Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stanford and Google Team Up To Create Time Crystals With Quantum Computers

Grim Reaper 6

A team of researchers including ones from Stanford and Google have created and observed a new phase of matter, popularly known as a time crystal. There is a huge global effort to engineer a computer capable of harnessing the power of quantum physics to carry out computations of unprecedented complexity. While formidable technological obstacles still stand in the way of creating such a quantum computer, today’s early prototypes are still capable of remarkable feats. For example, the creation of a new phase of matter called a “time crystal.” Just as a crystal’s structure repeats in space, a time crystal repeats in time and, importantly, does so infinitely and without any further input of energy – like a clock that runs forever without any batteries. The quest to realize this phase of matter has been a longstanding challenge in theory and experiment – one that has now finally come to fruition.

Stanford and Google Team Up To Create Time Crystals With Quantum Computers (scitechdaily.com)

Peer reviewed Journal --Time-Crystalline Eigenstate Order on a Quantum Processor - Time-Crystalline Eigenstate Order on a Quantum Processor | Nature

Edited by Manwon Lender

• The title was changed to Stanford and Google Team Up To Create Time Crystals With Quantum Computers
48 minutes ago, zep73 said:

@Manwon Lender

This is somewhat old news, my friend.

And your headline is inconsistent with the content.

Zep thanks for pointing that out about the title of this thread, I did get that corrected so thank you very much for bring it to my attention. I also see what you mean about the topics but it appears something may have changed because the Peer reviewed journal  for the thread I started is  published 30 November 2021, and the page you added from the other thread does not have a Peer reviewed journal attached to the OP mine does.

I haven't seen you around in few days is everything ok!:tu:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

I haven't seen you around in few days is everything ok!:tu:

All is fine. I'm just socially bipolar :lol:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, zep73 said:

All is fine. I'm just socially bipolar :lol:

That is certain not true at all my friend, if anything that describes me man!!!!!!:tu: Hey below there are some diffrent threads I started the othger day I am uncertain if your are in interested or saw them

Peace 

Prehistoric Bronze Age Archeological dig of Kisk burials Discovered on Scotland's Islands Documentary approximately 48 minutes long.  Prehistoric Bronze Age Archeological dig of Kisk burials Discovered on Scotland's Islands - Palaeontology, Archaeology and History - Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums (unexplained-mysteries.com)

The 11 biggest unanswered questions about dark matter: The 11 biggest unanswered questions about dark matter - Science and Technology - Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums (unexplained-mysteries.com)

Physicists, Hunting the 'Dark Photon,' Will Blast a Diamond with Antimatter: Physicists, Hunting the 'Dark Photon,' Will Blast a Diamond with Antimatter | Live Science

Neutron Decay May Hint at Dark Matter: Physics - Neutron Decay May Hint at Dark Matter (aps.org)

• Thanks 1