Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covid in Scotland: Six cases of Omicron variant identified

johncbdg

On 11/29/2021 at 11:09 AM, Setton said:

Or it means they also recognise we don't know so are going to be cautious until they do know.

That'd be great if it weren't for the very real damage that's being caused to the global economy as well as the physical and mental health of the millions who are being told to stay home or that they can't work unless they submit to a procedure they don't trust.  All of this isn't happening in a vacuum.  If none of these downsides were in play then let these politicians commit political suicide.  But there ARE serious downsides.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2021 at 3:06 PM, Tatetopa said:

No panic, we just stop for  a moment and assess the situation, take appropriate action and get on with our lives.

Not seeing a lot of the bolded.  In fact, we're seeing the opposite and shutting down a state, basically, just in case a new variant that is so far, causing very mild disease and ZERO deaths should make its way here is simply not justified.  Millions of people all over the globe are sick of the overreach and overreaction of power-hungry politicians.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, and then said:

Not seeing a lot of the bolded.  In fact, we're seeing the opposite and shutting down a state, basically, just in case a new variant that is so far, causing very mild disease and ZERO deaths should make its way here is simply not justified.  Millions of people all over the globe are sick of the overreach and overreaction of power-hungry politicians.

Right now the health community says it will take about two weeks to analyze the variant and figure out if it is more or less contagious,  more or less deadly, and if the current vaccine will provide  adequate protection.  Pfizer says they can ,make a new vaccine in about 3 months if needed.  As far as I know, we have temporarily shut down air travel to 10 countries in Africa until test results are known.  I know of no business or organization that has shut down in the US. I certainly have not changed any of my daily activities nor has anyone else I come in contact with.   I am not involved in any of the medical efforts, so I just get on with my life.

You LIKE that ZERO.  You are correct so far. Let's hope it stays that way.  If that is the case, and the above questions are answered, then travel resumes.Its not costing any of us anything to take this precaution.  Unless people do start dying of it now, it doesn't seem like we will change any of our policies.  

Would you not be just as outraged if the power-hungry politicians did nothing?  Your favored media outlets would be telling you that proves the administration does not care for American citizens, just foreigners. You would be just as mad but for the opposite reason.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

However, when it comes to people putting out misinformation, disinformation, out right lies, or conspiracy theories I put them in their place by posting accurate, sceintific information based upon Peer reviewed article and Jounals. 

Well unfortchanately Diecheker you won the lottery today buddy:D, I really needed to decompress and down load all these feelings and I have because I did not want to do this with wife because she is currently feel as bad I do right now because of the death of mother, so the last thing I want to do was make her feel worst. Well It was the wrong day to quote me Diecheker,:lol: I hope I have not made yoyu feel uncomfortable, or that make it sound like any of this is in any way directed towards or at you because that is not true my friend. I know we had our days where we did get along and in most cases that was my fault not yours, in fact whenever I get into a heated discussion that turns into an arguement I always take the personal responsiblity for those actions, maybe not at the moment but, I always see my mistakes. Because by my spiritually ( Buddhism ) everything that occurs in our lives is notrhing but cause and effect nothing else.

So sincerly Peace to you, and I also sincerly hope you, your freinds and all members of your family are very healthy and very safe!!:tu:

Well, no you've not offended me. I'm usually pretty thick skinned.

Also I am sorry for your losses. Friends and loved ones are very precious. I've watched my wife's grandfather, who is in excellent health, bury about 2/3 of his friends in the lastvtwo years, but not all from Covid19.

But I'll still say that there's no good data on this variant yet. Few, or no, studies or journal articles. So those hyping it as the next apocalypse are actually the ones speaking in ignorance. 

Biden said it was a cause for concern, but not panic. Those spreading panic are the ones you should be scolding.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Biden said it was a cause for concern, but not panic. Those spreading panic are the ones you should be scolding.

Are we losing our ability to act on nuanced information?  Does it have to be either off or on, black or white, 0 or1   All digital?  Can't we process analog information where output depends on level of input?  A light with a dimmer switch for example.  Media seems to try to remove all  finer detail as being too confusing for us.  Or maybe it is not as good for selling commercials.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Well, no you've not offended me. I'm usually pretty thick skinned.

Also I am sorry for your losses. Friends and loved ones are very precious. I've watched my wife's grandfather, who is in excellent health, bury about 2/3 of his friends in the lastvtwo years, but not all from Covid19.

