Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nunes to resign from Congress, become CEO of Trump media firm

OverSword

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), a key Donald Trump ally who was poised to be the chairman of the powerful Ways and Means Committee if Republicans win back the House in 2022, said Monday he will resign at the end of this month to become CEO of the former president's new media and technology company. 

“Recently, I was presented with a new opportunity to fight for the most important issues I believe in. I’m writing to let you know I’ve decided to pursue this opportunity, and therefore I will be leaving the House of Representatives at the end of 2021,” Nunes told constituents. 

“Rest assured, I have not, by any means, given up our collective fight — I’ll just be pursuing it through other means,” he added.

Nunes, 48, is slated to begin his new role in January as CEO of Trump Media & Technology Group or TMTG, which is billing itself as an alternative to Big Tech. Trump and conservatives have spent the past year railing against Silicon Valley social media and tech firms, which they accuse of engaging in censorship and cancel culture.   

“Congressman Devin Nunes is a fighter and a leader. He will make an excellent CEO of TMTG,” Trump said in a statement. “Devin understands that we must stop the liberal media and Big Tech from destroying the freedoms that make America great. America is ready for TRUTH Social and the end to censorship and political discrimination.”

Link

:huh:

I don't think that I can expect more truth from a media company owned by a person so paranoid he actually believes he won the election, than I can from the MSM.  

• Like 4

Good riddance.  I hope the Californians vote in someone less partisan and divisive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I don't think that I can expect more truth from a media company owned by a person so paranoid he actually believes he won the election, than I can from the MSM.  

Why try to sell truth when what people want to buy is confirmation? 

• Like 2

Just now, Tatetopa said:

Why try to sell truth when what people want to buy is confirmation? 

Integrity? :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Integrity?

Are you dredging up values from the old days?  It would be nice if that came back into fashion..

• Like 1

Ironic that it will be called "Truth" social media from someone who lies so. 

Trump doesn't like to be criticized and will ban any who speak against him. We have seen him fire, end careers, and childishly bash those who "dared" speak a word against him.

So to believe his social media will allow criticizing him in any way shape ort form won't happen. Mark my words.

He will be the poster child of hypocrisy to the social media organizations who banned him. Just watch.

• Like 4

I will give TMTG one year, then it will be history.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, toast said:

I will give TMTG one year, then it will be history.

Optimistic aren't you.

• Haha 1

I honestly think he will have an easier time suing his internet cow and his mom out of office.  Politicians are expected to face a level of ridicule and tolerate it because of the office that Nunes just couldn't handle.