Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump won't run because he can't be seen as 'loser'

OverSword

@RavenHawk - could we please drop this habit of calling Biden 'Bidet' - all it does is wind up other members.

Thank you.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I like Hailey a lot, but I don't think she has what it takes.  There is no Republican I know of at this moment that isn't a wimp or would wimp out, no matter how much I like them.  I.e. Cruz is better as a Senator.  DeSantis is better (for now) as Governor.  Republicans need to stop rushing to a compromise.  Play hardball for once.  Time to back up the big talk with action.  Trump is the only one that can deal with the Swamp.  Trump will pick up where he left off getting in the face of the Left, MSM, our alies, and our enemies.  I am tired of Republican after Republican ending up a milk toast politician and compromising with the Left.  Giving them everything they want and getting nothing in return.  With Trump, there will be no more of that.  Trump won't compromise.  It about time that the Left compromises.  This nation needs that so desperately.  We’ve lost so much already.  The MSM is the biggest obstacle to a free press.  They are the enemy of the people and Trump will straighten that out.  I can see Trump cracking down on the MSM, shutdown those entities that attack this country.  But the Left eats its own.  At this rate, the MSM will clear themselves out.  Cuomo is but the first.

He won’t win if he runs

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, OverSword said:

He won’t win if he runs

Ssshush! :D You don't know that.

Trump supporters don't listen to OverSword. :whistle:Listen, all Trump supporters need to encourage Trump to run. Build up his ego. Tell him he can do it! Yay!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

He won’t win if he runs

I think he will win in a landslide if he runs. It took a RECORD number of votes being cast to oust him the last time. There's already been a significant push to limit the amounts of votes in the next election and that will only increase once the Republicans take back control in 2022. And then of course there's "voter apathy". When he was in office people who wouldn't normally vote were motivated to do so by the prospect of getting him out. That won't be the case in 2024 so voters who voted for biden just to vote against trump will drop dramatically. Meanwhile, all of his rabid cult followers will be more than motivated to go out and get him back in. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I think he will win in a landslide if he runs. It took a RECORD number of votes being cast to oust him the last time. There's already been a significant push to limit the amounts of votes in the next election and that will only increase once the Republicans take back control in 2022. And then of course there's "voter apathy". When he was in office people who wouldn't normally vote were motivated to do so by the prospect of getting him out. That won't be the case in 2024 so voters who voted for biden just to vote against trump will drop dramatically. Meanwhile, all of his rabid cult followers will be more than motivated to go out and get him back in. 

That's a good theory.  We will see.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Of course, I am a bit older than most posters.  I remember when Democrats and Republicans both thought that they both wanted the best for the US but disagreed on how to get there.  Policy arguments can be resolved with facts or compromised.

Now it is toxic.  The thing I hear most often now is that the other side hates America and wants to destroy it..   Both sides will probably say "We have not changed, its the other guys."  Balony.

We might get to choose from the slate of elite approved candidates providing that is OK with Russia and China.  Or maybe Bezos, Musk, Gates, ZUckerberg and a few others will just choose.

As the guy said in the thread  WVK started, the autocrats in China are in the party. The autocrats in America are in Silicon Valley. 

For me the appeal of Trump was that he stuck his finger into the eye of the autocracy.  Yes he was flawed.  I’m not optimistic that anything will stop the March to neo-serfdom.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Look at how much damage has been done in only 10 months so far...  Image how much it will be in three more years??  If there isn't a sweep in the midterms to halt most of the destruction, by 2024 it won't matter.  If we last that long, Trump will win in a landslide.  Even with the Left cheating.  It's all going Trump's way.  We just have to wait and see how the Left plots and connives to take out Trump.

"Many of us now feel a sense of mounting horror as we watch. Something like a David Cronenberg scenario is at work, an infestation afflicting the body politic, the state, the media, academia and every other institution, where once tradition, scepticism and good, calm sense once served to douse flare-ups of enthusiasm.

But that dramatic proposition – diverse individuals living in a fundamentally coherent, cohesive society, facing challenges that old-fashioned virtues would get them through – that has all gone now. That Spielberg movie America, of kids BMXing around and having adventures, of older folks looking out for them, chatting to them on the porch and giving them lemonade without anyone even blinking? That’s not ‘heartwarming’, that’s a paedophile’s charter.

Even FriendsFrasier and Cheers feel like far-right propaganda now, like those pictures of pre-brutalism city centres with long demolished neo-Gothic town halls and department stores, and children playing hoop in traffic-free streets. Remember sitcoms featuring loads of attractive white people just enjoying life? They took this from you!

