Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Photo] Weird Light Creature?

Gakk1023

Hey all,

I've had this image for several years and have never really sought out answers from others. I've googled a million things, but never turn up anything. I'm sure it has a very logical explanation, just don't have enough experience with light oddities or camera tricks to know.

Short story:

WAY back when I attended a super cool warehouse rave (and I was under the influence if that matters lol). There was some great DJs and live music and people were recording and taking pictures on their phones. I had someone I don't know come up to me and ask me if I knew what this was. I didn't know what to say, but asked for the photo. I held onto it for years because it looks cool. 

Anyone out there more experienced with spirituality/ metaphysical nature or even camera/ light tricks able to explain this one? 

Thanks in advance.  

Light Spirit Creature1.jpeg

• Like 2

Maybe you got one of the show laser beam  in your camera lens reflecting arround it? 

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

Can you remember the process by which you got it?  The main problem here is that the image is not the original, it has been stripped of 'EXIF' data (which gives useful exposure info).  Can you get a fresh copy, but unchanged or copied directly from the camera media?

It's certainly an unusual smudge or two, and I'm afraid I lean to (accidental) fakery, eg pressing the wrong buttons in an image editor.  The colours look strangely 'pure' and oversaturated, which suggests editing, or exposure to a very strongly coloured light source like the laser mentioned above.

• Like 4

Hah, I was thinking it must've been a weird light laser or something too.

As far as the process goes, it was some random person who took it on their phone.  

I actually had to crop the photo to make it small enough to post. I'm sure that probably jeopardized the integrity of the photo. Thanks for mentioning that, didn't know that would cause an issue. 

All good! Thanks for the comments guys! I personally haven't edited it, but it doesn't mean it wasn't done. It was shown to me during the event, so if it was edited, it was done quickly. 

If I'm to look for another photo with "EXIF" data, how would I know if any of the photos contain unedited data? (Sorry, I'm not big into photos or digital imaging).

Thanks!

EDIT: Also the process was just a random person I didn't know taking photos for the event holder (if I remember correctly). I didn't know them. 

I just googled the EXIF and figured out it's just details of the image. So I pulled the image (from 2017) from my iCloud account. It doesn't seem to show the make, model or anything of the camera. I'm guessing that image wasn't the original image either. Sorry all. 

Thanks again for the input :)

Edited by Gakk1023
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

You fell into Mr.Burns warehouse rave ghost dimension! :lol:

Monty burns alien extraterrestre GIF on GIFER - by Hugda

Lol! I remember this episode!! Great show :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gakk1023 said:

I just googled the EXIF and figured out it's just details of the image.

For the sake of completeness... Whenever a camera takes a digital image (with almost no exceptions) the saved image file is not just image data, but also contains text information ("EXIF") data ('metadata').

That info can include camera details including brand/model/serial number, exposure settings (shutter speed. aperture, ISO, Color balance, etc), whether flash was used, focal length and focus distance, Date and time, type of JPEG compression, image size in pixels, print resolution (PPI), metering type, last editing details, etc.  So at the moment it is taken the original file contains a lot of useful (and potentially identifying!) stuff.  But if you re-open that file in an image processor or editor, then you can strip the EXIF data.  Some programs can have that set as the default, and of course hoaxers will often get rid of it when they don't want the 'truth' revealed.  EXIF data can give an indication of whether the image has been altered, but it's a black art - there are ways you can fool even an expert by manipulating it.  It's a helpful tool in analysing an image, but it's not 100% reliable.

The only way you can tell if an image has exif data is to load it into a suitable image processing program (eg XnView for Windows) and you can then check the image properties. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gakk1023 said:

Hey all,

I've had this image for several years and have never really sought out answers from others. I've googled a million things, but never turn up anything. I'm sure it has a very logical explanation, just don't have enough experience with light oddities or camera tricks to know.

Short story:

WAY back when I attended a super cool warehouse rave (and I was under the influence if that matters lol). There was some great DJs and live music and people were recording and taking pictures on their phones. I had someone I don't know come up to me and ask me if I knew what this was. I didn't know what to say, but asked for the photo. I held onto it for years because it looks cool. 

Anyone out there more experienced with spirituality/ metaphysical nature or even camera/ light tricks able to explain this one? 

Thanks in advance.  

