Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Today’s Psychic Experience

Rascal01

Provided FYI.

Today (11/29/21) the dealership servicing my car said I’d need a rental and they would cover the cost.  The service manager hooked me up and a young fellow showed up with my rental car, a compact black Ford, and took me to his office to do the electronic paperwork.  “Take a seat” the manager said.  My black Ford went to another customer.  When I first sat in the Ford I kinda knew this wasn’t going to be my rental car but no big deal.

I sat down and after a minute or two I zoned out.  In my mind’s eye I saw a dark red, more like crimson, sports car looking automobile sitting in the deepening dusk.  It was daylight - late afternoon - when I got that mental picture.  I sat while other customers were served and the staff dilly-dallied around getting me out of the black Ford and into something else.

We went outside and there sat my mental image from 45 minutes earlier.  It was a deep candy-apple red Dodge Charger, the very image of what I saw.  It sat in the darkening shadows of descending dusk.  The speedometer topped out at 140 MPH.

I have no idea how this works.  I get images or knowledge, information or understanding from who knows where.  Call it knowing.  Call it knowledge.  It just appears in my mind.  It is 98% involuntary.  Sometimes it is meaningless, other times significant.  If I would have sat in that chair and tried to learn what kind of car I would get I could be there for 20 years still not be successful.

It just happens.  Not as often now that I’ve attained geezer status,   But I’ll take what I can get.

I’m offering this up because some people are curious as to how psychic stuff works.  I inherited mine from my mother.  I have 2 or 3 percent of what she had.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I do believe as you suggest the capacity for psychic function is an inheritable thing. But don't go 140 MPH please, LOL.

• Like 2

Hi @Rascal01, are you sure you didn’t just see the Charger earlier?

Also 140mph is pretty common for speedometers to top out at; and by the way you’ve written your post it seems that you’re relatively familiar with cars/a bit of a ‘car guy/gal’.

I’m a sceptic and playing devil’s advocate; but it’s more than likely coincidence/confirmation bias than anything psychic.

Also if you live near the dealership you may have seen the Charger around before etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I do believe as you suggest the capacity for psychic function is an inheritable thing. But don't go 140 MPH please, LOL.

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Hi @Rascal01, are you sure you didn’t just see the Charger earlier?

Also 140mph is pretty common for speedometers to top out at; and by the way you’ve written your post it seems that you’re relatively familiar with cars/a bit of a ‘car guy/gal’.

I’m a sceptic and playing devil’s advocate; but it’s more than likely coincidence/confirmation bias than anything psychic.

Also if you live near the dealership you may have seen the Charger around before etc.

Yep.  The Charger was out back being made ready.  In fact, they’d had it in the car wash and hadn’t even dried it.  I had not see the car earlier.  I had no idea the speedometer would read 140 and found that a surprise.  Driving it home it felt like it could do 140.  Five decades ago I was a bit of a car guy but time cures all things, including my interest in cars.  Before we went out to the car, I told the guy I was working with that I didn’t care if it was a 1946 VW without a heater.  I just wanted to go home.  My home is in the country about 70 miles from the dealership and rental agency.

Being psychic seems to be something a person is stuck with.  I’ve had this random thing all my life.  I wrote this not to prove a point or sway skeptics.  I just wanted to pass on how this works for me.  Some people are curious.  Knowledge or understanding just appears.  I just know something and can’t explain it any better than that.

Perhaps 35 years ago my wife and I were walking through a mall near Fredericksburg, Virginia.  Some women passed us walking the other way.  I had no idea who they were.  They got about 10 feet passed us and one lady turned around and charged at my wife.  She was shouting “I’m a psychic, I’m a psychic.”  When she got to my wife she told her “Your husband is a psychic.  You should know that.”

All I can say is if there were a pack of a hundred psychics ranked by ability, I’d be in the bottom five.  I have no idea how this works.  My mother had this to a degree that was just spooky and I found her to be a very strange person.  She was saturated in this stuff.

Thank you for commenting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Nope, I didn’t.  But I’m pretty sure I broke 90.  I’m old enough that my night vision is shot so I was outrunning the sunset.  The last 3 miles were tough but I made it.

