Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

School shooting Michigan

susieice

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

No one thought to look in his backpack to see if there were any more notes or drawings. School officials didn't ask to look either. The kid had the gun in the backpack right there in that meeting. 

Yeah there is a lot that went wrong here. 

They should have sent him home. Probably would have killed his parents though. 

Unless they can show a teacher, or other students, were abusing/bullying him in some way, this appears, IMHO, to be the parents that did this to the kid.

• Like 5

The Sheriff said there was no known record of bullying or mental illness in Crumbley's case. I wonder where the parents are. Police are still searching for them from every report I found.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/nation-world/authorities-4-to-6-people-shot-in-east-michigan-school-shooting/69-abe6ec59-705a-4fd2-8d9c-d7e0832e668a

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

His teacher  saw his drawing's  a picture of a kid killing other people and saying help me :(

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 4

CNN is reporting that the parents withdrew $4000 today from an ATM about 10-15 miles from Oxford and LE, who had been tracking them through their cell phones, can't anymore as the phones are now turned off. They didn't specify when the phones were turned off.

Their attorney keeps saying they will turn themselves in. At this point I don't think there's anything else she can say.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/03/us/michigan-oxford-high-school-shooting-superintendent-message/index.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

His teacher  saw his drawing's  a picture of a kid killing other people and saying help me :(

This kind of stuff can cause nightmares. This is such a sad and horrible situation!, I am just unable to figure out why these kids are doing these things, that's what must be figured out and corrected.

• Like 4

NBC confirms the couple are missing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/parents-suspected-michigan-high-school-shooter-are-charged-involuntary-rcna7479

The sheriff's office said it had not heard from lawyers late Friday afternoon and said that the duo's voluntary return was not assured.

"We have our Fugitive Apprehension Team, the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service and others actively looking for them and have every expectation we’ll have them in custody soon,” Bouchard said. “The action of fleeing and ignoring their attorney certainly adds weight to the charges. They cannot run from their part in this tragedy."

The couple may be driving a black 2021 Kia Seltos SUV with a Michigan license plate number, authorities said.

Bouchard said that his department was not given a heads-up from the prosecutor that the charges would be filed against the parents.

"We were informed, actually, by the media that a charging decision had been made," he told MSNBC.

When asked if that was frustrating, the sheriff responded: "That's an understatement."

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

This is also from the CNN link. UM wouldn't let me edit my post.

Sheriff Michael Bouchard earlier told CNN that law enforcement had not talked with James and Jennifer Crumbley, but their attorney had told officials that if there were charges she would make arrangements for them to be arrested.
He said the attorney had attempted to reach the parents by phone and text without success.
When asked by CNN whether the parents are missing, Bouchard said, "correct."
"If they think they are going to get away, they are not," he said.
The couple weren't under surveillance until "it got closer to last night" when charges were pending and detectives began the process of monitoring them, Bouchard said. There was no early surveillance on them before that because no charges were pending.
Every available resource is dedicated to locating them, the sheriff said, adding that people should not approach the couple. US Marshals and the FBI are involved in the search for the Crumbleys, according to Bouchard.
"The US Marshals Detroit Fugitive Apprehension Team is heading up the search," the agency said in a tweet.
The sheriff's office released a statement that said the Crumbleys might be driving a black 2021 Kia Seltos with the Michigan license plate number DQG 5203.
Page Pate, a Georgia criminal defense attorney, cautioned that the parents might not be on the run.
"I have been in this position before, representing someone who's just been charged with a crime," Pate told CNN. "They tend to panic, and when they panic, they do stupid stuff."
Pate said the parents might be looking for another lawyer, someone who will give them the answers they want to hear.
  • Like 2

I've checked all the major networks and no one knows where these people are. They all say the attorneys are saying the parents will turn themselves in and they all say their attorneys haven't heard from them all day. Here's what FOX says.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/manhunt-parents-suspected-michigan-school-shooter

The couple remains on the run and a "Be on the Lookout" (BOLO) has been issued. Their lawyers told Fox News they were returning to the area for their arraignment. Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald outlined the reasoning to charge the parents during a Friday news conference where she revealed the chilling moments as gunshots rang out. 

Michael McCabe, the undersheriff for the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, told Fox News that the office spoke with the Crumbley’s attorney on Friday at 4 p.m. to set up a place for the couple to turn themselves in, and have not gotten a response.

“At four o’clock this afternoon, probably four o’clock this afternoon, we talked to one of the attorneys again, and they said, again, they’re going to turn themselves in and we said, OK, have him call us, you call us, where can we meet you? And you know, we’ve heard nothing since then,” McCabe said.

During that call, McCabe said that the attorney revealed they have not been in contact with the Crumbley’s at all on Friday.

“Wherever they are, we’ll meet them. That is correct. We’ve had no response to that,” McCabe said.

• Like 2

I'm watching NBC 11 O'clock news and they just said there's a reward out for Crumbley's parents. They didn't say how much.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, susieice said:

No one thought to look in his backpack to see if there were any more notes or drawings. School officials didn't ask to look either. The kid had the gun in the backpack right there in that meeting. 

Crazy stuff isn't it. Wouldn't be surprised if the school gets charged somehow as well. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Crazy stuff isn't it. Wouldn't be surprised if the school gets charged somehow as well. 

