Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Problem with posting some updates/ replies

acute

@Saru I just can't figure this one out.

The problem started when I tried to post a second reply to Orphalesian's "VPN" status update.  If I try to post it in a reply, I get "Internal server error". If I try to post it in my own separate update, it hangs on "Updating...", then the "site can't be reached" for a while.

Here's the original offending text:

With a VPN, you need to select the country you want to appear to be located in.

For example..... If you want to watch regional content from the USA, choose a location in the USA.

Selecting 'Germany' will always give you content already available to you in Germany.

Could there have been some sort of weird formatting in the original update when you were submitting it ?

39 minutes ago, Saru said:

Could there have been some sort of weird formatting in the original update when you were submitting it ?

Originally, the word "appear" was in bold, but I unbolded it when it wouldn't post.

I've just copied the text again, from this thread, and had the "Internal server error" again.  Are you able to post it in a status reply?

8 minutes ago, zep73 said:

@acute perhaps he deleted it before you clicked submit?

I couldn't post it in any update or reply to an update, and I still can't.

10 minutes ago, acute said:

I couldn't post it in any update or reply to an update, and I still can't.

I have the answer - certain strings in your update are inadvertently triggering the server security software which is responding by blocking the post submission request.

It's very rare that this happens, but on the plus side - our server security is working. :P

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Saru said:

It's very rare that this happens, but on the plus side - our server security is working. :P

If it hasn't happened before, maybe it won't happen again. :tsu:

4 minutes ago, acute said:

If it hasn't happened before, maybe it won't happen again. :tsu:

It's kind of a "once in a blue moon" kind of thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Saru said:

It's kind of a "once in a blue moon" kind of thing.

Fingers crossed!

Thank you for your sleuthing, anyway. B)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saru said:

I have the answer - certain strings in your update are inadvertently triggering the server security software which is responding by blocking the post submission request.

I understand.. What you are saying is @acute is a Russian spy, trying to hack UM, in the hope of finding out what ice cream flavours members like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3