Hi, Rascal01 :st. I experience things in a similar way to you: 'seeing into the future' totally randomly it would seem! Sometimes it is useful i.e. helps me to be prepared for something, sometimes it appears to have no meaning or usefulness. I have no control over the 'visions', they just come to me. Rarely, I experience disasters/deaths as they happen.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Hi, Rascal01 :st. I experience things in a similar way to you: 'seeing into the future' totally randomly it would seem! Sometimes it is useful i.e. helps me to be prepared for something, sometimes it appears to have no meaning or usefulness. I have no control over the 'visions', they just come to me. Rarely, I experience disasters/deaths as they happen.

It’s a nice idea, but it’s all psychological.

• Like 1

Just now, Timothy said:

It’s a nice idea, but it’s all psychological.

:sleepy: No.No it isn't. 

• Thanks 1

@Rascal01

(Belated) Welcome to UM. :st

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post, and agreed with every word.

Psychicness (is that a word?:unsure2:) definitely runs in the family.  It is both a blessing and a curse, but I would rather have it than not.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2021 at 3:56 PM, Rascal01 said:

I had not see the car earlier.

Not ever?  I presume this company is near you, otherwise why did you go there?  It could be as inconsequential as just briefly glimpsing it in your peripheral vision, possibly even days or weeks ago.  So when you had the opportunity to muse about what car you might get your mind rolled it out as the first choice, given your sub-conscious had already associated it with being in the right area...

Brains are doing a LOT more than you are consciously aware of...

We live in a hugely complex world and have a hugely complex mind.  Why not embrace and think about the marvelous possibilities of reality before inventing stuff and 'powers'...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 11/30/2021 at 5:03 AM, ouija ouija said:

My mother saw things as you do.

One morning she awoke very distressed.  She saw her 3 children drowning in dirty water.  She was able to rescue my brother and sister in her dream or night vision.  But she said she couldn’t rescue me and told me that I was going to get sick.  She was pretty agitated.  Bingo.  Eleven days in the hospital with rheumatic fever.  I missed out on the second grade because of that.  That was 67 years ago.  Never forgot it.

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2021 at 6:17 AM, acute said:

@Rascal01

(Belated) Welcome to UM. :st

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post, and agreed with every word.

Psychicness (is that a word?:unsure2:) definitely runs in the family.  It is both a blessing and a curse, but I would rather have it than not.

It is a heck of a thing to have something you cannot explain or control.  It has run hot and cold during my life and was much more pronounced when I was young.  My mother’s gift was far greater.  I operate at her fringe level.

When I was a little kid I got a kid’s bow and arrow set at Christmas.  I misused it and it was taken away with a promise to be returned in the Springtime.  I told my mother I would go to sleep and dream where she hid it.  I did exactly that.  Much later in life I learned about remote viewing.  I believe that is what took place.

I can’t explain any of this.

Then this:

I was at the American Club in Jakarta, Indonesia.  My daughter, who was 15 at the time, ran up to join me at a second floor balcony.  I stood at the balcony looking around.  She ran to join me at the balcony and was going to lean over it.  For some reason I shouted “No!” and blocked her with my arm.  I stepped back and hit the top of the wrought iron railing with the heel of my hand.  It broke at its base and fell to the ground below.  My daughter would likely have died from the fall. Instinct or something else.  I don’t know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2021 at 3:04 PM, ChrLzs said:

Not ever?  I presume this company is near you, otherwise why did you go there?  It could be as inconsequential as just briefly glimpsing it in your peripheral vision, possibly even days or weeks ago.  So when you had the opportunity to muse about what car you might get your mind rolled it out as the first choice, given your sub-conscious had already associated it with being in the right area...

We live in a hugely complex world and have a hugely complex mind.  Why not embrace and think about the marvelous possibilities of reality before inventing stuff and 'powers'...

For one reason, I’ve had this ability all of my life and I’m 74.  That this happened is not new to me but it was a bit ridicules.   For another, the rental office is 70 miles from my home.  I had no idea it existed and did not know where it was located.  I had no idea I would be renting a car on that day.

There is one thing I can clarify.  My position is that I report, you deicide.   I ask no one to believe this or anything I submit.  I make no effort to sway or influence.  I am not offended when people hold and present differing views frim my own.  This is a public forum and all are entitled to speak.  I am very respectful of that.