Light Spirit Creature1.jpeg

Well Gakk-1023 first let me say welcome to the forum. The only thing I have ever seen that was very similar in its coloring, but not its shape occurred during a Thunder Storm in a Rice Field here in South Korea was Ball Lighting. I was sitting on our patio on the 11 floor which is located along side a mountain with Rice Fields coming up to it. Watching the Lightening when a blinding flash and a deafening clap of thunder occurred somewhere out of site to my extreme right.

Less than a minute later a spherical ball of light that was very similar in color to the image you provided came from the right into my line of sight. It started moving out into the Rice Field traveling just above recently planted Rice plants, it lasted for approximately minute. Then it seemed to explode or pop and then it disappeared in a another very bright flash of light, that made no noise! I was aware exactly what I was watching, but it was the first time I ever actually saw that phenomenon occur.  At the time it happened I did not have my camera handy, so I just sat there and watched!

Peace my friend, and again welcome to the forum!:tu:

Take Care. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well Gakk-1023 first let me say welcome to the forum. The only thing I have ever seen that was very similar in its coloring, but not its shape occurred during a Thunder Storm in a Rice Field here in South Korea was Ball Lighting. I was sitting on our patio on the 11 floor which is located along side a mountain with Rice Fields coming up to it. Watching the Lightening when a blinding flash and a deafening clap of thunder occurred somewhere out of site to my extreme right.

Less than a minute later a spherical ball of light that was very similar in color to the image you provided came from the right into my line of sight. It started moving out into the Rice Field traveling just above recently planted Rice plants, it lasted for approximately minute. Then it seemed to explode or pop and then it disappeared in a another very bright flash of light, that made no noise! I was aware exactly what I was watching, but it was the first time I ever actually saw that phenomenon occur.  At the time it happened I did not have my camera handy, so I just sat there and watched!

Take Care. 

Yeah, your thunder story make me think of something. It could be a static discharge because of all the dancing, amplified by an automated picture editing software.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jon the frog said:

Yeah, your thunder story make me think of something. It could be a static discharge because of all the dancing, amplified by an automated picture editing software.

Jon I don't know enough about the subject to properly comment, but thanks very much for quoting me and explaining what you think may have created effect, i do think you could be right in target!

Peace my friend!:tu:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Take Care. 

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

That's a very cool event. I've had some of those strange events happen too and have had no camera on hand. What an interesting place this planet is. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gakk1023 said:

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

That's a very cool event. I've had some of those strange events happen too and have had no camera on hand. What an interesting place this planet is. 

I agree, but the most the interesting thing to me is the vast and wonderful Universe we are part of is how lucky each of us are to just be here and alive, and to wake everyday to new experience, that my friend never ends no matter how old you are! So I have a simple philosophy, considering what I commented on above why not add to each others experince by being kind, friendly, and especially respectful of those we encounter. It costs nothing and the personal rewards we gain from it are certainly worth it. So when you encounter a new member here on the forum or other places welcome them, and pass on the way I treated you, thats the reward I am looking for along with making a new friend!!!!:tu:

Peace:tu:

It's small...  It's bright...  It's blue...  On my PapaSmurf1-ometer of weirdyness I rate this story:

68% laser light   22% ectoplasm   3.1% radioactive puke   16% a balloon that's just burst   14.93% real alien   15.03% hoax alien   27% smurf *

Papa Smurf - Wikipedia

And that's all fact because you read it on the internet.

* Actually now I've looked properly I should add about 24% wig or exploding yarmulke.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Gakk1023-

I have a pretty good idea what this might be based on personal experience and the conditions present when this picture was taken. These are what is known in the occult as "astral entities" or "Archons"; it appears there's an astral snake wrapped around you and an astral spider feeding on your crown chakra. The rave provided ideal conditions to call out to these beings to feed on its participants: drugs and lust. It could be the lasers interacted with or provided some environmental condition that illuminated the entities enough to be pictured. I'll warn you, contrary to appearances this isn't the most open-minded place for this discussion; above top secret is typically more friendly to "unconventional/paranormal" explanations and research. There are some interesting posts on this site regarding this phenomena here in the forum, mostly uninformed experiencers looking for explanations. I have a suspicion based on how this post has been categorized "psychic/metaphysical" you may already have a clue and are looking for additional answers. Astral entities are normally invisible to most people (sans ESP), I began a spiritual awakening process 13 years ago that initiated my awareness. I believe they radiate IR light when interacting with the material world, I first began to notice I was able to catch glimpses in my peripheral vision. I discovered later that humankind has the ability to detect non-visible IR light via our peripheral vision. Humans are multi-dimensional in nature, this was understood by many ancient civilizations. Our chakras are energy vortexes/micro-wormholes that connect our multi-naturedness. Certain substances (drugs, alcohol, etc.) and thinking (lust, anger, sadness, hate, etc.) causes our chakras to vibrate at a lower frequency that tunes into/attracts these entities to feed on our loosh/prana/orgone energy or soul energy. I'll make a suggestion for some reading if you are so inclined: "Invisible Master: The Puppeteers Hidden Power" by Leo Lyon Zagami. The disturbing nature of this phenomena as well as the elites complicity in hiding it while "serving up the commoners" for advantages/personal gain has been one of the biggest obstacles governments have faced in discussing this in an open way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NinoWhite301 said:

