Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Windows 11. Are you using it?

ouija ouija

I think Windows 10 is supported until 2025 so I will worry about it then.  I will either buy a new Win 11 computer or switch to some kind of Linux.

• Like 3

On 12/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, little_dreamer said:

I think Windows 10 is supported until 2025 so I will worry about it then.  I will either buy a new Win 11 computer or switch to some kind of Linux.

You can upgrade to Win 11 for free. It comes via Windows Update.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/get-windows-11?r=1

I'm not interested in running the latest, I just want something stable that is still supported. I'm currently using Windows 8.1. It is only supported for one more year though so I will look into if it is possible to upgrade to Windows 10 during the coming year. If not, I will install Ubuntu and/or buy a new computer. Windows 11 is not supported on my old computer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My computer(s) don't have the processor requirements to run Windows 11.

I have an AMD Ryzen computer and windows 11 is not yet optimized for AMD processors and my computer would run slower if I upgraded. Microsoft is locked, hip-to-hip, with Intel and puts AMD processors on the backburner. Besides, MS ridiculous requirements to upgrade means only one out of six of my devices qualifies for Win 11. So why upgrade just one?

• Like 1