But if I submit something and say it happened to me, it is because it did, in fact and in deed, happen to me.

This website addresses one thing.  That is the unexplained.  The only thing of value in addressing the unexplained is truth.  Anything deviating from the truth that  is presented as truth is misleading.  By being misleading it detracts from solving the mysteries presented here.  I refuse to do that.  My hope is to learn and understand, not impede.

I report.  You decide.  But there is no sales pitch involved.

Thank you for posting.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 8:32 PM, papageorge1 said:

But don't go 140 MPH please, LOL.

Hi Papa

Why put those numbers on a dial if you never use them, back roads of course.

21 hours ago, Rascal01 said:

But if I submit something and say it happened to me, it is because it did, in fact and in deed, happen to me.

Here's the thing, rascal.  You blew it out of the water when you said that (although the little "to me" at the end sorta gives it away)..

ALL human memories, and indeed all human perceptions, are just that.  They are NOT reality, they are merely impulses in a brain.  Even if we foolishly accept that people don't deliberately falsify their 'experiences', memories change and people exaggerate... and here at this forum, we often hear stories (and some folks are very well known for this) that are demonstrably not true.  Some of those folks clearly have some mental issues, others are simply misremembering, others are trolling, others are trying to garner notoriety.

You may be none of those and the nicest, most honest person on the planet, but if you think you can trust your memories as a 100% correct representation of what actually happened...... well, you need to do some further reading.  Perhaps start here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4183265/

... or look up Elizabeth Loftus.

As a photographer, I'm often painfully reminded that even a high quality camera/lens has perspective distortions and can be 'fooled' - your brain ain't even close to a camera...  

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2021 at 7:51 PM, Rascal01 said:

Provided FYI.

Today (11/29/21) the dealership servicing my car said I’d need a rental and they would cover the cost.  The service manager hooked me up and a young fellow showed up with my rental car, a compact black Ford, and took me to his office to do the electronic paperwork.  “Take a seat” the manager said.  My black Ford went to another customer.  When I first sat in the Ford I kinda knew this wasn’t going to be my rental car but no big deal.

I sat down and after a minute or two I zoned out.  In my mind’s eye I saw a dark red, more like crimson, sports car looking automobile sitting in the deepening dusk.  It was daylight - late afternoon - when I got that mental picture.  I sat while other customers were served and the staff dilly-dallied around getting me out of the black Ford and into something else.

We went outside and there sat my mental image from 45 minutes earlier.  It was a deep candy-apple red Dodge Charger, the very image of what I saw.  It sat in the darkening shadows of descending dusk.  The speedometer topped out at 140 MPH.

I have no idea how this works.  I get images or knowledge, information or understanding from who knows where.  Call it knowing.  Call it knowledge.  It just appears in my mind.  It is 98% involuntary.  Sometimes it is meaningless, other times significant.  If I would have sat in that chair and tried to learn what kind of car I would get I could be there for 20 years still not be successful.

It just happens.  Not as often now that I’ve attained geezer status,   But I’ll take what I can get.

I’m offering this up because some people are curious as to how psychic stuff works.  I inherited mine from my mother.  I have 2 or 3 percent of what she had.

This whole situation sounds like it wasn't psychic but mentally predetermined. I'm going to guess that you saw the red car but didn't pay special notice to it. While waiting your mind started to think upon it. (thus your mental imaginings) 

I'll almost bet that if you start thinking about seeing an orange cat, you'll soon see one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChrLzs said:

220px-Garfield_the_Cat.jpg

Proof!

Hey ChrLzs, I haw started to put together information on the subject we were discussing, when I post it up I will mention you.

Sorry this has take so long 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

This whole situation sounds like it wasn't psychic but mentally predetermined. I'm going to guess that you saw the red car but didn't pay special notice to it. While waiting your mind started to think upon it. (thus your mental imaginings) 

I'll almost bet that if you start thinking about seeing an orange cat, you'll soon see one. 

I had not been to the rental agency before my pick up  I had no idea where the agency was located, or that that they had a red car.

