Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bright flash and loud explosion over Natanz

DarkHunter

With the past hour a bright flash of light and a large explosion occured over the Iranian Natanz nuclear facility.

Some Iranian outlets are reporting about it already.  Unconfirmed rumors that all of Iran's nuclear sites have been put under high alert.

Not a lot of information out yet as this just occured.

Apparently Nour, an Iranian news outlet, is reporting a missile was launched near the nuclear facility, they are saying it was a rapid reaction test for the air defense system around the Natanz facility.  I'm assuming by missile they mean an anti-air missile.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Seems a bit odd that a scheduled test would include activating high alert for the rest of Iran's nuke sites.  I follow a Blog concerned with Israel, among other things and the creator has intel contacts that have helped him nail some serious events down prior to them making the news.  He's convinced that Israel is preparing to go alone and soon.  He said the world would first be aware of it - as well as the Iranian military - when Iran went dark and quiet, suddenly.

• Like 1

It seems that for a supposed anti-air missile test conducted under secure conditions no notam was issued which seems a bit odd, especially with Iran's current record of firing off anti-air missiles.  

Once the sun rises in a couple hours and satellites pass over the area whether this was just a snap air defense test or something more serious will be known.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

no notam was issued

That could be quite telling.  I realize that area probably doesn't have a high volume of traffic but after killing those civilians not long ago, surely they'd have learned SOMETHING.

2 hours ago, and then said:

That could be quite telling.  I realize that area probably doesn't have a high volume of traffic but after killing those civilians not long ago, surely they'd have learned SOMETHING.

It seems at the time of the explosion their was a civilian airliner relatively close to Natanz, about 60 miles away.  Not super close but close enough that depending on the anti-air missile used the plane could of been in danger if something went wrong.  Given that the explosion was loud enough to be heard from a decent distance and it caused a bright flash does suggest a larger anti-air missile used.

Hearing some people questioning the reporting of the incident.  It seems most if not every Iranian news source said the same exact thing word for word, as if they were reading off a script supplied by the government.  I dont know if that is true as I do not know the language but have heard talk pointing it out.

Also hearing speculation from various online sources that a drone was targeted over the nuclear facility, no real evidence for that other than the lack of notam and doing a snap missile launch drill at night which are a bit odd.

• Like 2

From satellite images there is no noticable damage to the Natanz facility.  At this point only three possibilities really remain.  Either it was a snap air defense drill with a firing of an anti-air missile, or something was flying over Natanz and Iran fired at it, or lastly nothing was flying over Natanz but something scared the air defense enough for them to fire a missile off.  Guess its theoretically possible there was some extreme hacking and someone hacked into Iran's air defense system and fired off a missile but that is extremely unlikely.

Between the three main possibilities it will be hard to determine what the truth.  In my opinion I'm leaning more towards the second one given the recent report of Mossad using drones to drop off explosives to dissidents inside the nuclear facility in the past.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Rumor has it that the IRGC and Hizballah are building an underground base about 30 miles north and east of the Damascus International Airport.  If Israel strikes the town of Al-Dimas, we'll know the rumor has been confirmed.