Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

School shooting Michigan

susieice

COURT TV just said the parents will be arraigned any minute now. They will go live to the hearing when it starts.

• Like 1

COURT TV just said they are on the run. They didn't show up for their 4 pm arraignment. They are now fugitives.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gunn said:

Terroristic threats. Plain and simple. That's what they book them on. I've seen local authorities do it many times in case where criminals threaten officers, lawyers, judges in court cases. This kid made terroristic threats on social media, easy, find him, arrest him. But they don't do it. They're laxed with the law.

As happens when you post, you made some good thoughtful points.  I think public sentiment would be less divided over a criminal threatening a cop than over a high school kid posting on social media though.  

• Thanks 1

As I understand it, the kid made many prior indications he was going to perform a school shooting, including doing a drawing a teacher took a photo of and searching for ammunition online on school computers. The parents were informed. The parents knew. The parents did nothing. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I wondered what could be happening with Ethan's brother. He says he couldn't get ahold of his parents either and a former employer told him his old house was surrounded by the FBI. He lives in Florida with his mother because he didn't get along with his stepmom.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/ethan-crumbley-oxford-high-school-shooter-was-happy-boy-who-never-showed-signs-violence-elder-61576

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

As I understand it, the kid made many prior indications he was going to perform a school shooting, including doing a drawing a teacher took a photo of and searching for ammunition online on school computers. The parents were informed. The parents knew. The parents did nothing. 

I thought they had said he was caught searching for ammunition the day before the shooting. It was a week before the shooting. That was before they bought the gun. The mother took him out shooting the next day after the gun was purchased. Why would you not keep the weapon in a safe place? They gave him such easy access.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2021 at 8:51 PM, Nuclear Wessel said:

The sad part about all of this is the fact that it’s not even shocking to hear about shootings anymore. 

Yes it is.  It is always shocking.

• Like 2

It could be the neglecting parents that the kid decided to do something for. To get their attention, or respect, or whatever. Has happened before.

Sounds like a pair of class acts. 

• Like 4

On 12/2/2021 at 2:00 AM, kartikg said:

Do agencies ever report why do students who are involved do this? Most of the time it's like he was a normal kid. Both the shooter and victims are all usually described as normal or average by media. 

I don't remember the sandy hook shooters ever being described as "normal, happy kids".  I doubt that this one was either and the brother is just making thiings up or has not had enough experience to recognize that his family is just messed up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I wondered what could be happening with Ethan's brother. He says he couldn't get ahold of his parents either and a former employer told him his old house was surrounded by the FBI. He lives in Florida with his mother because he didn't get along with his stepmom.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/ethan-crumbley-oxford-high-school-shooter-was-happy-boy-who-never-showed-signs-violence-elder-61576

Well, he came out previously stating he left their home,  I wonder what the whole story is

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Well, he came out previously stating he left their home,  I wonder what the whole story is

Yes. He said he didn't get along with his stepmom but didn't go into any details. He just said he felt he was better off with his mom in Florida. Something was going on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

As happens when you post, you made some good thoughtful points.  I think public sentiment would be less divided over a criminal threatening a cop than over a high school kid posting on social media though.  

You know what's really "F"ed up? Just yesterday or today, one of the local police/sheriff authorities made a statement that if they catch anybody making threats on this incident or for whatever reason, they will come looking for them.

So now they are willing to enforce the terroristic threat laws within their power on anybody that makes threats. Well that's just great, but a little too late now. I mean really, WTF.

• Like 3

Here is a link to an open letter that the mother, Jennifer Crumbley, wrote in November 2016 to trump. 
The way she signed the letter, describing herself, is quite interesting the least lol.

Link to open letter Jennifer Crumbley https://archive.vn/rRL9y

(edited post to fix the link that wasn't working earlier).

Edited by thedutchiedutch

58 minutes ago, acidhead said:

20211203_151101.jpg

Thanks for the timeline. I can't believe that the school didn't send him home with the parents.
Not saying that it would have prevented the shooting for sure but still. 
I mean how many red flags are required before a kid get suspended especially in this day and age of school shootings galore.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Here is a link to an open letter that the mother, Jennifer Crumbley, wrote in November 2016 to trump. 
The way she signed the letter, describing herself, is quite interesting the least lol.

Link to open letter Jennifer Crumbley https://justagirlgoignthroughthisworld.wordpress.com/

LInk doesn't work

10 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Sorry, try this one please : https://archive.vn/rRL9y

" I have high hopes you will shut down Big Pharma, make health care affordable for me and my MIDDLE CLASS family again. I hope you uncover the cure for cancer, because there is one, we all know it, but you are the one to prove it."

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Thanks for the timeline. I can't believe that the school didn't send him home with the parents.
Not saying that it would have prevented the shooting for sure but still. 
I mean how many red flags are required before a kid get suspended especially in this day and age of school shootings galore.

No one thought to look in his backpack to see if there were any more notes or drawings. School officials didn't ask to look either. The kid had the gun in the backpack right there in that meeting. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

50 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

" I have high hopes you will shut down Big Pharma, make health care affordable for me and my MIDDLE CLASS family again. I hope you uncover the cure for cancer, because there is one, we all know it, but you are the one to prove it."

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow, thats almost at the level of, "Dear Jesus....". 

• Like 3