Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Migration Expert Describes Mass Deaths

el midgetron

“There’s more vultures out there than I’ve seen in anywhere in the world,” Yon told a December 7 meeting arranged by the Center for Immigration Studies. He continued:

We think about 10 percent of the people that go through [the Darien Gap jungle] die. There’s no way for us to know the true numbers, because we don’t know how many leave [Columbia] and we don’t know how many actually come out through [into Panama].

But after being down there for months, and interviewing just tons of people — hundreds — I’m going to guess 10 percent die out there. And if 100,000 people came through this year, that’s 10,000 people [dead].

So you can imagine how much those vultures have to eat. And I’m not sure if that’s why the vultures are there. But it’s a strange amount of vultures.

Should be cued, if not it starts at about the 18 minute mark. 

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/12/08/watch-migration-expert-describes-mass-deaths-on-joe-bidens-trail-of-tears/

• Sad 4

Breitbart Texas reviewed detention records for the Border Patrol in Yuma, Arizona, showing the sector is currently detaining more than 2,800 migrants at stations and processing facilities. The sector, according to a source within CBP, is detaining three times their normal capacity and more than 8 times the recommended levels related to the pandemic.

The records provided to Breitbart Texas show the sector has the capacity to detain slightly more than 900 migrants in holding cells. The source says there are migrants awaiting transport in the field. More are being detained at outdoor sally port loading areas around the stations to alleviate overcrowding.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2021/12/07/exclusive-border-patrol-facilities-in-yuma-at-800-covid-19-capacity/

2 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Now this is not surprising considering the source, but I am still a bit surprised that you would use an organization founded by a While Nationalist. Do you ever feel guilty for using sites like this to promote your own beliefs?

I think its a bit sad posting threads like this that are so bias that there are no facts or usable information that isn't contaminated by Bias.

Really Sad dude!:no:

Center for Immigration Studies - Right Bias - Hate Group - Conservative - Questionable - Fake News - Not Credible

Factual Reporting: Low - Not Credible - Not Reliable - Fake News - Bias

• Overall, we rate Center for immigration studies  a questionable source based on publishing misleading information (propaganda) regarding immigration, as well as ties either directly or indirectly to the John Tanton Network, who is a known White Nationalist. 

Detailed Report

Reasoning: Extreme Right, Anti-Immigration Propaganda, Misleading Claims
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180

History

Launched in 1985, (CIS) was founded by John Tanton, a retired ophthalmologist who is also known as the founder of Numbers USA and the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), that is collectively known as the John Tanton Network. John Tanton believes maintaining an American culture requires “a European-American majority,” and according to the Southern Poverty Law Center he is a prominent figure in the white-nationalist movement.  

Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)

Below is a investigation that was carried out by George Town University 

IMPACT: The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) is an anti-immigration research organization founded in 1985 that advocates a reduction in immigration numbers. CIS was founded by environmentalist, nativist, and anti-immigration activist John Tanton, who was also instrumental in founding the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), and NumbersUSA. CIS policy stances include a revision of policy on birthright citizenship, support for public charge rules, and opposition to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA), sanctuary city jurisdictions, and family-based immigration, which it refers to as chain migration. CIS has promoted anti-Muslim rhetoric and shares endorsements from anti-Muslim figures, including former U.S. Attorney General and Senator Jeff Sessions and Frank Gaffney. The Trump administration has close ties to CIS and has referred to its research in speeches, television advertisements, and advocation of the Muslim Ban.

Factsheet: Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) - Bridge Initiative (georgetown.edu)

• Like 2

@Manwon Lender

I am curious about what the relationship is between the first post link and his second post link as they are not in the same country nor is the second link relevant to deaths by lost in a jungle to crossing a sand dune and no one getting lost and being held in detention?:huh:

Edited by jmccr8

58 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

@Manwon Lender

I am curious about what the relationship is between the first post link and his second post link as they are not in the same country nor is the second link relevant to deaths by lost in a jungle to crossing a sand dune and no one getting lost and being held in detention?:huh:

I am unable to explain his thoughts on the subject, but it’s actually a great question though!:unsure:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am unable to explain his thoughts on the subject, but it’s actually a great question though!:unsure:

Hi Manwon

Thanks, I guess it’s just the way my mind works so when I see someone making abstract to me inferences I wonder what the underlying purpose it serves.

Both are concerning for different reasons so what relationships is he seeing and wanting to express in a direct manner that I am not seeing?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Manwon

Thanks, I guess it’s just the way my mind works so when I see someone making abstract to me inferences I wonder what the underlying purpose it serves.

