Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother of 9-year-old girl whose body was found stuffed in duffel bag was charged with murder.

Grim Reaper 6

The body of a 9-year-old girl found in a duffle bag in the woods in Oregon last year was identified and two women, including the child’s mother, were arrested and charged with murder, officials said. Shawna Browning, 29, and her “significant other” Lauren Harrison, 34, were arrested in Detroit on Tuesday and each face a charge of aggravated murder, according to a Wednesday statement from Oregon State Police. On Dec. 10, a pedestrian found the girl’s decomposing body “concealed inside a duffle bag” in the forest near a rest stop along the H.B. Van Duzer Scenic Corridor in Lincoln County, police said.

Mother of 9-year-old girl whose body was found stuffed in duffel bag in Oregon, was charged with murder. (msn.com)

• Sad 4

• The title was changed to Mother of 9-year-old girl whose body was found stuffed in duffel bag was charged with murder.

This kind of thing seems to be making the news more often now, where millennials who are "Done" with their kids try to kill them to start over. Its mind boggling how selfish some people have been raised to be.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

This kind of thing seems to be making the news more often now, where millennials who are "Done" with their kids try to kill them to start over. Its mind boggling how selfish some people have been raised to be.

It's happening more? 

Wow, that's sad.

• Like 1

why share such news?

it boggles my mind... like slowing down to stare at a car accident, when you can do nothing to help, only hinder or titillate yourself.

it horrifies and/or saddens those who encounter it...

not sure why you share such things friend.

8 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Why not give up rights to these children?  Why murder them?  Just breaks my heart

This really has to stop, I mean it has come to the point where at least every month crimes like this happen. I cant even conceive what is going through peoples mind these days when they commit this crimes, I view them as animals and give n the chance that is how I would treat them.:angry:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

This really has to stop, I mean it has come to the point where at least every month crimes like this happen. I cant even conceive what is going through peoples mind these days when they commit this crimes, I view them as animals and give n the chance that is how I would treat them.:angry:

Hi Manwon

There are times in the past That I just wanted to take a child or/and siblings to people I knew that would give them a life.

I used to build cars in the garage and driveway so kids from the neighborhood would come and watch, ask questions and talk, There were 2 brothers aged 5 and 7 that lived down the block and would tell me how people OD'd and died or there were knife fights in the house. These kids had no chance in life because reporting the parents does nothing and they grew up to be criminals and had been abused. Another time I found a toddler standing on the boulevard crying during 5 pm traffic in the core area so I pulled up and walked him across the street and was able to find the house he lived in. Threre were at least a dozen and a half adult to late teens there and none of them were watching the child.

Nothing surprises me anymore, I have seen to much and not enough in life.

14 hours ago, quiXilver said:

why share such news?

it boggles my mind... like slowing down to stare at a car accident, when you can do nothing to help, only hinder or titillate yourself.

I had to travel an extra hour on the drive home from Southern Oregon after Thanksgiving because there was an accident and people slowed down to watch. Caused a 15 mile backup that took me an hour to get through.

People take such interest (pleasure?) in other people's misfortunes, and want to watch, rather then simply let them get on with their lives. It really bothers me also.

On 12/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, quiXilver said:

why share such news?

it horrifies and/or saddens those who encounter it...

not sure why you share such things friend.

Well quixilver I think that is a very good question, thank you for asking it. Currently around the world people are acting in a very barbaric manner, the reason I share these things my friend is because I am a very strong believer that history will continue to repeat itself.

So if you are offended by that I apologize 

I think usually these things only make the local news. We had a lady in Portland who threw her little children off a bridge.

Lots of selfish people. Some people think of it as a kind of abortion I think.

• Like 1