Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Avoid kisses under mistletoe says minister

Silver

"Suggesting measures such as social distancing and mask wearing, he told Sky News: “If people are sensible then I don’t see any reason why we can’t all enjoy Christmas again, unless this variant takes a real turn for the worse".

And we’re really not going to know that for a couple of weeks.

Sounds like it'll be just in time to cancel Christmas :w00t: :santa:  

Is there ANY custom or tradition these people are unwilling to crush?  FWIW, I actually see the logic in this particular instance but the cumulative effect of all this overreach is getting VERY OLD.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, and then said:

"Suggesting measures such as social distancing and mask wearing, he told Sky News: “If people are sensible then I don’t see any reason why we can’t all enjoy Christmas again, unless this variant takes a real turn for the worse".

And we’re really not going to know that for a couple of weeks.

Sounds like it'll be just in time to cancel Christmas :w00t: :santa:  

Is there ANY custom or tradition these people are unwilling to crush?  FWIW, I actually see the logic in this particular instance but the cumulative effect of all this overreach is getting VERY OLD.

Oh come on!  That is just common sense.  No one suggested taking anything away.  If your wife had a bad flu, would you kiss her under the mistletoe?   Rational people understand that it is a bad idea.   Jeez!  you love to complain and I love to thrash you over it.   

• Like 2

The main problem once again is that we are getting mixed messages. Can we party, or can't we party? Or can we have parties with only 5 people or less (and is that even a "party"):Therese Coffey has got her tongue in a twist over snogging guidelines | The Independent

Businesses are getting stressed again as family and work do's are being cancelled.Covid UK: Hospitality fury at government's mixed messages over Xmas parties | Daily Mail Online

And the whole point of snogging someone at the works Christmas bash is that it is not your partner.

Edited by The Silver Shroud

16 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

The main problem once again is that we are getting mixed messages. Can we party, or can't we party? Or can we have parties with only 5 people or less (and is that even a "party"):Therese Coffey has got her tongue in a twist over snogging guidelines | The Independent

Businesses are getting stressed again as family and work do's are being cancelled.Covid UK: Hospitality fury at government's mixed messages over Xmas parties | Daily Mail Online

And the whole point of snogging someone at the works Christmas bash is that it is not your partner.

That snogging comment is silly, you would risk a bad virus to snog someone at a christmas party because they are not your spouse/partner?   Whether the rules change or not, it is common sense that we need to use to determine what we should or should not do, whether we go to the big party maskless or with a mask, whether we stay home and have a zoom party.    I think everyone's first concern should be the health of their family.  I understand that small businesses are having a hard time, but some of them are getting creative, like offering delivery services for party food, etc.  And there is nothing keeping people from ordering to-go meals or delivery meals for their holiday.

Edited by Desertrat56

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That snogging comment is silly, you would risk a bad virus to snog someone at a christmas party because they are not your spouse/partner?  

Obviously I meant pre-Covid! Everything has changed since Covid- 19 appeared. No one is laughing now:Covid bereaved families 'sickened' over No 10 Christmas party - BBC News

Edited by The Silver Shroud

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That snogging comment is silly, you would risk a bad virus to snog someone at a christmas party because they are not your spouse/partner?   Whether the rules change or not, it is common sense that we need to use to determine what we should or should not do, whether we go to the big party maskless or with a mask, whether we stay home and have a zoom party.    I think everyone's first concern should be the health of their family.  I understand that small businesses are having a hard time, but some of them are getting creative, like offering delivery services for party food, etc.  And there is nothing keeping people from ordering to-go meals or delivery meals for their holiday.

Actually, I feel I should apologise for post #6 because my meaning wasn't obvious. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moonman said:

Not kissing randoms is just good advice all around, pandemic or not.

Then we might have missed this legendary VJ Day In Times Square picture:

Legendary_kiss_V–J_day_in_Times_Square_Alfred_Eisenstaedt.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonman said:

Not kissing randoms is just good advice all around, pandemic or not.

it is a good advice,. but boring as hell, and no fun at all. 

• Like 2