Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever had a dream that was so odd you were disturbed?

ZOXS

The people were humanoid but there faces were different than a normal person. Weird expressions and skin texture was off (kinda wrinkled and rough).

In the dream I was going up a flight of stairs in a tower. It felt like I was going to work in the dream because I had fancy attire and many others did too. On the staircase there was a platform where a guy was selling newspapers but the date was fuzzed out (which I found odd), I can’t remember what the newspaper said but I only looked at it for a few moments as I took one and made my way back down.

At the bottom, all these weird looking people started to stare at me and then they started moving towards me. They started moving faster and I was surrounded. Then dream went black (that happens often for my dreams)

Maybe not the weirdest dream but one I haven’t forgot.

Edited by ZOXS
  • Like 4

yes

It has been suavizar and strange and bunkers and didn't even get posted on any forum because it was so silly but I'm not spirit it is Spirit In Dreams trying to tell us some things it's important it is

• Like 1

I recently had a dream of my best friend, who passed almost 5 years ago.  She was in the present day and I and another friend were trying to warn her of what was going to happen on Dec. 21st (2 days before she passed), but she wouldn't listen to us.   I've never had a dream like that before.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I recently had a dream of my best friend, who passed almost 5 years ago.  She was in the present day and I and another friend were trying to warn her of what was going to happen on Dec. 21st (2 days before she passed), but she wouldn't listen to us.   I've never had a dream like that before.  

I have.  My dead friends and relatives are in my dreams too often.  One time I was trying to warn Jimi Hendrix about his fate but he wouldn't listen to me either.  For people that I actually know I don't realize they are dead until I wake up.  There was a one time exception which I'm not sure was entirely a dream but that's too long to tell here.

• Like 2

I have had some really messed up dreams, one where I was trying to protect my daughter and shot white light out of my hands to kill the attackers.  Lately I have had a repeating them of the world in chaos and trying to keep my family and friends together to get to somewhere safe. 

• Like 5

I have very very disturbing dreams at times. I once was having an conversation about dreams with an old-coworker, i told her about a recent (at the time) dream I had had, she looked at me and said " Why the **** would you dream that" and kinda steered clear of me for awhile. It was an extremely bloody graphic horror type dream

• Like 5

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

One time I was trying to warn Jimi Hendrix about his fate but he wouldn't listen to me either.

Did you say to Jimi.....Hey, Joe you better run on down, goodbye everybody, hey, hey, Joe..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've had a lot of chapel of rest rooms in a funeral one I have but I never went in the funeral home care and had a school friends and so-called family put me off off because he emotional blackmail me to do what they wanted I like the fact I Once Was him in I have left them in

I've had dreams that I've had hands coming out from Greystones Derby my leg stabbing my leg

Some is so silly the summer my friend is so silly I don't know that posted anywhere because they are bunkers and silly

And we're wondering my had a long time ago and it still haunts me now but I was getting chased by an ex couple annexe Cup try this kill all people escaped convicts from Jill prison I've never ever been in prison in real life only in drains

Some drains are so bizarre it's hard to believe that but I'm not expert it is spirit trying to tell me something important all dreams is spirit trying to tell us something important be careful of certain people which I will let now I think they've done I've always done that

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dream jo said:

It has been suavizar and strange and bunkers and didn't even get posted on any forum because it was so silly but I'm not spirit it is Spirit In Dreams trying to tell us some things it's important it is

Jo, do you have a connection with Spain or Portugal? It seems strange and bonkers that you would randomly put 'suavizar' into that sentence.

• Like 1

I have had more weird dreams than I can count. I read a lot of Science Fiction and Horror so I don't think it is odd that my dreams often have strange twists.