Both are concerning for different reasons so what relationships is he seeing and wanting to express in a direct manner that I am not seeing?

Like you I am unable to understand his thoughts on the subject, the only thing that is obvious based upon the threads he starts is that his views are extreme right-wing. Also the sources he provides in many cases are White Nationalist, just like the sources he used in thread. His first source was from a site that was founder by a White Nationalist, and the second site Breibart News is also a site that is directly associated with the White Nationalist Organization the Alt-Right. 

Now I am not saying he is in anyway affiliated with White Supremacy organizations because I certainly can prove that. But, there is little doubt the sources he prefers to use are certainly affiliated with White Power. 

JIMO

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Now I am not saying he is in anyway affiliated with White Supremacy organizations because I certainly can prove that. But, there is little doubt the sources he prefers to use are certainly affiliated with White Power. 

Hi Manwon

Funny thing happened one day at the pub, as usual I was minding my own business when a fellow of some office at city hole thought I looked like a recruit or something dark hair and completion as I have he wanted me to join the Odessa faction in the US. California to be precise and a Jew that owned a car dealership overhear his conversation to me. This was one of the funniest Friday evening I have ever had, I got offered to use any sportscar on the lot and bbqs to $50g to join the club, ultimately the Jew and I loaded a drunk nazi into a cab and sent him home.:lol:

Edited by jmccr8
I try for grammar Nazi sanity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Manwon

Funny thing happened one day at the pub, as usual I was minding my own business when a fellow of some office at city hole thought I looked like a recruit or something dark hair and completion as I have he wanted me to join the Odessa faction in the US. California to be precise and a Jew that owned a car dealership overhear his conversation to me. This was one of the funniest Friday evening I have ever had, I got offered to use any sportscar on the lot and bbqs to $50g to join the club, ultimately the Jew and I loaded a drunk nazi into a cab and sent him home.:lol:

That’s pretty funny, your far to kind. While I would not have harmed him, I would have certainly left him where he laid. I view people like that as a Virus, and I avoid any contact with them and that will never change I am too old. :yes: 

But that is a hilarious story, thanks for sharing!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That’s pretty funny, your far to kind. While I would not have harmed him, I would have certainly left him where he laid. I view people like that as a Virus, and I avoid any contact with them and that will never change I am too old. :yes: 

Hi Manwon

True as that may be I grew up in an racist community and had some white people thinking I was Metis or First Nations and First Nations people that thought I was trying to be white then tried stabbing me up when they found out that I was white. I had 2 cops beat me unconscious because they thought I was first Nations and had nerve damage to my right hand thumb and fore finger for months afterwards.

I could hate everyone if I wanted to or blame whoever is convenient if I chose to and still at this time in my life I am objective simply because norms do not dismiss abstracts of norms. I did a survey once and the company phoned me to question me because I was an anomaly because of how limited my dependence was on other people to achieve an end and needed to be considered as part of the whole which is something I exercise as a practice as well.

I should add that discretion on my part and doubt on his worked in my favor on permits or favorably in other aspects, I seldom destroy and try to cultivate instead

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Now this is not surprising considering the source, but I am still a bit surprised that you would use an organization founded by a While Nationalist. Do you ever feel guilty for using sites like this to promote your own beliefs?

I once posted on here the Reuters was my news source and wasn't biased. Someone else (I cannot remember who) said that Reuters was biased. I should have challenged him to find ONE biased article that Reuters has ever posted. 

Anyway, the source is always a giveaway to the validity of the news, or at least the left, right, or non biased reporting.

• Like 3

As far as I can tell this is a right wing effort to praise President Biden for trying to keep our border safe.  The will is so strong to come to the US that 10% die risking the dangerous journey. He is detaining record numbers they say and sending people back to wait in Mexico for asylum hearings.  Calling it the Biden Trail of Tears in his honor, but it did not start with him.  Credit where credit is due, the Trump Trail of Tears rolls off the tongue so much better. 

Biden is doing so many things poorly that it is not hard to find real significant policy issues to criticize him about.  To have to dig so deep and then blame Biden for migrants deaths in the jungles of Panama shows a huge lack of  comprehension of how things are actually going in the world and what drives them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

As far as I can tell this is a right wing effort to praise President Biden for trying to keep our border safe.  The will is so strong to come to the US that 10% die risking the dangerous journey. He is detaining record numbers they say and sending people back to wait in Mexico for asylum hearings.  Calling it the Biden Trail of Tears in his honor, but it did not start with him.  Credit where credit is due, the Trump Trail of Tears rolls off the tongue so much better. 