Gakk1023-

I have a pretty good idea what this might be based on personal experience and the conditions present when this picture was taken. These are what is known in the occult as "astral entities" or "Archons"; it appears there's an astral snake wrapped around you and an astral spider feeding on your crown chakra. The rave provided ideal conditions to call out to these beings to feed on its participants: drugs and lust. It could be the lasers interacted with or provided some environmental condition that illuminated the entities enough to be pictured. I'll warn you, contrary to appearances this isn't the most open-minded place for this discussion; above top secret is typically more friendly to "unconventional/paranormal" explanations and research. There are some interesting posts on this site regarding this phenomena here in the forum, mostly uninformed experiencers looking for explanations. I have a suspicion based on how this post has been categorized "psychic/metaphysical" you may already have a clue and are looking for additional answers. Astral entities are normally invisible to most people (sans ESP), I began a spiritual awakening process 13 years ago that initiated my awareness. I believe they radiate IR light when interacting with the material world, I first began to notice I was able to catch glimpses in my peripheral vision. I discovered later that humankind has the ability to detect non-visible IR light via our peripheral vision. Humans are multi-dimensional in nature, this was understood by many ancient civilizations. Our chakras are energy vortexes/micro-wormholes that connect our multi-naturedness. Certain substances (drugs, alcohol, etc.) and thinking (lust, anger, sadness, hate, etc.) causes our chakras to vibrate at a lower frequency that tunes into/attracts these entities to feed on our loosh/prana/orgone energy or soul energy. I'll make a suggestion for some reading if you are so inclined: "Invisible Master: The Puppeteers Hidden Power" by Leo Lyon Zagami. The disturbing nature of this phenomena as well as the elites complicity in hiding it while "serving up the commoners" for advantages/personal gain has been one of the biggest obstacles governments have faced in discussing this in an open way. 

Hi NinoWhite301,

Thank you for the information and input.

Part of me was kind of wondering if this was nothing in that nature, so yeah. That's why it was posted here. But at the same time, I'm super sceptical of most things; but I also keep an open mind. I wanted to send you a message to ask a couple of questions regarding this, but my account is too new. 

I'll definitely check out those resources for further education on the subject. Thank you again :) 

• Like 1

II'm pretty sure the blue 'snake' is just the effect of the guy dancing with a glow stick in his hand and swinging it back and forth round his body at great speed (acid makes you do that).

The head thing looks very much like a flickering laser effect that flits around the room rapidly. This one looks like it's emanating from the top right corner of the pic if the hue of blue is anything to go by.  Used to drive me bonkers them things. Or maybe that was the 'E's.

My guess is two different effects caught in one picture. Pretty cool.

Edited by Stiff
E kicked in.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The darker blue around the body makes me think that there was a blue laser that is hitting him on the other side causing a silouth like outfit. Like someone standing in front of a spotlight.

2 hours ago, Stiff said:

I'm pretty sure the blue 'snake' is just the effect of the guy dancing with a glow stick in his hand and swinging it back and forth round his body at great speed (acid makes you do that).

The head thing looks very much like a flickering laser effect that flits around the room rapidly. This one looks like it's emanating from the top right corner of the pic if the hue of blue is anything to go by.  Used to drive me bonkers them things. Or maybe that was the 'E's.

My guess is two different effects caught in one picture. Pretty cool.

Yep, that's a very good interpretation.  And it shows how having the EXIF would be handy - I'm guessing that this was in very low light, and the camera has used a long exposure, eg of 2-10 seconds, but has also fired the flash.  So you end up with a snapshot that the flash illuminated, superimposed over the time exposure during which the guy swung around his light sabre or whatever it was to create the arced path - you'll note it is 'broken' roughly where his neck and arm could have obscured it.  I'd say the other 'thing' above/on his head could be someone else's phone, being used to take a picture hence you can see the short bright flash trail + whatever was on the screen.