This is nuts like Brian Laundrie! Without charges, police couldn't put surveillance on the parent's house. They didn't know until today that charges were being filed. Those parents just abandoned this kid to his fate. Wacky!!

I wonder if they may have crossed into Canada before the charges were announced. CNN said they took $4000 out of the bank this morning. The border isn't far from Detroit and they were north of there. I sure hope not. There is a bolo for them and now I've heard wanted posters and a reward too.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/michigan-charging-decision-due-for-parents-in-oxford-high-school-shooting/3067440/

Late Friday, the U.S. Marshals Service released wanted posters and announced rewards of up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest of the couple. Earlier Friday, authorities said they were searching James and Jennifer Crumbley. Sheriff Mike Bouchard said their attorney, Shannon Smith, had agreed to arrange their arrest if charges were filed but hadn't been able to reach them.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/trending/michigan-school-shooting-parents-alleged-shooter-charged-with-involuntary-manslaughter/FMTTESOKYJAD7IOKR2DEYKLA6A/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Nah, school did everything it could to prevent it bryond suspending the boy and we can all imagine the reaction to a suspicion based on a few drawings and a fear held by the teacher(s).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A bunch of schools in Michigan including a local one here was locked down Friday due to an unspecified threat.

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 2

Parents of Oxford school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley charged (nypost.com)

McDonald said Friday that the parents were called in after a teacher saw disturbing drawings on Crumbley’s desk. The drawings included a picture of a semi-automatic handgun pointed at the words “the thoughts won’t stop, help me” and “blood everywhere,” along with a picture of someone shot and bleeding. The drawing also contained the lines “my life is useless” and “the world is dead.”

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, susieice said:

CNN is reporting that the parents withdrew $4000 today from an ATM about 10-15 miles from Oxford and LE, who had been tracking them through their cell phones, can't anymore as the phones are now turned off. They didn't specify when the phones were turned off.

Their attorney keeps saying they will turn themselves in. At this point I don't think there's anything else she can say.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/03/us/michigan-oxford-high-school-shooting-superintendent-message/index.html

So, not only are they running, they have abandoned their son who is obviously unable and needs their support.  Gee, I wonder why the older son kept and the younger one has issues.  Not only rotten parents, but rotten people.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

This kind of stuff can cause nightmares. This is such a sad and horrible situation!, I am just unable to figure out why these kids are doing these things, that's what must be figured out and corrected.

Children are fundamentally powerless in society, yet live in a world wherein they are taught to be empowered changemakers, that their opinions matter and they have rights and a voice. To discover just how disempowered they are, can lead to chaos. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I am just unable to figure out why these kids are doing these things, that's what must be figured out and corrected.

Are they REQUIRED to attend school where they are? What I'm saying is if someone under the Age of Consent took a couple of days off school would they find the Police/Social Services etc at their door with paperwork to drag them back to school?

Edited by ethereal_scout
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Parents of Oxford school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley charged (nypost.com)

McDonald said Friday that the parents were called in after a teacher saw disturbing drawings on Crumbley’s desk. The drawings included a picture of a semi-automatic handgun pointed at the words “the thoughts won’t stop, help me” and “blood everywhere,” along with a picture of someone shot and bleeding. The drawing also contained the lines “my life is useless” and “the world is dead.”

McDonald said Friday that the parents were called in after a teacher saw disturbing drawings on Crumbley’s desk. 

The school should have called in the police right away just seeing those drawings. the police would have gone to his locker and find the gun and  send him home with his parents  before the killings :(

• Like 4

6 hours ago, glorybebe said:

So, not only are they running, they have abandoned their son who is obviously unable and needs their support.  Gee, I wonder why the older son kept and the younger one has issues.  Not only rotten parents, but rotten people.

I was thinking that too. I wonder what was going on that the older son left? They were just going to leave this kid. Glad to hear they got caught.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, glorybebe said:

They got them:

Fugitive parents of Michigan shooter Ethan Crumbley are ARRESTED less than a mile from Canadian border after leading authorities on massive manhunthttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10274257/Fugitive-parents-Michigan-shooter-Ethan-Crumbley-ARRESTED.html

This article has their mug shots. Seems they were actually trying to flee the country, not just vacationing.

CNN: Parents of Michigan school shooting suspect arrested after manhunt.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/04/us/michigan-oxford-high-school-shooting-saturday/index.html

• Like 5

The parents pleaded not guilty today. The prosecutor asked for $500,000 bail each. I don't see where the parents were given a charge for fleeing.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2021/12/04/oxford-high-school-parents-james-and-jennifer-crumbley-arraignment/8866729002/

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/oxford-school-shooting-michigan-12-04-21/index.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Wow, thats almost at the level of, "Dear Jesus....". 

I wonder if she is disappointed in Trump or if she thinks he was kept from the goals she set for him by the devil.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, susieice said:

Did they just leave their son high and dry?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ethereal_scout said:

Are they REQUIRED to attend school where they are? What I'm saying is if someone under the Age of Consent took a couple of days off school would they find the Police/Social Services etc at their door with paperwork to drag them back to school?

Typically in the U.S. it is a week of missing school, then the school is required to contact the parents.   There is no social services involvement until more than 10 days have been missed. and no police involvement at all unless the child goes missing or is found injured or dead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1