Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meditation

PsiSeeker

I feel for the modern western mind the first serious state of implore that must occur and one must investigate whilst in the state called Pratyahara (free to think whatever one is thinking) is whether or not one is bull****ting oneself and what precisely it is that one is about.  The western mind has not got past, intellectually, lexically, the state called Pranayama, and its variants.  Pranayama is, essentially, mindfulness, which includes nothing of the mind and is NOT a part of the mental facets of meditations.  It is simply the practice of being even keeled and at rest.   Marvelous discovery it is when one expects supposed contentment at absolute even emotional and mood state practicing mindfulness that the state is permeated by joy!  One of the primordial states, some others are thirst, lust, hunger and so forth.  The entire point of mindfulness is to cause a state of being that is in flux unchanging!  Asana is the teaching of mental over tangible.  When has mastered Asana when one moves when discomforted without missing a beat of one's state of concentration when switching back to it!

The purpose of this post is to share and to think, myself, regarding the marvel of meditation.  It has successfully lifted anxiety in 5 minutes of engagement and depression in 4 hours of engagement.  That these results will come to another is unknown.  I will stipulate also that when I say meditation what I mean is the active action called Samyama.  Meditation isn't the finale, Samadhi is, however maintaining Samadhi indefinitely as a thing of action is, I believe, almost impossible.  When one begins at first to practice meditation one naturally goes through all of the states, Dhyana, Samadhi and Dharana, but with blind intellectual ignorance.

Here are some insights, things to think about.

The thing that one is meditating on ISN'T The Point.  The Point is the action of one's doing, concentrating.  What one concentrates on, or the throes of subject matter of one's point of concentration, is irrelevant, only the intense power and development to concentrate is the point.  In Dhyana what one is concentrating on is made extremely immersive and interesting, and one can focus on all the various elements of one's focus and its relation to oneself, but once more, the point isn't the subject matter material insight realisation truth and development one feels one is undergoing.  It is simply the development of the skill to cause to come about natural focus, attention, immersion, drive and motivation.  One can become confused by the object and all the revelation but don't!  The purpose is the knack or producing powerful desirous drive.

Finally there is Samadhi.  A state that is superconscious.  The point of Samadhi, which is the contemplation of ALL as it pertains directly to you, is AWAKENING.  Awakening is a **** feeling when in reality.  One wants to go back to the state of, seeming, blind contemplation, but no, the point is to awaken.  It is sudden, and once one has awaken one can sit in Pratyahara and think whatever one is thinking for a bit, before recommending in Dharana and following through with Samadhi.

The final result of meditative practice, I feel, is a conglomeration of skills acquired with each stage of practice.  To think freely under will is impossible.  To concentrate on a thing when one doesn't want to is slavery and torture.  To become immersed and lost in fantasy is psychosis inducing, to contemplate deeply without awakening to reality is to be without freedom.  All the states we normally experience, the positive, but under one's command!

• Like 2