Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Experts use AI and Computer vision to determine if the famous 1967 Patterson-Gimlin film is real


jethrofloyd
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/9/2022 at 10:31 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Oh, really...? 

I believe they made the same argument about the black panther in the UK that is not supposed to exist but does. 
Ditto the black panther in the Carolinas US. You *think* you know what you are talking about. And therein lies the danger.

Also, on another note, BF could be an interdimensional character.

So now you are telling us that an animal that is not native to an area and exists in very small numbers can be found in a short period of time?

That seems to conflict with the search for bigfoot.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So now you are telling us that an animal that is not native to an area and exists in very small numbers can be found in a short period of time?

That seems to conflict with the search for bigfoot.

I just want the citation for the claim that panthers are established (sans physical evidence) in the UK.  I also want to know what EoT's definition of panther is. Just for starters.  Again, if he's just pulling stuff from his rectal duct for ****s and giggles, then who cares; he's just not equipped for these kinds of conversations.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Resume said:

I just want the citation for the claim that panthers are established (sans physical evidence) in the UK.  I also want to know what EoT's definition of panther is. Just for starters.  Again, if he's just pulling stuff from his rectal duct for ****s and giggles, then who cares; he's just not equipped for these kinds of conversations.

I agree he makes things up all of the time including his past experiences.

I admit I didn't bother checking on the existence of large cats in the UK. I have seen trail cams of Carolina mountain lions. They are transient cats.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

I agree he makes things up all of the time including his past experiences.

I admit I didn't bother checking on the existence of large cats in the UK. I have seen trail cams of Carolina mountain lions. They are transient cats.

Well, I never claimed there weren't transient cats in the Carolinas; in fact I acknowledged the possibility. I just wanted him to cite the evidence he thinks he has.  Too, the evidence that establishes "panthers" in the UK.  I would be pleasantly surprised if he had more than just photos of large black alley cats. But neither is analogous to a continentally distributed breeding population of 6-9-ft bipedal apes that leave no biological traces of their passing.  Directed at EoT, not you

Edited by Resume
clarity
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Resume said:

You mean the 99% human (whatever that means) DNA that no one could produce any corroboration for aside from some claims made on a TV program?  No links to relevant papers, the lab that did the sequencing, the results so that others may run the blasts to replicate them . . . that one?

Lol, yes that one. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is some evidence for big cats in the UK that has been published in peer-reviewed literature. It doesn't necessarily indicate established populations though.

https://cryptozoologicalreferencelibrary.files.wordpress.com/2022/01/coard-2007.pdf

https://cryptozoologicalreferencelibrary.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/blake-et-al.-2014.pdf

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carnoferox said:

There is some evidence for big cats in the UK that has been published in peer-reviewed literature. It doesn't necessarily indicate established populations though.

https://cryptozoologicalreferencelibrary.files.wordpress.com/2022/01/coard-2007.pdf

https://cryptozoologicalreferencelibrary.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/blake-et-al.-2014.pdf

I believe that poster was referring to a black panther, whereas both these papers seem to focus on medium size felids like lynx and bobcat.  At any rate, as you noted, breeding populations of these do not seem to be indicated.  

Edited by Resume
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2022 at 4:12 AM, Resume said:

I believe that poster was referring to a black panther, whereas both these papers seem to focus on medium size felids like lynx and bobcat.  

I suppose we need clarification on what species a "panther" is supposed to be. Often times it refers to a cougar, leopard, or jaguar, but it's also used as a generic term for any unidentified big cat. Melanistic lynxes have been documented so they're not out of the question yet.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/black-bobcat-melanistic-christmas-1.3913761

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2022 at 4:30 AM, Carnoferox said:

I suppose we need clarification on what species a "panther" is supposed to be. Often times it refers to a cougar, leopard, or jaguar, but it's also used as a generic term for any unidentified big cat. Melanistic lynxes have been documented so they're not out of the question yet.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/black-bobcat-melanistic-christmas-1.3913761

Certainly.  I asked that particular poster what he considers a (black) panther to be to make matters clear; there's a whole bunch of Panthera.  Never heard of a melanistic cougar though.  Still, most of the photos of big black cats seem to be just that: big black cats.  I'll reiterate though that a documented black jaguar in the UK would be awesome, unless you were a sheep.  Or a goat.  Or a chicken.  Or an unlucky human on a nightly constitutional.

That photo is just so cool.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But back on topic with the PG film.  Has there ever been an attempted explanation how this alleged animal was sighted/recorded but no further ventures into that area ever produced anything else?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Trelane said:

But back on topic with the PG film.  Has there ever been an attempted explanation how this alleged animal was sighted/recorded but no further ventures into that area ever produced anything else?

Nope,

Patterson after the film producted track casts but they didnt match the foot on the costume in his film, there were a lot of questions and people who doubted his story about going back for the casts.

Neither gimlin or patterson were what i would call "sissys" and they just allegedly filmed an unknown creature, did they track it into the brush? Nope, they got in a hurry to get the film developed which has a shady shaky timeline.

.when the PGF came out not surprising sightings sky rocketed, the area was over run with bigfoot hunters yet zero for physical evidence.

Then we get the landslide of lame weak  excuses to answer your question, why no one except patterson could make such a film.

Heres something else, look at alleged Bigfoot pix and videos none match, i dont mean known fake tripe like ivan marx would do but look at any collection of pictures the blurry messes claimed to be BF never look like the next pix or the PGF subject.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.