Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New York moves to allow 800,000 noncitizens to vote in local elections

docyabut2

• The title was changed to President Biden

Your story is behind a pay wall …. typical Republican. Nothing should be free, or easy, or fair, or Democratic. 

If they have a drivers license, let them vote their hearts out. Maybe it will inspire them to become citizens and stay. Someone has to help pay for the aging baby boomers, and the Trump family is not going to help pay. We know that ….

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• The title was changed to New York moves to allow 800,000 noncitizens to vote in local elections
57 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Your story is behind a pay wall …. typical Republican. Nothing should be free, or easy, or fair, or Democratic. 

If they have a drivers license, let them vote their hearts out. Maybe it will inspire them to become citizens and stay. Someone has to help pay for the aging baby boomers, and the Trump family is not going to help pay. We know that ….

You're a madman. There isn't a single logical reason to allow non-citizens to vote and we know darn well how this narrative plays out if they were assumed to vote red. Why can't we all just agree on simple, logical rules? Must be a citizen to vote nationally and a resident to vote locally. There is no reasonable argument against that but go ahead let's see what you got. 

• Like 4

Legal residents shouldn't be allowed to vote for their local government?  That's a very anti-democracy stance...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

“Our City, Our Vote” would add a new chapter to the city’s charter, creating a separate municipal voter registration with provisions that would allow New Yorkers with green cards and work authorization to vote.

https://www.silive.com/news/2021/11/more-than-800000-non-citizens-could-be-eligible-to-vote-in-local-elections-with-new-legislation.html

• Like 1

You have to be a U.S. Citizen to vote and that's the law.

https://www.usa.gov/who-can-vote

Fifteenth Amendment, Section 1:

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude–

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

You have to be a U.S. Citizen to vote and that's the law.

https://www.usa.gov/who-can-vote

Fifteenth Amendment, Section 1:

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude–

There is no law prohibiting legal residents from voting in local elections.

In 1996, the U.S. Congress passed a law prohibiting noncitizens from voting in federal elections, such as U.S. House, U.S. Senate, and presidential elections. Federal law did not address state or local elections.[1]

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_permitting_noncitizens_to_vote_in_the_United_States

• Like 1

9 hours ago, F3SS said:

There is no reasonable argument against that but go ahead let's see what you got. 

I’ll take 50 “illegal,” wanna-be citizens over just one of those illegal, Nazi “citizens” who showed up on January 6th.

Freedom is more precious to the handful of “illegals” yearning to be free than all these monsters who have become the Republican Party. Their idea of “freedom” is to steal everyone else’s, so some two-bit tyrant can be made into a dictator.

Spare me your simple minded defense, of the lies that you cling to.

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

this is more moronic thinking by the left idiots.    

So you think it's moronic that people living in a town legally be able to vote for their mayor?  That's some idiotic stuff right there. 

• Confused 1

I support this as a logical first step to blue states opening voting up to non residents. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I support this as a logical first step to blue states opening voting up to non residents. 

Strawman much?  What a stupid comment.

9 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

So you think it's moronic that people living in a town legally be able to vote for their mayor?  That's some idiotic stuff right there. 

If they are not citizens, than yes it is moronic to allow them to vote.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Strawman much?  What a stupid comment.

Seems kinda of xenophobic to allow non citizens to vote but refuse non residents citizens the same privilege……

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Myles said:

If they are not citizens, than yes it is moronic to allow them to vote.  

They are legal residents!  It's a damn mayor, not the President.  I personally think you should have to take an IQ test, and meet a certain threshold to be able to vote.  At least legal immigrants are usually well educated people with sought after skills.  Can't say the same for must of UM...

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Seems kinda of xenophobic to allow non citizens to vote but refuse non residents citizens the same privilege……

Ah, and I bet you're just the poster boy of inclusion.  

• Like 1

Just now, Agent0range said:

Ah, and I bet you're just the poster boy of inclusion.  

If I was better looking maybe.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

I’ll take 50 “illegal,” wanna-be citizens over just one of those illegal, Nazi “citizens” who showed up on January 6th.

Freedom is more precious to the handful of “illegals” yearning to be free than all these monsters who have become the Republican Party. Their idea of “freedom” is to steal everyone else’s, so some two-bit tyrant can be made into a dictator.

Spare me your simple minded defense, of the lies that you cling to.

You took my madman and raised me a raving lunatic. True to form. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

They are legal residents!  It's a damn mayor, not the President.  I personally think you should have to take an IQ test, and meet a certain threshold to be able to vote.  At least legal immigrants are usually well educated people with sought after skills.  Can't say the same for must of UM...

The are not citizens.   

On 12/4/2021 at 7:42 PM, Agent0range said:

Can't say the same for must of UM...

Pot... Kettle...

Probably should look over your post before posting, especially if you're implying how smart you are.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2021 at 7:51 PM, F3SS said:

You took my madman and raised me a raving lunatic. True to form. 

I wouldn't call him a lunatic, just a doddering old creepy fool.

Its pure gold when he leans in and whispers emphatically into the microphones.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Pot... Kettle...

Probably should look over your post before posting, especially if you're implying how smart you are.

Check those dies buddy.

Someone want to post a link to an article about it that ISN'T behind a paywall?

I'd like more information.

Nibs