Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Biden Slammed for Calling Trump’s Travel Restrictions Racist, Xenophobic, Then Enacting His Own

el midgetron

40 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Did you like it when Trump did it?  Do you like it now?

Yes, I liked it when Trump did it and I like it now, Quarantine seems like the obvious way to prevent spread. Your question seems better suited to ask those who criticized it under Trump only to mental-gymnastics it under Biden. 

• Like 6

The difference is that travel bans that cover /everybody/ will help. Travel bans that only ban a certain nationality from traveling do not since, fun fact, white people can carry disease too. Hell the NYC outbreak started after the Chinese travel ban when two Americans who weren't affected by it got back, went to a board meeting, and it spread from there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The travel restrictions do not ban flights or apply to U.S. citizens and lawful U.S. permanent residents.

The president told reporters while on a walk in Nantucket that his medical team recommended the ban begin on Monday instead of immediately. A White House official told Reuters the gap was due to the procedural things that had to be done before such a ban could be put in place, including working with transportation authorities and airlines.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-impose-travel-curbs-eight-southern-african-countries-over-new-covid-19-2021-11-26/

This also doesn't stop people from flying to another country, with no restrictions, and coming to the US.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 5

My favorite part back then was when he insisted on calling it the "china virus" and didn't ban travel to other infected countries but quickly put bans on countries from his Muslim list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Yes, I liked it when Trump did it and I like it now, Quarantine seems like the obvious way to prevent spread. Your question seems better suited to ask those who criticized it under Trump only to mental-gymnastics it under Biden. 

I like the idea, but neither one is a complete travel ban.    If you remember airlines started cancelling flights from China at about the same time as our travel ban.  If you want to stop the spread,  cancelling flights might be better, then nobody travels 

A  hole in the last ban was letting possibly infected people fly into a major hub then without any restrictions spread out across the US  almost like we wanted to spread the virus.

My question is for this thread.  If you liked it then, what is not to like now, especially if we might  do it more effectively?   Jump through hoops to defend Biden?  Naw, an old dog just learned a new trick. 

If he did not impose some flight restrictions, wouldn't you roast him for being a totally senile moron?

• Like 2

I liked it both times.    But there is nothing wrong with pointing out idiot bidens hypocrisy.  

• Like 5

If it is has any chance of working, you have to stop everybody not just Chinese or in this case Africans.  Everybody.   Otherwise it is pretty pointless.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I like the idea, but neither one is a complete travel ban.    If you remember airlines started cancelling flights from China at about the same time as our travel ban.  If you want to stop the spread,  cancelling flights might be better, then nobody travels 

A  hole in the last ban was letting possibly infected people fly into a major hub then without any restrictions spread out across the US  almost like we wanted to spread the virus.

My question is for this thread.  If you liked it then, what is not to like now, especially if we might  do it more effectively?   Jump through hoops to defend Biden?  Naw, an old dog just learned a new trick. 

If he did not impose some flight restrictions, wouldn't you roast him for being a totally senile moron?

I agree they could both have been executed better. Those points are valid criticism. What’s not was the Democrats routine of claiming everything Trump did was racist. Now that Joe is doing the same thing, it shows they were just blowing hot air to resist Trump. We were facing the uncertainty of a coming pandemic and the Democrats were only concerned with consolidating their power. They were attacking Trump at the expense of the our effort to negate the spread of the virus and with disregard for the safety of the American people. It was just business as usual for them, a program that puts Americans last, 

If Joe hadn’t enacted a travel ban I probably wouldn’t have been the least bit surprised. 

Trump was largely working in uncharted waters. Despite the Democrats having Trump’s mistakes to learn from its as if they are intent on making the same errors by allowing potentially infected American citizens to travel home from these countries and allowing citizens of these countries to travel in from un-restricted neighboring countries. 

Ultimately, unless these variants can be locally squashed in the place of origin, it’s only a matter of time before they are everywhere. From what I’ve heard this particular variant has only been observed to cause mild cases of infection. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If it is has any chance of working, you have to stop everybody not just Chinese or in this case Africans.  Everybody.   Otherwise it is pretty pointless.

I think if you can identify it fast enough it should be these African countries that are locked down, no one in no one out. Locking down international travel has consequences too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, el midgetron said:

What’s not was the Democrats routine of claiming everything Trump did was racist. Now that Joe is doing the same thing, it shows they were just blowing hot air to resist Trump. We were facing the uncertainty of a coming pandemic and the Democrats were only concerned with consolidating their power. They were attacking Trump at the expense of the our effort to negate the spread of the virus and with disregard for the safety of the American people. It was just business as usual for them, a program that puts Americans last, 

Partially true, but not completely true.  Biden walked back the "Racist" criticism of Trump during  heat of the debate  within a few days.  He then said it was not about the travel restrictions.  But just like their secret buddies the Republicans and the Trump supporters, every crisis is an opportunity to consolidate power.

Swapping back and forth between Democrats and Republicans will get us nowhere.  Neither party is concerned about the average citizen, just maintaining power.  Time to vote them all out.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Time to vote them all out.  

And replace them with what?

• Like 1

Time to vote the Tea Party in!!

On 11/27/2021 at 1:20 PM, el midgetron said:

pretty much the only thing he did in his term as president that I agreed 100% with.. and was annoyed that our gov here just kept letting international travelers come through

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

96A7377B-7FCD-4019-ABD9-AE5DEDF87BDE.jpeg.3a35c71178088883b0d648716633db3e.jpeg

I respectfully disagree. Cobra Commander is weak and whiny.

I nominate Zartan.

zartan_gi-joe_silo.png

:yes: He is very good at playing other roles and a master at disguises. And soooooo sexy. :wub:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Katniss said:

I respectfully disagree. Cobra Commander is weak and whiny.

I nominate Zartan.

zartan_gi-joe_silo.png

:yes: He is very good at playing other roles and a master at disguises. And soooooo sexy. :wub:

He still uses a cheat’s bow though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He still uses a cheat’s bow though.

Ha! And what does Cobra Commander have? A cheap gold plated Cobra head scepter? Pleeeease! :rolleyes: Oh spare me.

Besides, Zartan freed us all from Serpentor's tyranny with that special bow. Where would we all be now if he hadn't taken down Serpentor?

O' hail Zartan! Yaaaaaay! :clap:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Katniss said:

Ha! And what does Cobra Commander have? A cheap gold plated Cobra head scepter? Pleeeease! :rolleyes: Oh spare me.

Besides, Zartan freed us all from Serpentor's tyranny with that special bow. Where would we all be now if he hadn't taken down Serpentor?

O' hail Zartan! Yaaaaaay! :clap:

He also killed the Soft Master with that bow. 
And Cobra Commander has valuable life skills from his days as a Used Car Salesman like “as long as the paperwork is legitimate, no one asks questions”. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

An editorial in the government-owned newspaper Ghanaian Times published Monday accused President Joe Biden and other Western leaders of “mak[ing] Africa their whipping boy” by banning African travelers from entering their countries in response to the discovery of the “Omicron” variant of Chinese coronavirus.

https://www.breitbart.com/africa/2021/12/06/ghana-joe-biden-travel-bans-make-africa-their-whipping-boy/