Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Experts use AI and Computer vision to determine if the famous 1967 Patterson-Gimlin film is real

jethrofloyd

12 minutes ago, Resume said:

Not to establish a taxon it isn't

Not this bigfoot shibboleth again.  The Innocence Project specializes in helping the wrongfully convicted get released often due to flawed testimony.  This is why anecdotes are considered **** evidence

Indeed. Proof is the purview of mathmatics, not science; science tests hypotheses and comes to provisional conclusions based upon the evidence.  So far, footie hasn't even risen to the level of hypothesis.

At this point any minute this is where the empty handed BF true believer starts down the rabbit hole that footie is some magical alien interdimensional shape shifting something another.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Testimony is considered evidence

This is the only thing worth rebutting, as the rest is the same whine.

This 'testimony=evidence' claim is utter bull****e.

1. Yes, anecdotes MAY be considered in a court of law, but in science / research they are virtually worthless.

2. Even when courts do 'accept' testimony, that is only in cases where there is a crime to be solved*, and you are very unlikely to be convicted on testimony alone.

* There's no 'crime' here - so someone's testimony might ONLY become of value if they were standing on a dead bigfoot, or if they showed us a valid DNA test and analysis done on one of dem moose oops bigfoot hairs.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChrLzs said:

This is the only thing worth rebutting, as the rest is the same whine.

This 'testimony=evidence' claim is utter bull****e.

1. Yes, anecdotes MAY be considered in a court of law, but in science / research they are virtually worthless.

2. Even when courts do 'accept' evidence, that is only in cases where there is a crime to be solved*, and you are very unlikely to be convicted on testimony alone.

In other words, someone's testimony might become of value if they were standing on a dead bigfoot, or if they showed us a valid DNA test and analysis done on one of dem moose oops bigfoot hairs.

It's hard to fathom in this day and age that people are unaware just how unreliable eyewitness testimony is, and how many convictions are turned over due to flawed testimony.  Also too, how poor anecdotes are as scientific evidence, and why the aren't used to established novel taxons.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Oh and I noticed this... an interesting claim:

People have been convicted of murder with nothing but testimony.

So, Oversword, care to give the very best example you can find of this?  I'd like to look at the entirety of the case, so we can see the relevance to Phootie...

I'm guessing 'no' will be the answer, but I live in hope of a good debate from you one day.....

Edited by ChrLzs
sigh, why do quotes get blank lines???? grrr.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

At this point any minute this is where the empty handed BF true believer starts down the rabbit hole that footie is some magical alien interdimensional shape shifting something another.

It's amazing that scientists could do the science and determine the region, and where in the strata to dig and find the 375 Mya transitional fossil Tiktaalik, yet bigfoot enthusiasts can't figure out where to find a 6-9-ft bipedal ape that is alleged to range from Florida to Alaska, and all states, provinces and territories in between.  Now how exactly does that work?.  Think of that. 

Edited by Resume
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Resume said:

Absence of evidence is indeed evidence where evidence is necessarily expected as it would be for a breeding population of continentally distributed 6-9-ft bipedal apes

Oh, really...? 

I believe they made the same argument about the black panther in the UK that is not supposed to exist but does. 
Ditto the black panther in the Carolinas US. You *think* you know what you are talking about. And therein lies the danger.

Also, on another note, BF could be an interdimensional character.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Oh, really...? 

I believe they made the same argument about the black panther in the UK that is not supposed to exist but does. 
Ditto the black panther in the Carolinas US. You *think* you know what you are talking about. And therein lies the danger.

Some people think ( or lied about )  geller took spoons with him onto the carson show...

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

How ridiculous.

Everyone knows it is made up of quantum particles.  That changes everything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Oh, really...? 

Absolutely..  Biological creatures leave physical evidence of their passing,  Scat, p***, blood, hair, bones . . . You don't know this?  I mean I keep coming back to the apparent fact that you don't know this.  It's basic biology.  Any hunter worth their salt knows you set up a blind on an active game trail with fresh biological sign; if you're hunting deer, and you don't see fresh scat, you look for another place to set your stand, because they ain't there.  Jesus Christ this is basic.

Sure sure sure.  Show me a black panther in the UK.  You know, beyond an escaped exotic pet, or forced perspective black alley cat photos.  Please show me where this panther has been document beyond stories and ambiguous photographs.

Ditto the black panther in the Carolinas US.

See above.  Also see traveling juvenile male cougars. Or maybe even melanistic panthers, but that's a stretch.  

You *think* you know what you are talking about. And therein lies the danger.

Right back at you; you're projecting your own foibles and fears.  You don't even understand that biological entities leave evidence of their passing. I can demonstrate my knowledge with logic, reason and the scientific method, where you rely on stories and fabulism.  

Oh yeah, please demonstrate this alternate dimension, and how footie foo-foo flits to and fro. I'll wait.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, Resume said:

Absolutely..  Biological creatures leave physical evidence of their passing,  Scat, p***, blood, hair, bones . . . You don't know this?  I mean I keep coming back to the apparent fact that you don't know this.  It's basic biology.  Any hunter worth their salt knows you set up a blind on an active game trail with fresh biological sign; if you're hunting deer, and you don't see fresh scat, you look for another place to set your stand, because they ain't there.  Jesus Christ this is basic.

Sure sure sure.  Show me a black panther in the UK.  You know, beyond an escaped exotic pet, or forced perspective black alley cat photos.  Please show me where this panther has been document beyond stories and ambiguous photographs.

