Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China moon rover to investigate cube-shaped 'mystery house' object


Eldorado
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Yutu-2 rover is on a roll. It's been exploring the far side of the moon since early 2019, as part of China's Chang'e-4 lunar lander mission. It now has its eyes set on a strange-looking cube-shaped object it spotted in the distance.

Andrew Jones, a journalist who covers the Chinese space program for SpaceNews and Space.com, highlighted a new rover update in a series of tweets Friday. The nickname for the cube-shaped object translates to "mystery house." 

MSN

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

The Yutu-2 rover is on a roll. It's been exploring the far side of the moon since early 2019, as part of China's Chang'e-4 lunar lander mission. It now has its eyes set on a strange-looking cube-shaped object it spotted in the distance.

Andrew Jones, a journalist who covers the Chinese space program for SpaceNews and Space.com, highlighted a new rover update in a series of tweets Friday. The nickname for the cube-shaped object translates to "mystery house." 

MSN

Dice.

Alien dice. 

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The resolution doesn't look that good. Things that look weird in poor resolution often look normal in good resolution, compare with how astronomers once thought they saw canals on Mars, or with the face on Mars.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fred_mc said:

The resolution doesn't look that good. Things that look weird in poor resolution often look normal in good resolution, compare with how astronomers once thought they saw canals on Mars, or with the face on Mars.

I wonder what you think about this post of mine:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/349483-seeing-things-on-mars-a-history-of-martian-illusions/#comment-7272076

And then scroll down to see my post where I posted about finding the link.

10406887_824712230900206_325061843326762128_n.thumb.jpg.908bf793ba3e45062914e8e1a4602f63.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to any official public release photos as the Chinese rover gets closer in a few days.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it was Nasa on Mars it would have never went to investigate, making sure they'd call out Pareidolia.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I wonder what you think about this post of mine:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/349483-seeing-things-on-mars-a-history-of-martian-illusions/#comment-7272076

And then scroll down to see my post where I posted about finding the link.

10406887_824712230900206_325061843326762128_n.thumb.jpg.908bf793ba3e45062914e8e1a4602f63.jpg

Looks interesting to me but I'm not an expert. I would think that if it really was something, it would be mentioned in more places than just social media sites and UFO sites (as one person wrote). It was several billions of years ago that there were conditions for life on Mars. Those conditions didn't last for very long and it was probably quite cold since Mars is further from the sun than earth, and the sun was shining weaker then than now. If a civilization after all developed, all traces would have eroded away by now. Therefore, if we would find traces of for example buildings on Mars, I think it would have to be from an alien civilization having been there much more recently, who would have had to use a lot of technology to stay alive, just like we would have to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Has the rover got there yet?

Apparently it takes a month due to bad terrain

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Shapes like that would not be uncommon on an airless  place.  Rocks often break in common geometric shapes but on a planet with an atmosphere the winds erode those shapes over time. A rock on earth that was shaped by some sort of cataclysmic shattering into a near perfect cube would not last for all that long on a planetary scale. Give it a million years and it will possibly be little more than dust or a smaller rounded rock. Erosion on an airless plant can exist but it is many times slower than on a planet with atmosphere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/14/2021 at 5:55 AM, qxcontinuum said:

Apparently it takes a month due to bad terrain

So they should have arrived by now.

If not, the rover could have taken some photos from afar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Abramelin said:

So they should have arrived by now.

If not, the rover could have taken some photos from afar.

The silence doesn't mean good for us. If nothing was found they would state false alert as they did with the gel substance which turned out to be glass. 

Now with this one, complete silence...

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

The silence doesn't mean good for us. If nothing was found they would state false alert as they did with the gel substance which turned out to be glass. 

Now with this one, complete silence...

This video ( posted on December 9 2021) tells us it will take 3 months to arrive at the cube:

 

 

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3158627/chinas-lunar-rover-yutu-2-mission-investigate-mystery-object-far

Quote from link:

(Posted on December 6, 2021) :

"The lunar rover, which has an average speed of less than 1 metre for each Earth day, operates during the lunar day, which lasts for 14 days. It goes into hibernation for the lunar night, also 14 days. It would take several months for it to reach the object, the report said."

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The "mystery hut," or "house," spotted by China's Yutu-2 rover on the far side of the moon turns out to be -- drumroll, please -- a rock.

That's not exactly a surprise, but it's an amusing conclusion to the lunar enigma that entranced so many of us in December.

Once again, Andrew Jones, a journalist who covers the Chinese space program for SpaceNews and Space.com, alerted me to the latest rover team update with a tweet on Friday, describing the conclusion to the saga as "so underwhelming it's brilliant."

It turns out the cube-shaped "hut" is a small lumpy rock sitting on a crater rim. It just happened to look much bigger and more mysterious in the rover's first image. After getting closer and getting some perspective, the rover was able to reveal the object's true nature.

MSN

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"It just happened to look much bigger and more mysterious in the rover's first image. After getting closer and getting some perspective, the rover was able to reveal the object's true nature."

How is it possible that that rock looked bigger in the first photo?

Do Chinese cameras have a 'fata morgana' problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.