Yet the present administration, the presidency of Joe Biden, seems not only comfortable with this, but also to regard it as an engine for progress. It is hard to say whether it is oblivious or indifferent to the crazy. Or preparing to simply eject half the nation, as the Apollo moon rockets did their fuel tanks once empty and redundant."

And yet, now that progressivism has a tight hold on the reins. Overseas, and to less happier lands, the Military Industrial Complex remains as dangerous as ever. But the Governmental / Academic / Media Complex – memorably and I think accurately characterised as ‘The Cathedral’ by blogger Mencius Moldbug – is the one I’m afraid of. It is marching in tighter lockstep than ever and we are nowhere near the worst of it yet."

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/29/america-is-tearing-itself-apart/

Edited by itsnotoutthere

17 hours ago, OverSword said:

I think the republicans will pick anyone else that seems more reasonable than trump who isn't a wimp.  I'm hoping Nicki Hailey.  She would mop the floor with trump.

I hope the next republican president will not be Trump. Republicans have a very good choice between their ranks but they do have to move away from people like Trump, Cruz...those imbecills did nothing good for their own party or state or country. Time to get back to normal, strong and respected USA regardless what party is in power.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Meanwhile, all of his rabid cult followers will be more than motivated to go out and get him back in. 

This all is very likely to happen....IF his follwers are still alive at that time.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Are you serious?  If you were trying to destroy this nation, what would you do differently than what Bidet is already doing?  Destruction of our energy independence.  The shame of Afghanistan.  Our enemies know how weak we are and our allies don't trust us.  Paying people to not work.  People leaving the workforce.  Unconstitutional mandates.  Attack on the Constitution and Bill of Rights.  Weaponizing the bureaucracy (against the people).  Inflation rising at record rates with no end in sight.  Do you like food and gas prices going up?  Your paycheck buying less?  And those are just from the top of the head.

I would withdraw from the Paris Accords, I would set up a disaster in Afghanistan for my successor to deal with.  I would try to shut down climate research.  I would hold rallies to infect people with covid.  I would promote covid so that 240,000 more people would die.  I would refuse to pay people not to work so that they would be subject to abusive and incompetent bosses and a lack of respect for their labor.

People leaving the workforce?  I would be retired right now if I hadn't signed a ten-year contract back in 2013.  My daughter would be working right now if she could find a job that would pay her enough to live on.  But she can't pay the mortgage by flipping hamburgers.  Business has had 50 years to prepare for the Baby Boom's retirement - and they're not ready.  Whose fault is that?

What attacks on the Bill of Rights?  You are free to criticize the govt and your boss is free to fire you for doing it.  Is that what you call "freedom of speech?"  You are free to join any church the IRS approves of.  You are free to pay your local taxes so churches you don't belong to can benefit.  Is that what you call "freedom of religion?"  You are free to carry your AK-15 downtown where any cop can shoot you dead fro doing it and make up an excuse to cover himself by filing a false police report.  Is that the "freedom to bear arms?"  You have the right against unlawful seizure unless a cop takes your mon ey under "civil forfeiture."   The Bill of Rights?  You don't have any rights.  Youlost those long ago.  So now you think you're some kind of freedom fighter because you don't wear a mask?  Give me a break.

Inflation?  We have yet to reach 4% in this go round.  Maybe you don't remember Reagan with his 10% rate.  Back in the 90s, diesel prices reached $5.00 a gallon.  They're about $3.00 right now.

Food prices?  We are short by about two million farm workers.  Trump chased about two million  workers back to Mexico.  Blame the problem on the person who caused it.  If you think food prices are too high, go get a job picking lettuce.

You sound like you're too young to remember that these things have all happened before.  You need to read some history.  I don't because I lived it.

Doug

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WVK said:

For me the appeal of Trump was that he stuck his finger into the eye of the autocracy.  Yes he was flawed.  I’m not optimistic that anything will stop the March to neo-serfdom.

JMO.  I am not an expert nor citing facts, just memories.

I can relate to what you say, but I kindly disagree.  I think he is part of the system. He is not a proponent of the extremes  of wokism, in fact he uses that as his message.  But he indulges in other extremes, finding other scapegoats to blame and distracting us from the causes of our problems.  Meanwhile he has always taken care of himself and his elite peers at the expense  of those he uses.   I would venture to say that every administration since Nixon has furthered the cause of neo-serfdom.