See above.  Also see traveling juvenile male cougars. Or maybe even melanistic panthers, but that's a stretch.  

Right back at you; you're projecting your own foibles and fears.  You don't even understand that biological entities leave evidence of their passing. I can demonstrate my knowledge with logic, reason and the scientific method, where you rely on stories and fabulism.  

Oh yeah, please demonstrate this alternate dimension, and how footie foo-foo flits to and fro. I'll wait.

Scat, hair, bones...  I'm trying to tell you but you refuse to listen (shocker). All of these evidences for black panther were not present in the UK/Carolinas, 
which was supposed to indicate that black panther did not exist in those regions. But as they moved into the future, it was obvious that black panther *did* exist there. 

But you won't learn, you'll just move the goal posts 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

And you lie about tv shows and get exposed.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Scat, hair, bones...  I'm trying to tell you but you refuse to listen (shocker). All of these evidences for black panther were not present in the UK/Carolinas, 

Proper citations needed.  

which was supposed to indicate that black panther did not exist in those regions. But as they moved into the future, it was obvious that black panther *did* exist there. 

You need to provide citations for these claims. Additionally, and most importantly, you need to make some analogous connection between a wandering cougar (which have been documented) or escaped exotic pets, and a continentally distributed, breeding population of large bipedal apes that leave no trace of their existence.

This is rich.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

How ridiculous.

Everyone knows it is made up of quantum particles.  That changes everything.

Well, you certainly do not have to adhere to that - interdimensional character, but it is a possibility, unless you can prove otherwise.
I get the feeling that you believe that all major scientific discoveries in the universe have already been made by man and therefor,
there is no sense entertaining other possibilities 

The Newton heads must have freaked when they found the need for quantum mechanics. hmmm.... 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Resume said:

Just another claim he has to demonstrate.

I don't have to demonstrate a darn thing. Are you making the posting rules here??

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I don't have to demonstrate a darn thing. Are you making the posting rules here??

You do if you wish to be taken seriously, to demonstrate your intellectual honesty.  No rules, just right.

ETA:  You don't even have to demonstrate, all you need do is provide links/citations you think back your claims. 

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Resume said:

You do if you wish to be taken seriously, to demonstrate your intellectual honesty.  No rules, just right.

ETA:  You don't even have to demonstrate, all you need do is provide links/citations you think back your claims. 

Hes been in some looney unhinged meltdown since exposed as a liar in that geller thread.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You demonstrated you lie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Resume said:

So I have to provide links to string theory, the multiverse, interdimensional travel...? 

Yeah, really...?  :lol:

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
reword
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

So I have to provide links to string theory, the multiverse, interdimensional travel...? 

It would be polite to.  You would be demonstrating good faith, in that you were genuinely here to find the truly unsolved mysteries.

Like I said, I can dream...

46 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

there is no sense entertaining other possibilities

In what way, precisely, is interdimensionality a possibility?

If you were here in good faith, you would elucidate.  Ontopic.  Please do so.  And we aren't 'ordering' you, just pointing out the complete loss of credibility that results from such behavior - just trying to help you avoid that.  Might be too late.. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Nope, you don't need to provide a thing, if you don't want anyone to take you seriously.  If you're just making a bong-hit pronouncement, who cares?

But if you're making a claim about the natural world, then yeah.  Yeah, if you're asserting footie is an interdimensional traveller, I'm gonna need a scientific citation for such a monkey.  No offense, but I don't think your CV is going to suffice here; quantum mechanics, string theory aren't just buzzwords for wooists.  As Richard Feyman said about quantum theory: "I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics," and of course as you surely understand, string theory is not robust, and not yet "finished."  

Edited by Resume
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

In what way, precisely, is interdimensionality a possibility?

@ EoT. Yes please.

Also too, citations for the claim that panthers were confirmed in the UK sans any physical evidence.  Please do not link to forced perspective kitty cat photos because I've seen those.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No, that's been solely your M.O. That whole "mystery DNA" thread was rather entertaining.

Maybe just sit things out for a while. You know, just maybe take a break.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

No, that's been solely your M.O. That whole "mystery DNA" thread was rather entertaining.

Maybe just sit things out for a while. You know, just maybe take a break.

You mean the 99% human (whatever that means) DNA that no one could produce any corroboration for aside from some claims made on a TV program?  No links to relevant papers, the lab that did the sequencing, the results so that others may run the blasts to replicate them . . . that one?

Edited by Resume
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Resume said:

@ EoT. Yes please.

Also too, citations for the claim that panthers were confirmed in the UK sans any physical evidence.  Please do not link to forced perspective kitty cat photos because I've seen those.

I think it would be amusing to have a rule that if two or more people ask for a citation for a claim, then the claimant (aka @Earl.Of.Trumps) must either:

1. Supply a supporting cite.. OR ..

2. Withdraw the claim or admit it was a wild-mule guess.

In a similar vein, over on this thread, Earl, I'm nearly up to the part of the analysis that will look at the alleged speed of the aircraft trails - remember how you said, after watching that time-lapse video, and amongst other similar claims, that:

At their speed - faster than regular aircraft, I would suggest that these crafts are not waiting to land.

But in fact you seem to be blissfully unaware how time lapse works and at what effective speed the video is running at...

So, this sort of ill-thought out claim seems to be repeated wherever @Earl.Of.Trumps goes.

Anyway, EoT, you might want to be preparing your rebuttal, so I thought I'd give you a polite heads up - let's see those logic and photogrammetry and maths skills...

• Like 2