I think the one that was the more touching to me was one where there was a knock on my front door. When I opened it, it was my Mom and Dad. I was so thrilled to see them and we sat down in the living-room and I filled them in on my life. I even called my Daughter so she could come and see them. Now, I knew that they had been dead for almost 20 years but I was afraid that if I asked them about it that they would disappear or leave. It was a very odd experience. I woke up before my daughter got there in the dream. When I awoke I was a little sad but mostly had a feeling of comfort and mostly remembered all the good things that they had given me in their life. It was a good dream but through the entire time I was waiting for a kicker where it would turn bad.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

I have.  My dead friends and relatives are in my dreams too often.  One time I was trying to warn Jimi Hendrix about his fate but he wouldn't listen to me either.  For people that I actually know I don't realize they are dead until I wake up.  There was a one time exception which I'm not sure was entirely a dream but that's too long to tell here.

I rarely dream of those who have passed, there have only been 3 people who I have dreamed about right after they passed, and they were the closest to my heart.   My dad, my friend's mom (who was like another mom to me), and my best friend.  Each dream they came to my side of the bed at my home ( my dad I dreamed about at while I was staying at his childhood home )  and told me that they were at peace.   

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2021 at 12:31 PM, OverSword said:

To hell it is. Ya can’t dangle that one in front of us then walk away. Do tell …

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

To hell it is. Ya can’t dangle that one in front of us then walk away. Do tell …

Okay.  An Uncle had recently died, thrown from his car as it rolled over.  In the dream I was walking through some woods, it was dark and there was a strong wind blowing.  I came upon a clearing and there was my Uncle building a small house.  A frame was finished made of 2x4's and he was nailing up visqueen as walls.  He was very frantic and and seemed confused, telling me he had to hurry before the storm got here.  I saw my Grandmother watching him and I went to stand next to her.  I asked her why he was doing that and said he's dead.  And she told me that Yes, but we aren't allowed to tell him that he has to figure it out himself.  Then I woke up.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Okay.  An Uncle had recently died, thrown from his car as it rolled over.  In the dream I was walking through some woods, it was dark and there was a strong wind blowing.  I came upon a clearing and there was my Uncle building a small house.  A frame was finished made of 2x4's and he was nailing up visqueen as walls.  He was very frantic and and seemed confused, telling me he had to hurry before the storm got here.  I saw my Grandmother watching him and I went to stand next to her.  I asked her why he was doing that and said he's dead.  And she told me that Yes, but we aren't allowed to tell him that he has to figure it out himself.  Then I woke up.

Oh wow, that’s heavy. I think I’d question that too. Thanks for sharing 

• Like 4

Drwams that "Disturbed" ?

Ive had pretty much a lifetime of sleep issues im not too fond of those little slices of death with a movie tossed in, i seldom get sleepy i just get so overtired exhausted i cant see straight or function and know its time to crash,

I work fri sat nights at the club im on the mix 6 plus hours no breaks so by the time i get home my brain is spent.

In the last year perhaps 2 i get very dreamy bad dreams most times nothing too horrifying but still nightmares and several times a week i wake in a free floating terror far worse than any dream i may recall i have to fight off panic attacks and let it pass as i come to,

Many times i will think im not breathing etc it seems different worse if im sick which i have been a lot the last year,

So i will say sleep distrubs me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Every so often i have a re-occurring dream of being chased by a slow-moving 6ft tall severed head. 

• Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 4:45 AM, the13bats said:

Drwams that "Disturbed" ?

Ive had pretty much a lifetime of sleep issues im not too fond of those little slices of death with a movie tossed in, i seldom get sleepy i just get so overtired exhausted i cant see straight or function and know its time to crash,

I work fri sat nights at the club im on the mix 6 plus hours no breaks so by the time i get home my brain is spent.

In the last year perhaps 2 i get very dreamy bad dreams most times nothing too horrifying but still nightmares and several times a week i wake in a free floating terror far worse than any dream i may recall i have to fight off panic attacks and let it pass as i come to,

Many times i will think im not breathing etc it seems different worse if im sick which i have been a lot the last year,

So i will say sleep distrubs me.