Both sides have played off each other and changed.  Like some kind of Newtonian force, action produces equal and opposite reaction.  As one party gets more extreme, the other does as well.  They feed off each other. 

Eisenhower warned against the military industrial complex and had a very thoughtful argument on why top corporations and individuals should be taxed heavily.   It was not designed as a punishment  or to inhibit growth but to maintain the American dream of prosperity and upward mobility for the working class..

Reagan began some of the change, but still valued the American dream.  I recommend reading or listening to his remarks on the value immigrants have for our country and how they kept us ahead in technology and economically.  He did cut taxes on the wealthy and start the one on social security to make up for it.  He called the elites "Job creators" .  It is demand that fuels the economy and not the benevolence of the rich.   That mythology has only grown since Reagan as it has continued all the way to today.

The Republicans and Democrats rile people up and separate them on narrow issues, but on the big ones relating to  the end of the American dream, there is not a pinch of difference between Trump and Biden or Schumer and McConnell. 

50 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

I would withdraw from the Paris Accords, I would set up a disaster in Afghanistan for my successor to deal with.  I would try to shut down climate research.  I would hold rallies to infect people with covid.  I would promote covid so that 240,000 more people would die.  I would refuse to pay people not to work so that they would be subject to abusive and incompetent bosses and a lack of respect for their labor.

People leaving the workforce?  I would be retired right now if I hadn't signed a ten-year contract back in 2013.  My daughter would be working right now if she could find a job that would pay her enough to live on.  But she can't pay the mortgage by flipping hamburgers.  Business has had 50 years to prepare for the Baby Boom's retirement - and they're not ready.  Whose fault is that?

What attacks on the Bill of Rights?  You are free to criticize the govt and your boss is free to fire you for doing it.  Is that what you call "freedom of speech?"  You are free to join any church the IRS approves of.  You are free to pay your local taxes so churches you don't belong to can benefit.  Is that what you call "freedom of religion?"  You are free to carry your AK-15 downtown where any cop can shoot you dead fro doing it and make up an excuse to cover himself by filing a false police report.  Is that the "freedom to bear arms?"  You have the right against unlawful seizure unless a cop takes your mon ey under "civil forfeiture."   The Bill of Rights?  You don't have any rights.  Youlost those long ago.  So now you think you're some kind of freedom fighter because you don't wear a mask?  Give me a break.

Inflation?  We have yet to reach 4% in this go round.  Maybe you don't remember Reagan with his 10% rate.  Back in the 90s, diesel prices reached $5.00 a gallon.  They're about $3.00 right now.

Food prices?  We are short by about two million farm workers.  Trump chased about two million  workers back to Mexico.  Blame the problem on the person who caused it.  If you think food prices are too high, go get a job picking lettuce.

You sound like you're too young to remember that these things have all happened before.  You need to read some history.  I don't because I lived it.

Doug

The amount of copium in your post in hilarious. 

Have fun enjoying your higher prices that you voted for, while complaining that your daughter can't afford her bills.

It's almost as if your choices have consequences.....

12 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Have fun enjoying your higher prices that you voted for, while complaining that your daughter can't afford her bills.

It's almost as if your choices have consequences.....

Did all of that just start under Biden?  

15 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Meanwhile he has always taken care of himself and his elite peers at the expense  of those he uses. 

For at least 40 years Republican policy has tended toward four objectives:

1.  Make the rich richer.  Do it with corrupt government contracts, allow pay rates below the living wage.  Exempt them from taxes everybody else has to pay.  In short, do it by whatever means work.

2.  Give the military more money then it even asks for.

3.  Abolish the Bill of Rights when it applies to people other than them.

4.  Overturn Roe v. Wade.

That's not the sort of America I want to live in.

Doug

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doug1066 said:

My daughter would be working right now if she could find a job that would pay her enough to live on.  But she can't pay the mortgage by flipping hamburgers.

My daughter is a mud logger/geostearer for a oil company.  She is currently laid off because it is more profitable to use imported oil than to drill more wells.

The problem with American policy is that it doesn't care about people:  no matter who is in the White House.

Doug

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

He won’t win if he runs

I think it depends on who he shambles against, if it’s Jivin’ Joe or the Hidden Harris, he’ll win. If it’s some one who might actuslly be competent and compos menti he might be trouble.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Did all of that just start under Biden?  