To Ninowhite - normally the category is chosen by the poster of the thread - UM staff only intervene when their attention is drawn to that.  And I would suggest that anyone TRULY "open-minded" who wanted to contribute to a photographic 'mystery', would first educate themselves about the relevant aspects of photography, and then consider all the known, menial, boring potential explanations, before leaping to a paranormal claim for which there is no evidence other than campfire stories.  And if you feel that this is an impolite response, read your own post back to yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Worked in clubs and played many raves and club nights and I think it's a moving blue or black light catching the inside of the lense. The thing on his head is not just on his head. It stretches out and is on the two girls either side. It may be reflecting then hitting the lense but that blue just makes me think lighting rig.
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for your contributions and comments. 

I honestly wasn't sure what to make of this image, but now I have several things to consider. It was definitely strange and I wanted to share it and see what others thought. 

I figured it could've just been some weird lighting effect or camera malfunction that I had not thought of. Nonetheless, I still think it's a pretty cool image.

Thanks again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the 1st time I've seen anything even close to what I saw in a Casino in Laughlin NV in 2014. Me and my Girlfriend  are standing back in the corner of this 120 year old hotel casino people watching.. not drinking, or anything else.. When out of nowhere whizzing past me in a flash was a ribbon of blue light. The thing is, the second I saw it shoot past me, waist high like a blue bed sheet it went straight into my Girlfriends leg, she grabbed her leg at that instant and said, "****! my leg just got like electrocuted! what the hell"..

She did not see it, but felt it.. I didnt feel it but saw it..It looked like the blue streak in this pic.. However, in this photo, you can see blue areas on the surrounding people and that turquoise looking anomaly seems to be the same color as the wall lights to the right.. This pic is so close to what I saw  in Laughlin its amazing, but the light blue monster on the head is not something we ran into.. 

33 minutes ago, brokenbutcher2016 said:

This is the 1st time I've seen anything even close to what I saw in a Casino in Laughlin NV in 2014. Me and my Girlfriend  are standing back in the corner of this 120 year old hotel casino people watching.. not drinking, or anything else.. When out of nowhere whizzing past me in a flash was a ribbon of blue light. The thing is, the second I saw it shoot past me, waist high like a blue bed sheet it went straight into my Girlfriends leg, she grabbed her leg at that instant and said, "****! my leg just got like electrocuted! what the hell"..

She did not see it, but felt it.. I didnt feel it but saw it..It looked like the blue streak in this pic.. However, in this photo, you can see blue areas on the surrounding people and that turquoise looking anomaly seems to be the same color as the wall lights to the right.. This pic is so close to what I saw  in Laughlin its amazing, but the light blue monster on the head is not something we ran into.. 

That reminds me of something that happened in the 80's.   I opened the dryer to get the clothes out and when I bent down to pull them out I felt something like an electric shock go through my head.  I stood up thinking there must be a short or something but my hands were covered in an electric blue light.  It was not like the photo posted here, it was more transient.   I held my hands up to look at them and there was an arc between them.   It lasted only a few minutes then everything seemed normal.

The really weird thing is that the next day I told my friend at work and he insisted I meet his wife because she had a similar event when in the yard playing with their kids.   She said she and the kids all had an electric blue light on their hands.  The kids played like it was a ball and they passed it back and forth for a few minutes.  At the time their kids were all under the age of 6.

Well there you go now we got demons hanging all over us sucking out our soul. Zoom in on the other people there it’s a glow necklace or something similar hit with a laser.

• 3 months later...

Years ago, my dad , sister and I went for a evening drive. We went up Bulverde Road north of San Antonio. I don't know if they saw it or not, but i saw this bluish light by  this bush, Was not  ball lightning or anything, but a bluish glow. Should have mentioned it but didn't. Was it supernatural maybe. The area had native americans  and settlers there, and  further up there was  a big stone mile maker from stage coach days ,  with the milage to Blanco etc. on it. This disappeared  when it made the news papers back in the late 1990s, early 2000.

Another time I saw something like this was my dad and I were driving Partnership Road out in the La Vernia area. We drove past this  old stone house from the 1850s to 1880s. At the corner of the house I saw the exact same  blue glow that I saw on Bulverde Road. Just kept it to myself. Now in this case the sun was going down, so maybe there was a bit of glass still in one of the windows not facing the road, and it was a trick of the light, but you never know.

• Like 1