Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't use the word 'looting', experts in US media warn

OverSword

23 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My thought is why are we middle-road types allowing the far-left to bully us even in language.

Ha who says we are? Ignore them. Call it what you want. They play semantics with word games and treat it as a bigger deal than the actions they're trying to define or redefine. They're total looney tunes. I'm sure many here have heard of the pedophile professor recently? This piece of work doesn't appreciate the stigma attached to the word pedophile and asks that we refer to them as "minor attracted". Guess what? There should be a stigma attached to words and those who fit them. Pedos deserve a scarlet letter branded on their foreheads. The whole premise of these word games is toxic. Don't succumb. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Ha who says we are? Ignore them. Call it what you want. They play semantics with word games and treat it as a bigger deal than the actions they're trying to define or redefine. They're total looney tunes. I'm sure many here have heard of the pedophile professor recently? This piece of work doesn't appreciate the stigma attached to the word pedophile and asks that we refer to them as "minor attracted". Guess what? There should be a stigma attached to words and those who fit them. Pedos deserve a scarlet letter branded on their foreheads. The whole premise of these word games is toxic. Don't succumb. 

I’m getting the idea we haven’t succumbed. It’s just that the mainstream liberal media dominates what we see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

These guys near me walked into a mall beauty store carrying bags and walked out with $20,000 worth of merchandise. They did it in 40 seconds. Smash and grabs around here are happening to cars in lots.

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/lehighvalley/an-estimated-20k-worth-of-merchandise-stolen-from-ulta-beauty-store-in-lower-macungie-state/article_056f9502-5227-11ec-8798-f3ea3e40c353.html

• Like 2

I think the whole idea of these Woke Word Games is ridiculous. Words are words. And some can be hurtful, but this is just like the idiots who go deep digging to find things to be offended about.

Is a word that offends only one person offensive? Should a word be "canceled", not based on how it is supposed to be, and actually is, used, or... on how some lone virtue signaller self defines the word?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I actually agree with Psaki. What I have personally experienced is living in a city peacefully for years, then as soon as the pandemic happens everyone sees it as an opportunity to break the peace. It is a juvenile reaction that was just waiting to happen. Banks were shutting down and people were just walking in and taking things out of the safety deposit boxes and walking out. The banks were supposed to alert their customers that they were leaving the area, but didn't always do so. This was barely reported on the news, you would have to be there.

Pandemic

Pandemonium

Pan-Deimos

25 minutes ago, The_Phantom_Stranger said:

I actually agree with Psaki. What I have personally experienced is living in a city peacefully for years, then as soon as the pandemic happens everyone sees it as an opportunity to break the peace. It is a juvenile reaction that was just waiting to happen. Banks were shutting down and people were just walking in and taking things out of the safety deposit boxes and walking out. The banks were supposed to alert their customers that they were leaving the area, but didn't always do so. This was barely reported on the news, you would have to be there.

Pandemic

Pandemonium

Pan-Deimos

Oh, you can use anything as an excuse to loot, but that's all it is, an excuse. People with no moral fibre.

We had 'race riots' in the UK after some low life 'gangsta' got shot by the police a few years ago....as soon as the police retreated the looting started, so much for a principled stand against 'police brutality', just an excuse to load up with a new 50 inch t.v. & Nike trainers. The MSM fell for it though.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5

Looters, thugs, criminals, low-life's or whatever else you want to call them is fine with me.

• Like 4

Finally Biden Administration says something rational about these organized theft gangs.

Fox News: Psaki breaks with AOC, Lightfoot on smash-and-grab robberies: 'We don't agree'.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psaki-aoc-lightfoot-smash-grab-robberies?cmpid=prn_newsstand

On 12/3/2021 at 6:13 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

MSM fell for it though.

No, they incited it then supported it. 

• Like 1