But I'll still say that there's no good data on this variant yet. Few, or no, studies or journal articles. So those hyping it as the next apocalypse are actually the ones speaking in ignorance. 

I appreciate that you took no offense to my comments, and I hope you understand that they were in no way directed at you. You just quoted me at the wrong time and became a sounding board for a great deal of pent up stress. I never said there was any reason for panic, however over the last 2 months approximately 6 new mutations have occur. So we are very lucky that only a single mutation was given a VOX rating.

I also agree that it will take weeks or possibly even longer to truly sort out how serious this mutation is, hopefully it turns out to be nothing. But the real sign of the status of the mutation will become obvious, like all mutations that have become more serious.  It will be that in the areas where the new Mutation is occurring the Delta Mutation will start to decline in the number of new cases that come out in daily reports. These mutations do not destroy other mutations they actually just over power them and incorporate the most effective features of the other mutation and  and continue to carry on until the next a new mutation over powers them.

The reason they add a VOX rating to some mutations and not others is because of the location where the mutation has taken place and again in this situation it has effected the Spike Protein, and to date when that occurs there have problems. I also agree with you about spreading panic, but here is more to it than just that. There are actually 3 ways to address this like you said to spread panic, but telling people there is not a threat is just as bad, so in reality the place to be on the subject is natural and to to sit back and see what takes place. Last, again if feel I was directing my previous comments at you personally I apologize that was not my intention.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, and then said:

So far?  NONE...

I also just caught this but I'm sure our Oberfuhrer of propaganda will tell us it's unacceptable ;)   Is it just me, or has the arrogance become ridiculous?

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/coronavirus/1638266570-israeli-immunologist-omicron-might-be-light-at-end-of-tunnel

Maybe someday it will occur to him and others that the sources they use to "police" everyone else's speech just MIGHT themselves be untrustworthy.  Until then, it's a great gig to be able to ignore and or mock every source you disagree with because you have some sort of "unbiased database" that cannot under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be questioned.  After all, they have that dandy little "blue check" insignia.  :lol:  This in an age where EVERYTHING is politicized AND most of the media leans Left and denies the validity of anything but their own opinions.  It's a childish, ridiculous sort of game but some here love to play it.  I think it makes them a little stressed to have anyone disagree with them.  

Repressive info mavens aside, this article actually offers some potential hope and has the added benefit of not only coming from a country that has been at the forefront of battling the pandemic, it's also very logical.

And then, thanks for calling me a Nazi, I am truly unoffended by your comments so please continue to make light of things.:lol: I did not talk about a source of information when I fact check that link, what I actually said was that you have not even presented a real source of information yet. 

So please continue, and don't worry to much, the thing I can't really figure out is what your frightened about, you should be safe no matter how bad this mutation may end being, so long as you don't change that shirt you have been wearing for the last 12 month with that Big Red S on the front of it:lol:

Peace  

Now the FDA have been ordered by the courts to release information at a rate of 500 documents per month relating to Pfizer jab.

And the early reports from the first 30-40 pages are:

1227 deaths by Feb 2021

23 cases of instantaneous abortions out of 270 pregnancies.

Problems being passed on via lactation.

Tens of thousands of adverse events reported.

More than 2,000 reports of cardiac disorders

Only "above mild" cases being reported.

More to follow as the documents are released....

Check it out on phmpt.org

Meantime, CDC investigating nearly 800 cases of rare heart problems following jabs.

(NY Times)

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2021 at 11:16 AM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Now the FDA have been ordered by the courts to release information at a rate of 500 documents per month relating to Pfizer jab.

And the early reports from the first 30-40 pages are:

1227 deaths by Feb 2021

23 cases of instantaneous abortions out of 270 pregnancies.

Problems being passed on via lactation.

Tens of thousands of adverse events reported.

More than 2,000 reports of cardiac disorders

Only "above mild" cases being reported.

More to follow as the documents are released....

Check it out on phmpt.org

Meantime, CDC investigating nearly 800 cases of rare heart problems following jabs.

(NY Times)

There. You all see? Perfectly safe, just like the Administration experts told us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

There. You all see? Perfectly safe, just like the Administration experts told us.

Has the Court ruled on the FOIA case yet?

I can't find the released documents on that site, can you?

47 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Has the Court ruled on the FOIA case yet?

I can't find the released documents on that site, can you?

Might be too soon for them to have been released and then published on internet?

13 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Might be too soon for them to have been released and then published on internet?

The Court hasn't ruled.  As far as I can tell it is set for mid December.

• Like 1