Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever had a dream that was so odd you were disturbed?

ZOXS

On 2/18/2022 at 9:56 PM, joc said:

Well....the brain doesn't play mind games...ask your wife!  lol

Maybe just...you know...get a physical, have some blood work done...just a thought...okay I'm done.  

Perhaps you not liking the way i worded it,

My wife said the brain does play tricks on us like delusions etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I had one last night toxic psychotic friends I do not leave no more in my dream they were in my dream and a dead body of somebody being murdered by the psychotic father because here what poison and toxic like in Andrea life as well they were I keep away from toxic people because they give off toxic I don't need I like good people in my life I do

Had a clown dream the other night. Long story short I got chased around a grocery store by this huge guy in a clown get up. He had what looked like a kitchen knife accept really big. Like in a cartoon. I was constantly going between fight and flight as he chased me all over the store. 

That took a few minutes to shake off. 

Edited by preacherman76

After I got my first Covid-19 shot I dreamed I was sexually molested  in my kitchen by a giant female ant (bit*h didn't even make me a sandwich after:cry:).  I'd love to hear the roast-by-way-of-psychological-analysis you amateur Freudians would make of that :lol:.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 3

Again not really a dream but horribly disturbing sleep issues,

I havent been sleeping well for a while now, i get overtired not sleepy sat was a big crowd work ran long we came in later from the club than normal and when i wound down and fell asleep i dont recall dreaming just dead deep sleep.

I startle awake but more groggy and still more out than in, i saw and felt my right hand was bright glowing white ( imagination/ dream ) and was the most dead asleep its ever been, reality.

I started slamming my hand i was in panic and yelled at a sleeping tina was i okay was i dead, i wanted my hand to come back i was far more asleep than awake and it took me a good 30 mins to wake enough to crash back out, really sucks. Been okay since then.

Back in 2005 I had a dream my husband and I were driving along the highway when a plane came down in front of us crossing across the lanes. Then in my dream it skidded across and ultimately crashing into a building and bursting into flames. When I woke up I was telling my husband how awful my dream was , but I didn't really think much more about it because it was just a dream. 

Soon after I had to run an errand and came back home and I made some breakfast and turned on the morning news. They interrupted with a story that corporate jet careened off the runway during takeoff from Teterboro Airport skidding across rush hour traffic and crashing into warehouse and burst into flames. The incident happened about an hour after I woke up. I was so freaked out I called my husband . I'm sure it was just a weird coincidence but it's something I will never forget. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Amaryllis said:

Back in 2005 I had a dream my husband and I were driving along the highway when a plane came down in front of us crossing across the lanes. Then in my dream it skidded across and ultimately crashing into a building and bursting into flames. When I woke up I was telling my husband how awful my dream was , but I didn't really think much more about it because it was just a dream. 

Soon after I had to run an errand and came back home and I made some breakfast and turned on the morning news. They interrupted with a story that corporate jet careened off the runway during takeoff from Teterboro Airport skidding across rush hour traffic and crashing into warehouse and burst into flames. The incident happened about an hour after I woke up. I was so freaked out I called my husband . I'm sure it was just a weird coincidence but it's something I will never forget. 

Hows that a coincidence?

Im curious if you didnt prime or salt your husband and asked him if he recalled your airplace crashing dream that upset you what would he recall.

Not sure what you mean prime and salt , but of course it was very upsetting to both of us . We remember it clearly to this day. 

1 hour ago, Amaryllis said:

Not sure what you mean prime and salt , but of course it was very upsetting to both of us . We remember it clearly to this day. 

My bedside manners suck, forgive me.

Dreams are not stories in our brains they are bits and pieces the brain tries to make sense of.

They fade in details quickly and change over time memory is failable, many times a person will hear of something happening and think they dreamed it in the past when they didnt or at least not in that much detail and matching events,

A plane on a highway hitting a building is rather specific when you said at the time you shared it with husband it was just a dream so you didnt think much of it.

I wasnt sure if you ran your errands came home heard of a plane accident matching you dream that very day or later but you then call husband to tell him about it.

Its too late now because you likely brought it up to him again but i was curious if his memory of it would really match yours which now you will say it does, not meaning that to sound like a jerk but it seems how thibgs work in these type cases.

But yeah it was pretty darn wild and just imagine had the plane crossed your road while running the errands.

It happened all the back to 2005 but a few months ago we were walking to our car at Target. There's a small airport near by and a private jet was coming in for landing and it pretty low. My husband brought up the dream and I was just like Yeah, I don't even want to go there!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Many. I'm 25 now but I remember a lot of dreams vividly from throughout my teen years. They all involve torture, tragedy and death. On a related note, I think there may be something wrong with me.

