Professor Langdon.

Inspiration comes and goes slowly today, as the wind has calmed. I'm working on it, as it will be the subject my first blog entry for  my other blog...I have two, and apparently I may not have the pleasure of having three, where I would have made it a freewill, come one come all, all topics go blog. 

But this will serve me well, in my blog under construction on my Future Atlantis. No need for a third just for this one.

Anyway I have a lot here, but as friend, I know you like big portions, if I cannot feed it to you all at once. You got to remember that Atlantis is bigger than Asia and Libya combined. Try to Imagine, if you can, how big your mouth would have to be, to take it all at once

P.S. I'm typing this in my sleep.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

. I'll be a kind of Rocky, but on a different intellectual level, one more on the lines of a Professor Langdon.

Hi Sly Pettytalk Langdon

Your name is growing here.:lol:

• Haha 1

Didn't the pope, yknow their /boss/ say he was square with the church? What happened to Catholics following their own rules? Did that get molested too?

22 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Sly Pettytalk Langdon

Your name is growing here.:lol:

What's in a name? Hopefully I'm not growing unto becoming a Weed head. As a reformed hippie, even though it has become legal, I no longer indulge in such a vehicle to take me to high places. At my age, I am no longer a good-standing member in any communal-living circles advocating peace, love, brotherhood, live and let live, make love and not war, and get a piece of love where ever it's offered freely, since large purchases were costly; too expensive for poor hippies like me. I no longer sport the usual hippie look; long hair, beard, sandals and tunic. I'm now an overgrown adult, and no longer needing grooming services at the sport-clips, as the problem is no longer hair length... it's a quantitative problem, scarcity, caused by too many unproductive, large communal group of hair follicles, mainly concentrated on top and edges, and which once was a very fertile spread head of hair. What can I say, it happens to the best of us, especially with the coming of age. On transition from my teenager bravado,idealistic years, dawning a new look of respectability, I became a responsible 28 years old wage earner. Finally earning trust, by relieving the worries of my future wife's parent's initial worried look of not being able to support their daughter, for better or worse, without their constant monthly contributions to my meek wages. So as to not make this any more painful than reason dictates, I now am a steady user of various stylishly decorated grain alcohol vehicles to, spiritually take me, figuratively, where eagles dare, up where I belong, lately. Using the modern stairway to my heaven, the modern elevator...if I can press the right floor button, where my wife awaits to greet me with late loving greeting arms, to gently guide me to my plush, leisurely accommodations for the night; the living room couch of our heavenly furnished 13th floor apartment. Good night and happy selfish dreams, all she wrote, as I read next morning on the frig door's magnetized paper holder.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Didn't the pope, yknow their /boss/ say he was square with the church? What happened to Catholics following their own rules? Did that get molested too?

Catholics have a long history of ignoring the pope. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1