20 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Here's the thing, rascal.  You blew it out of the water when you said that (although the little "to me" at the end sorta gives it away)..

ALL human memories, and indeed all human perceptions, are just that.  They are NOT reality, they are merely impulses in a brain.  Even if we foolishly accept that people don't deliberately falsify their 'experiences', memories change and people exaggerate... and here at this forum, we often hear stories (and some folks are very well known for this) that are demonstrably not true.  Some of those folks clearly have some mental issues, others are simply misremembering, others are trolling, others are trying to garner notoriety.

You may be none of those and the nicest, most honest person on the planet, but if you think you can trust your memories as a 100% correct representation of what actually happened...... well, you need to do some further reading.  Perhaps start here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4183265/

... or look up Elizabeth Loftus.

As a photographer, I'm often painfully reminded that even a high quality camera/lens has perspective distortions and can be 'fooled' - your brain ain't even close to a camera...  

To remember the red car I would have had to have seen the red car and that never happened.  Your camera cannot photograph a red car that was never present in its lense.  Unless your camera has an unusual gift that is worthy of mention at UM.

1 hour ago, Rascal01 said:

I had not been to the rental agency before my pick up  I had no idea where the agency was located, or that that they had a red car.

Still doesn't mean you didn't unconsciously notice it as you were going in. We pick up tons of information around us all the time, very little directly hits our conscious awareness. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Rascal01 said:

I would have had to have seen the red car and that never happened.

???  So, you don't have a subconscious?  I'm very sorry to hear that.  But given your memory is perfect, I congratulate you.

And you missed the point (deliberately?) about brains and cameras.  Let me spell that out.  Can you please spend a little more time thinking about what we are saying, rather than instantly dismissing stuff simply because it threatens your story...?

1. Even the most expensive camera has limitations and will distort perspective.  Your brain/eye combination is completely different - more powerful in some ways, but it is nowhere near as accurate as the camera... that's NOT what it is best at.

2. Even at the moment of perception, your eye is effectively a 2D, non-linear, distorted device.

3. Your brain processes visual information both consciously and sub-consciously.  Its instantaneous original 'recording' is invariably distorted just by the fact that your eye sees a perspective distorted 2D image, and it is then 'recorded' in a 2D memory lattice.  That memory lattice changes every time you relate the memory, every time you re-tell it.  Just consider the view that you are seeing right now - it no doubt includes a whole pile of stuff at the periphery of your vision, that you are not consciously aware of, but all of that 'junk' (inc red cars..) contributes to your current awareness, either directly or indirectly/subconsciously.  You cannot possibly be aware of, and 'record', everything, so your brain uses a whole pile of techniques and shortcuts and crossovers into other memories, ALL of which change your memories.  Some gets thrown away, some gets massaged a bit, some goes into the sub-conscious background,... etc.  As an example, your eye might just detect a red car (any red car) in the periphery which will make the brain get ready to click up your favorite red car if required.  None of that would be something you were aware of, until it was triggered and flicked up the memory.  No magic required.

If you don't wish to consider any of that and prefer to think it's your power then that's OK.  But not everyone will buy that, nor should they for reasons I've just begun to outline above...

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2021 at 3:04 PM, ChrLzs said:

The marvelous possibilities of reality...

ah...a breath of fresh air from an old friend....

Reality....

One day I thought, hmmm...I'll just throw my keys on my desk...and then I thought...wait, no...put them on the kitchen table...you'll be going out soon and the office is on the other side of the house...why not just put them on the table and ....

Then...I slept...then...I got ready to leave and ....my keys were not where I put them...right there on the kitchen table!  I searched my office, my closet, the bedroom, my truck...and as always...I looked in the freezer...no where to be found.

An hour or so later...I found them...in the chair next to the bed.  They had fallen out of my pocket and found themselves down under the cushion...but...how could this be...I remember...definitely remember putting them on the kitchen table.  That memory is etched in my brain.  

Reality?   The actual reality is that I thought about putting them on the kitchen table...decided to do it...and then got distracted.  Every time we think about something...a memory of what we thought about is created.  Reality is that often, very often, our memories are fantasy.  Reality is what is happening right here, right now.  Everything else is...fantasy.

• Thanks 1