9 hours ago, dorothyramey said:

Many. I'm 25 now but I remember a lot of dreams vividly from throughout my teen years. They all involve torture, tragedy and death. On a related note, I think there may be something wrong with me.

Care to share?  ...why you think there may be something wrong with you...  No worries if you don't.  :)

I'm already disturbed and have odd dreams. :yes:

• Like 2

A few weeks ago I had two nights of bad, memorable dreams.  They were totally out of character for the usual dreams I have.  In one, I was worried about a bunch of bodies being discovered because I had killed several people!  NEVER have I ever thought of killing anyone intentionally who wasn't trying to kill me or my family.

The other dream was of being in an unfamiliar place and knowing a nuclear explosion was going to occur.  Those were the only two but for a couple of weeks I couldn't shake the anxiety they both caused me.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 3:15 AM, Alchopwn said:

After I got my first Covid-19 shot I dreamed I was sexually molested  in my kitchen by a giant female ant (bit*h didn't even make me a sandwich after:cry:).  I'd love to hear the roast-by-way-of-psychological-analysis you amateur Freudians would make of that :lol:.

What were you wearing?  hmm?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, quiXilver said:

What were you wearing?  hmm?

Pyjamas I think.  Too provocative?  Honestly I am pretty sexy for an overweight 60y/o male.

• Haha 2

Just had a dream this past week of the best friend at work who passed.   In the dream, we were at a gathering with others we knew.  I saw her, smiling and talking but in the dream I knew I wouldn't see her again.   I walked up to her and gave her a hug, told her how beautiful she looked and how much I loved her.   Then I woke up.   Relaying the dream to a coworker, she suggested that because we've all been stressed at work, this is my coping mechanism, that my best friend was someone I could always talk to about anything in my life.  

• Like 1

I know I have had a few dreams where I would of the Mafia been after me I have because I've been going back on them on website I've been on and on and I've got them down in my diary recently and I got back to about 7 years ago mafia after me mafia try to kill me mafia making me things I don't know what to do

I also had a weird dream. It felt so real that It was very disturbing for me.

I dreamt I was somewhere, I dont know. A town of sort, I had a gray suit, and a paper bill in my hand, it was very important. Two men of arab descent pass me by while arguing loudly in their native language, behind them a elder lady with a small dog. Im in a boulevard with lots of trees, moderate traffic, I can feel the sun on my face. There is a bank Im headed to, its on the other side of the street. I have to cross over. We are sometime in the early 80s, fun fact.I was born in the 90s. Anyways, I was in a hurry. I had to cross over and pay whatever was on that bill. I was held back by a convoy of six trucks passing by two IVECO TURBO something carrying loads of cars in their trailer. A young blond long haired smoking guy next to me expressed loudly his love for these trucks...I love all these cars, he said, what a sight. The four other trucks was carrying instead some huge blue containers with a snowflake as logo and ' INTERFRIGO ' right below...finally they drove away, and I was sprinting to the other side.

Then I woke up in my bed, still feeling the bill in my hand and the urge to hurry I was quite annoyed I could pay it on time, I was quite angry matter of fact....It toke me some time to understand it was just a dream. 

Never had such a vivid dream, so weird. I remember my left shoe was uncomfortable because it was a bit lose, having the feeling I was about to lose my shoe every time I toke a step. So vivid...incredible :lol:

I've had a lot of mafia dreams from the are English and Matthew American Mafia the Jewish Mafia even the Amish Mafia after me in dreams even though Russia Matthew the Russia mafia after me in dreams

I have had dreams of the mafia have I dreamt of a Matthew on TV shows after me I have and a mafia scares me even more I like gangster mafia films I do silly and

• 4 weeks later...

I have a rich dream life, with recurring places, sometimes full movie plots, lots of dream cliches, and I remember dreams I had as a child til now vividly. I had someone give me a recurring bad dream. I lucid dream, so when I say bad, its stressful but not a full on nightmare, those I only have coming out of anesthesia. My sister described a recurring nightmare where she was in charge of lots of animals, imagine like a hoarder animal situation and she would try to keep the animals fed and watered and clean but they'd die anyway. After she described the dream she stopped having it and now I've been stuck with it every so often for 30 years. Luckily lucid dreaming I change it and keep the animals alive but just. Stress dreams have been my norm since Covid and a cancer diagnosis but they're getting better. 

I dreamt someone slashe my neck open with an axe and I felt the blood rushing out of me. Safe to say I promptly woke up

• Like 2

My most disturbing dreams usually revolve around my children and not being able to save/rescue them.