Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China moon rover to investigate cube-shaped 'mystery house' object

Eldorado

It just happened 

"'Mystery hut' spotted by China's moon rover gets an explanation - CNET" https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/mystery-hut-spotted-by-chinas-moon-rover-gets-an-explanation/

• Like 2

Something that appears to be the size of a tool shed from miles away turns out to be a small rock?  How can anyone accept this as anything but odd?

I know NASA LRO knows and isn’t saying a thing.

Edited by DreadLordAvatar

1 hour ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Something that appears to be the size of a tool shed from miles away turns out to be a small rock?  How can anyone accept this as anything but odd?

Well, normally I would not agree with you... but now I do.

The moon has no atmosphere, so nothing should appear larger, or distorted from a distance.

:unsure2:

9 minutes ago, bigjonalien said:

Not another 'weather balloon'

Yeah, that would be bloody obvious, there being no 'weather' on the moon.

Anyone thinking that this was a mystery is a little bit silly.

’Rock on a rocky planetary body looks rocky but square, what could it be!?’

Probably a rock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Anyone thinking that this was a mystery is a little bit silly.

’Rock on a rocky planetary body looks rocky but square, what could it be!?’

Probably a rock.

It didn't have to be anything 'alien', it could have been something left or crashed from a previous mission.

But yeah, now it appears to be just a rock.

On 1/7/2022 at 9:56 PM, Eldorado said:

The "mystery hut," or "house," spotted by China's Yutu-2 rover on the far side of the moon turns out to be -- drumroll, please -- a rock.

Ah, but is it?

Or is it an alien rabbit?  :o

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10386183/Mystery-hut-Moon-rabbit-shaped-rock-scientists-reveal.html

At least the Chinese thought it was worth rolling for weeks in that direction to look at it closer. If it was NASA, they would probably just have thought "Nah, that's just a rock, nothing to spend time on. Those guys claiming something else on the Internet are just weirdos.".

On 1/10/2022 at 2:58 AM, DreadLordAvatar said:

To address the last first, are you saying the NASA LRO project has contrary/secret information?  Did you know that you (or anyone with a decent enough antenna system) can intercept the LRO signals and put all the little bits into your very own image files?  And that NASA often releases huge swathes of data to the public to get help with poring over the imagery to spot any genuine anomalies?  No, I suspect you don't.

So how are they keeping it all 'secret'?

Anyway, the issue here is called  ......  perspective (also look up 'foreshortening')...  Appearance can be very deceiving - in this case the thing was 'closer' than it looked, thus it initially appeared a bit larger than it really was.  The apparent (or 'angular') sizes from a distance versus the size when closer, totally depend on:

- the field of view of the lens/camera (ie is it fisheye, wide angle, 'normal', telephoto..)

- the actual size of the object and its apparent angular size due to the aforesaid perspective thingy

- the angle of view (looking up at it or down or straight on)

- the relative distances

I would go through the maths, but I suspect you would quickly fall asleep.  If anyone really really wants to go through it, just ask.  Nicely.

Anyway, it's clearly a bunny rabbit, carrots to the right, bunnypoop pellets to the left.

• Like 2