Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mayor recalls possible Bigfoot experience while camping

Eldorado

Riegelsville Mayor Greg Stokes says he was out camping in Pike County back in July of 1984. At one point during the trip, he recalls hearing something large and menacing on two feet rustling outside of his tent.

Then, he says he heard a scream that was horrifying and still haunting.

"This thing let out the scream from hell. (It) sat bolt upright in my tent. This thing vibrated my body so hard, I couldn't see the inside of the tent. And it had this huge, huge resonance. And it was close enough to me that I could hear its lips pop apart when it actually started the scream. It was a very, very low guttural tone," recalls Stokes.

Mayor Stokes says he's 99% sure it was Bigfoot but leaves the one percent of doubt only because he didn't actually see it.

https://6abc.com/bigfoot-sighting-riegelsville-pa-mayor-greg-stokes/11282565/

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Puma or moose? Lol.

The guy is an outdoorsy fellow and you think he's misdentifed his experience for rare but not uncommon encounter with known animals. Lmao.

Perhaps one day devices which can record good video/photos will exist, and everyone will carry them! Then we'll definitely nail down these mysteries.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Yea it was some type of animal and not Bigfoot but that�s funny he would link it to one. Not that I�ve ever heard one but me and my oldest son surprised the crap out of a big buck one time that wasn�t expecting to come face to face with us or us with him. It was funny as crap to me but it freaked my son out he had never heard one before. I guess somewhere between being startled at the right moment that buck almost gave himself a heart attack trying to scream at us like a bull horn. I screamed back at it while he was screaming and he hauled it up a hillside in the opposite direction.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:46 AM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Puma or moose? Lol.

The guy is an outdoorsy fellow and you think he's misdentifed his experience for rare but not uncommon encounter with known animals. Lmao.

Suggesting that a rational explanation of misidentification is lolly?  You're laughing your ass off at an explanation that conforms with verified known creatures versus one that has never been demonstrated to exist?    Really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/4/2021 at 1:46 AM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Puma or moose? Lol.

A mayor who went camping is an outdoorsy fellow is he? 

LOL. 

He didn't actually see it. He heard it's lips pop apart :w00t: :lol:

Maybe it was a unicorn. He didn't see it you know.

Or a ground dugong.Sea Cows of the dirt they are known as. :rofl:

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 3:59 PM, Eldorado said:

Riegelsville Mayor Greg Stokes says he was out camping in Pike County back in July of 1984. At one point during the trip, he recalls hearing something large and menacing on two feet rustling outside of his tent.

Then, he says he heard a scream that was horrifying and still haunting.

"This thing let out the scream from hell. (It) sat bolt upright in my tent. This thing vibrated my body so hard, I couldn't see the inside of the tent. And it had this huge, huge resonance. And it was close enough to me that I could hear its lips pop apart when it actually started the scream. It was a very, very low guttural tone," recalls Stokes.

Mayor Stokes says he's 99% sure it was Bigfoot but leaves the one percent of doubt only because he didn't actually see it.

The bolded is the main part.   This idiot get's to 99% certain without actually seeing it.   

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 12:05 PM, evalha said:

Perhaps one day devices which can record good video/photos will exist, and everyone will carry them! Then we'll definitely nail down these mysteries.

Dude, this was 1984. Crimminy!

1 hour ago, Myles said:

The bolded is the main part.   This idiot get's to 99% certain without actually seeing it.   

Now, Myles... Now Myles... why is he an idiot? Please remember, he was there.

Judging by the sound it made and how strong it was, it is no known animal in NA. Soooooooooo....

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Now, Myles... Now Myles... why is he an idiot? Please remember, he was there.

Judging by the sound it made and how strong it was, it is no known animal in NA. Soooooooooo....

He is at 99% from a sound he heard.   That is idiot math.   If he would have said 50% it would still be too high but 99% puts it into idiot levels.  

But if it is no known animal in NA, how would he know?  He heard something big walk by.   He heard a loud sound he didn't recognize.  That's all he has.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Myles said:

He is at 99% from a sound he heard.   That is idiot math.

It is NOT idiot math, Myles. You only think that because you did not hear the creature, but the ear witness did and has had 37 years to research it and think about it.

7 hours ago, Myles said:

He heard a loud sound he didn't recognize.

LOL - come on, Myles. Talk about mitigating the circumstances, good lord. The man gave an apt description of what he heard and it is far more than just a sound.
The man was in a tent where he got some measure of protection, yet the sound was so loud that it shook his eyeballs so badly his vision was distorted to the point
where what he saw looked like it was in disturbed water. dude! that is a lot more than "just a sound". The man also gave apt descriptions to other aspects 
of the creatures voice/growl, ie - deep guttural voice. So I guess we know it's not a goat, eh?   bahahahahah :-) 

IMO, if the man is truthing then there is no doubt he had a bigfoot experience. My suggestion to you is, you should hope the man is hoaxing, it's your only way out.

• Haha 2

On 12/1/2021 at 1:59 PM, Eldorado said:

"This thing let out the scream from hell.

Are we in hell? The mayor must be, if he can tell us that the scream came from hell. Or at least close enough to hear the sounds coming from hell.

Stokes is the name?

stoke
/stōk/

verb
gerund or present participle: stoking
  1. add coal or other solid fuel to (a fire, furnace, boiler, etc.).
    "he stoked up the barbecue"

On 12/6/2021 at 8:12 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

It is NOT idiot math, Myles. You only think that because you did not hear the creature, but the ear witness did and has had 37 years to research it and think about it.

LOL - come on, Myles. Talk about mitigating the circumstances, good lord. The man gave an apt description of what he heard and it is far more than just a sound.
The man was in a tent where he got some measure of protection, yet the sound was so loud that it shook his eyeballs so badly his vision was distorted to the point
where what he saw looked like it was in disturbed water. dude! that is a lot more than "just a sound". The man also gave apt descriptions to other aspects 
of the creatures voice/growl, ie - deep guttural voice. So I guess we know it's not a goat, eh?   bahahahahah :-) 

IMO, if the man is truthing then there is no doubt he had a bigfoot experience. My suggestion to you is, you should hope the man is hoaxing, it's your only way out.

There's only one way out, and that's the narrow back door, which is also the only way we can come back through, but only if we tell the truth, which is that we, "all-man," have been cheating with some other man's promised bride.

Too bad a tent has only a front opening. Have a knife? make an emergency exit before real Big Feet come stomping out of hell, and will not just be "screaming "Bloody Murder" as they will be out to get vengeance on behalf of their Lord, for spilling innocent blood.....

Listen to this sound, one coming from another Bigfoot, through inspiration. I'll link only, as some here don't appreciate listening to true harmonies. Perhaps it was a peach, and not an apple....who knows?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

In the early 2000s, my son and I were camped out on the Columbia river in Washinton state. We were awakened around 2 AM by a loud (and I mean loud) bloodcurdling scream. I was so petrified that I couldn't take a peek from the tent, even though I was armed with a large caliber handgun.