No one asked me, but, I will tell you what I think about your post anyway.  If you think you are not breathing in your sleep, you may be correct...If sleep disturbs you, perhaps you should see a sleep therapist if you haven't already.  They can monitor all kinds of things while you sleep...your pulse, heart beat, breathing, etc.  And you don't even have to go to a 'sleep center'.  They can also diagnose sleep apnea or other disorders.  My wife had a devise her doctor gave her.  It monitored everything.  That lack of breathing while sleeping is very concerning to me.  Just my thoughts sir! :)

• Like 4

Thanks joc,

My wife who happens to be a PhD in applied psychology keeps tabs on it, i guess i might of confused my post, in reality im breathing but i dream or think im not and go into panic night terror mode, i can see how some people could think demons or aliens or whatever attack them in their sleep,

Its a weird area between dream and awake i get lost in, very hellraiser silent hill whats reality or not type ****.

Tina was concerned that i stop breathing and that causes it but she doesnt think so at the moment,

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Thanks joc,

My wife who happens to be a PhD in applied psychology keeps tabs on it, i guess i might of confused my post, in reality im breathing but i dream or think im not and go into panic night terror mode, i can see how some people could think demons or aliens or whatever attack them in their sleep,

Its a weird area between dream and awake i get lost in, very hellraiser silent hill whats reality or not type ****.

Tina was concerned that i stop breathing and that causes it but she doesnt think so at the moment,

You sure you don't have sleep apnea? I get the same thing, accept I'm really not breathing, and my body freaks out. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You sure you don't have sleep apnea? I get the same thing, accept I'm really not breathing, and my body freaks out. 

No, im not sure but my wife doesnt think so at the moment,

The thing is i am breathing, lets go back to "sleep" dreaming and the stages or layers, most times i know im dreaming, i can sometimes control to some degree the dream not always,

Then there are a small persent of the time i do not know im dreaming, very deep sleep and i will start to drift into i guess a more awake state and think im using the term "think" im not beathing or more specific not getting any air in which isnt the case i am breathing,

Me and my wife many times keep different schedules and she had several times watched these episodes and said i wasnt gasping or hadnt stopped breathing,

I think its a brain mind game not reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

No, im not sure but my wife doesnt think so at the moment,

The thing is i am breathing, lets go back to "sleep" dreaming and the stages or layers, most times i know im dreaming, i can sometimes control to some degree the dream not always,

Then there are a small persent of the time i do not know im dreaming, very deep sleep and i will start to drift into i guess a more awake state and think im using the term "think" im not beathing or more specific not getting any air in which isnt the case i am breathing,

Me and my wife many times keep different schedules and she had several times watched these episodes and said i wasnt gasping or hadnt stopped breathing,

I think its a brain mind game not reality.

Well....the brain doesn't play mind games...ask your wife!  lol

Maybe just...you know...get a physical, have some blood work done...just a thought...okay I'm done.  

• Confused 1

i used to suffer from terrible nightmare/horrors a reoccurring one was i was in a place that was deathly quiet,still and every thing was"clinically white"if that make sense and very,very square it always ended with me shut in a tiny room i always shout for help but no words or noise would come out,at least not in the dream but my shouting always woke mrs matt up ..........thankfully  i haven't had this particular occurrence for sometime i don't miss it

• Like 1

I've had some really, really odd dreams. A few I guess could qualify as disturbing.

The thing is very soon after I wake up I realize I was dreaming. Pretty much in a few seconds. I have never sat straight up or jumped out of bed. Never been profusely sweating or panting with fear or overly emotional when waking up.

One time, twenty plus years ago when I was in high school, I had a dream that a guy from high school found a huge bundle of marijuana on the beach. It was all wrapped up in cellophane. About twelve shoebox sized. Two by three double stacked. He told me he was going to call the cops. I said no way and asked if I could have it. Next thing I remember, I was in my room putting it under my bed.

When I woke up, first thing I did was roll over to look under my bed. I was confused for a few seconds because it wasn't there. But as I said, within a very short time I knew it was just a dream. Dammit.

That was the last time I remember actually thinking a dream was reality. If only for a minute. 

I've dreamt of dead friends and family. Never anything super important or profound. Upon waking, I didn't think that maybe they were still alive. I knew they were gone pretty much immediately and that I had been dreaming. 

• Like 1