Of course not. People want to blame whoever they hate for whatever they hate. The pandemic did a number on society as a whole and it has long reaching and still unforeseen implications regardless of whoever is in the hot chair.

I hate the orange fop but I don't blame him for stuff that was going to happen anyway. People give whoever is president so much undeserved blame.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

Trump will want to see a good enough mid term election result to stop more tries at impeachment.

Reduced Dems in the house and senate would stop this.

Although I think Trump should stay away from the Whitehouse and be the king maker, and the party should pick the king or queen. Not Trump. 

2 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

For at least 40 years Republican policy has tended toward four objectives:

1.  Make the rich richer.  Do it with corrupt government contracts, allow pay rates below the living wage.  Exempt them from taxes everybody else has to pay.  In short, do it by whatever means work.

2.  Give the military more money then it even asks for.

3.  Abolish the Bill of Rights when it applies to people other than them.

4.  Overturn Roe v. Wade.

That's not the sort of America I want to live in.

Doug

Regarding 1. How are the rich being treated by the Democrats currently? Have all the issues that you describe been addressed ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Look at how much damage has been done in only 10 months so far...  Image how much it will be in three more years??  If there isn't a sweep in the midterms to halt most of the destruction, by 2024 it won't matter.  If we last that long, Trump will win in a landslide.  Even with the Left cheating.  It's all going Trump's way.  We just have to wait and see how the Left plots and connives to take out Trump.

In 2024 the price of gas will be $8.00 a gallon and Biden et all will still be saying its only temporary....

I'd agree that Biden's done worse in his first year then Trump did. Arguements against Trump tend to get emotional. "I FEEL SCARED BY ORANGE MAN!!".

If Trump runs in 2024 he will definitely win. Especially if Biden runs again. Or if Harris runs.

I'd like to see someone else run though. Someone younger, maybe black, or Hispanic, or female. It will be hard for the Dems to call a black man a racist. 

If only Candace Owens would run.

It would be funny if all the "patriarchal racist white supremacists" voted for her and all the "woke, BLM, me-too" crowd voted against her for a old white male.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace_Owens

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

It will be hard for the Dems to call a black man a racist. 

:huh: A famous black person that does not toe a certain political line and regurgitate anti-racist racism is called racist, they are even accused of being white supremacists.  People Like John McWhorter, Larry Elder, Thomas Sowell or who you mentioned, Candace Owens.

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

JMO.  I am not an expert nor citing facts, just memories.

I can relate to what you say, but I kindly disagree.  I think he is part of the system. He is not a proponent of the extremes  of wokism, in fact he uses that as his message.  But he indulges in other extremes, finding other scapegoats to blame and distracting us from the causes of our problems.  Meanwhile he has always taken care of himself and his elite peers at the expense  of those he uses.   I would venture to say that every administration since Nixon has furthered the cause of neo-serfdom.

Both sides have played off each other and changed.  Like some kind of Newtonian force, action produces equal and opposite reaction.  As one party gets more extreme, the other does as well.  They feed off each other. 

Eisenhower warned against the military industrial complex and had a very thoughtful argument on why top corporations and individuals should be taxed heavily.   It was not designed as a punishment  or to inhibit growth but to maintain the American dream of prosperity and upward mobility for the working class..

Reagan began some of the change, but still valued the American dream.  I recommend reading or listening to his remarks on the value immigrants have for our country and how they kept us ahead in technology and economically.  He did cut taxes on the wealthy and start the one on social security to make up for it.  He called the elites "Job creators" .  It is demand that fuels the economy and not the benevolence of the rich.   That mythology has only grown since Reagan as it has continued all the way to today.

The Republicans and Democrats rile people up and separate them on narrow issues, but on the big ones relating to  the end of the American dream, there is not a pinch of difference between Trump and Biden or Schumer and McConnell. 

It would seem that the MSM, FBI  CIA weren’t aware that Trump was “part of the system “.

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

:huh: A famous black person that does not toe a certain political line and regurgitate anti-racist racism is called racist, they are even accused of being white supremacists.  People Like John McWhorter, Larry Elder, Thomas Sowell or who you mentioned, Candace Owens.

True, but it is so very amusing to see them do so. Usually those doing the accusing are pampered white suburbanites. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WVK said:

Regarding 1. How are the rich being treated by the Democrats currently? Have all the issues that you describe been addressed ?

These issues have not been addressed by the Dems, leading to suspicion that Dems may be in on it.  Attempts are under way to address some of them - like the wage spread.

Doug