Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US to restart 'Remain in Mexico' program following court order

OverSword

The Biden administration on Thursday plans to restart the "Remain in Mexico" program following a court order to reimplement the policy first launched under President Trump while it appeals the decision.

The rollout follows weeks of negotiations with Mexico over how to reimplement a plan that under the Trump administration saw as many as 70,000 migrants from across the globe pushed into refugee camps in border cities with no clear timeline for when they may be able to enter the U.S. for a hearing in their case.

The mass migration through Mexico left asylum seekers stranded in refugee camps in border cities with no clear end date.

According to a senior Department of Homeland Security (DHS) official, the U.S. will help coordinate housing for asylum seekers, with the State Department being responsible for assuring safe and secure shelter.

The official said the U.S. will arrange to house migrants away from some of the more dangerous border cities.

The U.S. also plans to provide transportation for migrants to and from ports of entry when they need to enter the country to attend court hearings.

But in broad strokes the program will largely be the same as its predecessor, barring asylum seekers from entering the U.S., forcing them to instead await the lengthy immigration court process while living in another country. 

Link

Well what do you know?

• Haha 3

THAT’S RACIST!!

Ohh wait…. Biden is doing it. That’s a sensible approach to ensure that COVID or bombs don’t come into America. 

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

THAT’S RACIST!!

Ohh wait…. Biden is doing it. That’s a sensible approach to ensure that COVID or bombs don’t come into America. 

They had a court order demanding it, see usually when a president is told to so something by the legal system they actually abide by it instead of throwing a **** fit on Twitter 

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

They had a court order demanding it, see usually when a president is told to so something by the legal system they actually abide by it instead of throwing a **** fit on Twitter 

Alternatively, he could have said “bog off” and sent it off to the Supreme Court.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Alternatively, he could have said “bog off” and sent it off to the Supreme Court.

The Suprreme Court is the court that upheld the ruling that he had to restart it.

• Like 1

I got sick of Fox News spreading fear about Mexicans coming into America. I almost think it put a subliminal message of a screaming woman in one of their rants to instill a feeling of fear. The Mexicans were always there and it looks like a bottleneck, it is common sense they are going to spill into North America. If you want to do something about it, then take away the Second Ammendment from Mexico. Mexico is one of the few countries that have a right to bear arms like America.

I won't give into the fear that the 'right' is spreading. To me that means they are the fearful and unbelieving. They have no actual faith in God's plan and forfeit their Christianity.

Edited by The_Phantom_Stranger
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The_Phantom_Stranger said:

I got sick of Fox News spreading fear about Mexicans coming into America. I almost think it put a subliminal message of a screaming woman in one of their rants to instill a feeling of fear. The Mexicans were always there and it looks like a bottleneck, it is common sense they are going to spill into North America. If you want to do something about it, then take away the Second Ammendment from Mexico. Mexico is one of the few countries that have a right to bear arms like America.

I won't give into the fear that the 'right' is spreading. To me that means they are the fearful and unbelieving. They have no actual faith in God's plan and forfeit their Christianity.

You think an open border is a good thing?

Yes, there are many good people in Mexico.   But there are also many bad people in Mexico.  We do not have information on many of them.   Cartels are making a fortune in the USA.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yes, there are many good people in Mexico.   But there are also many bad people in Mexico.  We do not have information on many of them.   Cartels are making a fortune in the USA.

No, and Biden is not for open borders either. I think it is a futile thought to think there is anyway to stop illegal immigration. I remember the news agencies accusing Trump of being Machiavellian. In Machiavelli's book however, he advises against the use of walls saying they are usually ineffective except in some rare circumstances 

Edited by The_Phantom_Stranger

38 minutes ago, Myles said:

We are catching more then ever. If a net has more fish in it then usual, would you assume the net isn't working?

9 minutes ago, The_Phantom_Stranger said:

No, and Biden is not for open borders either. I think it is a futile thought to think there is anyway to stop illegal immigration. I remember the news agencies accusing Trump of being Machiavellian. In Machiavelli's book however, he advises against the use of walls saying they are usually ineffective except in some rare circumstances 

Drones and rapid response units would be a much more effective way to solve the issue. But trump couldn't slap his name on a fleet of drones fresh from Afghanistan 

Regardless of any of the above the US immigration system needs an overhaul.  There needs to be a larger system to examine and pass/fail asylum seekers, and more work visas need to be issued annually.  Many more.  Also anyone that is an adult but attended school here k thru 12 needs to be granted legal citizenship no other requirements.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Gromdor said:

The Suprreme Court is the court that upheld the ruling that he had to restart it.

Then he should have just said “no” and be in contempt if he genuinely thought it was racist.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Then he should have just said “no” and be in contempt if he genuinely thought it was racist.

We have a three way balance of power system here in the US.  He can't say no.

I don't mind people coming to America. Its the Land of Opportunity. (Spellchecker kept changing that to "Opposition" :lol:).

I just want them coming here using the legal systems in place, just as Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Canada, The UK, Sweden, Norway, and almost every other nation does. 

Since many don't appear after being released on the US side with a court date, they have ruined it for those future immigrants and so those coming at the border now need to wait in Mexico.

Simple as that. Not racist, or hateful, it is simply enforcing Federal Law in an effective manner.