Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telepathy (and Consciousness) between humans and ETs?

rashore

Two recent Robert Lawrence Kuhn topics sent my way – the Multiverse and  Consciousness – factor in the discussion of UFOs, in some way or another.

I’ll tackle the Multiverse upcoming, with your forbearance, but here I’d like to take on the idea of telepathy, supposedly between UFO entities and witnesses in encounter scenarios.

Lately, it seems some people are having UFO entity encounters, as happened in the 50s and as late as the 1970s, fading from the record or reports pretty much after that.

Today, as then, persons claiming a UFO humanoid encounter report they have dialogues or receive information via telepathy: "the direct transference of thought from one person (sender or agent) to another (receiver or percipient) without using the usual sensory channels of communication, hence a form of extrasensory perception (ESP)."

https://ufocon.blogspot.com/2021/11/telepathy-and-consciousness-between.html

What is interesting to me is that those who experience these things know it is real however those who have not had that kind of event can only ask "is it possible".

Our experiences in life Frame our Perceptions of Reality. That is how life works. May be some day we as a society will grasp the concept and ask themself, could there be more? More than we have been told and more than we have experienced.

John

• Thanks 1

If it's 'real' then it should manifest in some way, or be testable, surely?  Unless it is very, very limited and perhaps one way only..   Even then, given we would likely be referring to two vastly different species, with different ways of thinking, surely the results would need to be documented and examined.  From the article:

But is this possible?
... Can humans receive (and have humans ever received) thought from other Earth’s sentient populations: animals, plants, any fauna or flora, ever?
Not in any evidentiary way as far as I know.

So, I'm not sure how this could be taken further - anyone?

• Like 1

Sadly the only example of this that springs to my mind, is the horrible story of Nancy Lieder.  She claimed that aliens communicated with her telepathically, about a rogue planet (Planet X of course..) that was going to crash into earth.  The date of the crash was originally 1995, but when it didn't happen, Nancy's (oops I mean the aliens') story changed, and eventually when several new dates had also passed without incident, she said the aliens admitted they were just messin' with her, and it was about teaching us earthlings a lesson.  :wacko:

During this debacle over many years, Nancy was supposedly told by the aliens that it would be best to euthanase all pets.  So, incredibly, she had her healthy young german shepherd puppy put down.  She also garnered many followers despite her clear insanity, and there were some truly horrifying conversations on forums about her followers telling their poor children what was about to happen, and that they would probably die...  You can imagine what that did to the families involved over time when the dates passed without incident and it was all shown to be utter bull**** - I wonder if the kids managed to grow up OK and how their relationship is now, with their idiot parents...

Perhaps there are other nicer stories or claims out there, but if ever there was an example of how that sort of belief can be very harmful, I think Nancy Lieder takes the cake...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

Tacking on one completely unproven item to spice up another completely unproven item? Brilliant!

Hi Trelane

Obviously you don't know about the (secret gov't) plans to infect part of the population will tic tac breath mints loaded with AI nanobots that use humans like 5 g towers to broadcast signals to aliens.:whistle:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Sadly the only example of this that springs to my mind, is the horrible story of Nancy Lieder.  She claimed that aliens communicated with her telepathically, about a rogue planet (Planet X of course..) that was going to crash into earth.  The date of the crash was originally 1995, but when it didn't happen, Nancy's (oops I mean the aliens') story changed, and eventually when several new dates had also passed without incident, she said the aliens admitted they were just messin' with her, and it was about teaching us earthlings a lesson.  :wacko:

During this debacle over many years, Nancy was supposedly told by the aliens that it would be best to euthanase all pets.  So, incredibly, she had her healthy young german shepherd puppy put down.  She also garnered many followers despite her clear insanity, and there were some truly horrifying conversations on forums about her followers telling their poor children what was about to happen, and that they would probably die...  You can imagine what that did to the families involved over time when the dates passed without incident and it was all shown to be utter bull**** - I wonder if the kids managed to grow up OK and how their relationship is now, with their idiot parents...

Perhaps there are other nicer stories or claims out there, but if ever there was an example of how that sort of belief can be very harmful, I think Nancy Lieder takes the cake...

As much of a nutcase as she is, even then she still didn't say it was a natural ability. Aliens planted a receiver in her brain as a girl. 

The German Shepherd puppy was disgusting. She should have been charged for that. What a horrid person.

It's a dead set crying shame that some enable people like this. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

She should have been charged for that. What a horrid person.

It's a dead set crying shame that some enable people like this

Hi Psyche

I was going to say at least they aren't suicide cult leaders and thought maybe look online and see if there were any before saying anything and then I found this.

https://historyofyesterday.com/infamous-female-cult-leaders-6e68621f7c0b

hether it’s the personality cults surrounding Kin Jong-un or Joseph Stalin, or the tragic cults like that of Jonestown, you will rarely find women playing a leading role. This is not to say that there have never been any female cult leaders, however, and unsurprisingly, they can be just as destructive as men when given the opportunity.

For clarity, I will not be considering any cults where women were not the central focus of the cult — they must be the sole focus of the follower’s devotion. This leaves us with few options, but much like the men who lead these cults, some rare women do take narcissistic devotion to its devastating end.

Annie Hamilton-Byrne — The Family

https://www.b****media.org/article/power-female-cult-leaders

It’s impossible to ignore the dark turn our popular media has taken. From podcasts about murders to documentaries about criminal cover-ups, creators have been scrounging into our dark histories to find strange, bizarre, and terrifying stories to highlight. Naturally, this includes cults.

The Manson Family. Jonestown. Rajneeshpuram. As an audience, we’re here for cults. We want to know about their leaders, their wicked practices, and, to a much lesser degree, their followers. From the late 1960s and spanning well into the early 1990s, cults were a scary specter from which parents hoped to shield their children, on par with urban legends about razor blades in Halloween candy and “stranger danger” abductions. Kicked off by the Manson Family murders and later bleeding into the Satanic Panic of the 1980s, the feeling that cults were a real, pressing threat to American safety was driven by breathless media coverage, aggressive policing tactics, and a stream of psychiatric professionals trying to sell books. But eventually, as more tangible threats to children such as guns in schools and drug crime dominated the news, white men with long hair and kooky beliefs began to strike less fear in the hearts of American news consumers.

Though stories of human nature gone awry intrigue men and women alike, cult leaders are almost always portrayed in pop culture as powerful men, while women in these groups, regardless of their agency or activities in the cult, are reduced to doe-eyed followers and victims. Even when women are heavily involved in the administration of cults, we rarely hear their stories.

Generally speaking in gang type environments women seem secondary on the danger list even though I know better but had never considered a cult leader aspect before likely because it is so uncommon.