Biden is doing so many things poorly that it is not hard to find real significant policy issues to criticize him about.  To have to dig so deep and then blame Biden for migrants deaths in the jungles of Panama shows a huge lack of  comprehension of how things are actually going in the world and what drives them.

Hi Tatetopa

The OP has nothing to do with the US is why I find the second post confusing as to why his second post is about something that seems non-related.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Manwon

True as that may be I grew up in an racist community and had some white people thinking I was Metis or First Nations and First Nations people that thought I was trying to be white then tried stabbing me up when they found out that I was white. I had 2 cops beat me unconscious because they thought I was first Nations and had nerve damage to my right hand thumb and fore finger for months afterwards.

I could hate everyone if I wanted to or blame whoever is convenient if I chose to and still at this time in my life I am objective simply because norms do not dismiss abstracts of norms. I did a survey once and the company phoned me to question me because I was an anomaly because of how limited my dependence was on other people to achieve an end and needed to be considered as part of the whole which is something I exercise as a practice as well.

I had very good upbringing I was taught to hate no one, and I have lived my life according to those beliefs. However, that doesn’t mean I will turn the other cheek for anyone. I will always trying not to provoke others, but if my attempts fail I will do whatever it takes to walk away, however no matter what occurs it wasn’t done from a perspective of hate or fear. Now I have received a few ass kickings during my life, but I also believe all debts must be repaid:D. So I have always given those who kicked my ass a chance to do it again. But, this time the circumstances were not in their favor, in every case except one I won the second time around, and after getting my ass handed to twice by the same guy I was satisfied that I had enough and never sought him out again!:lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

I once posted on here the Reuters was my news source and wasn't biased. Someone else (I cannot remember who) said that Reuters was biased. I should have challenged him to find ONE biased article that Reuters has ever posted. 

Anyway, the source is always a giveaway to the validity of the news, or at least the left, right, or non biased reporting.

You are certainly right it is a give away, but sadly some people don't care how their sources reflect upon them. You know what they say, if it looks like a tree, and if it smells like a tree, then it must be tree!:D

11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I certainly agree with you, but then I look at the person who started the thread and it all becomes clear.

Peace Tate

11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I had very good upbringing I was taught to hate no one, and I have lived my life according to those beliefs. However, that doesn’t mean I will turn the other cheek for anyone. I will always trying not to provoke others, but if my attempts fail I will do whatever it takes to walk away, however no matter what occurs it wasn’t done from a perspective of hate or fear. Now I have received a few ass kickings during my life, but I also believe all debts must be repaid:D. So I have always given those who kicked my ass a chance to do it again. But, this time the circumstances were not in their favor, in every case except one I won the second time around, and after getting my ass handed to twice by the same guy I was satisfied that I had enough and never sought him out again!:lol:

Hi Manwon

Of course where I grew up baseball bats and hockey sticks were fashion accessories but business is a nut squeeze business, my mom once was aghast when she heard me telling  a gov't agencey " good now I have you right where I want you, 6 of you have me by the balls with a knife in the other hand and know if you cut them off you have nothing left to hang on to, so they are just keeping them warm for me":lol:

PS

I couldn't go around beating 60% of the white racists I knew without affecting other aspects of my life, I worked on projects for everyone from my MP to judges, lawyers, prosecutors , cops or other sociably notable people and discretion is always a part of my way of doing things. I can hurt someone without ever touching them if I chose to learn the internet in that manner, a word was all that was needed

Edited by jmccr8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Manwon

Of course where I grew up baseball bats and hockey sticks were fashion accessories but business is a nut squeeze business, my mom once was aghast when she heard me telling  a gov't agencey " good now I have you right where I want you, 6 of you have me by the balls with a knife in the other hand and know if you cut them off you have nothing left to hang on to, so they are just keeping them warm for me":lol:

My father always believed that a man should know how to defend himself. So he had me join a Taekwondo School in St. Louis, the school was known as The Black Belt Association of Karate and my instructor was Mr. Fred Wren. Fred was a US National Champion so our school fought in tournaments when ever it was possible. By the time I was a teenager, I was very capable of taking care of myself so I never used bats or any other type of weapons. Like I said I tried to avoid situations where I would have to fight, but once someone put their hands on me all bets were off. Taking Karate was the best thing that ever happened to me, because I learned to control my temper, it also served me very well when I joined the Military.

The story you told above is pretty funny, I bet your poor mother was at wits end. In St, Louis at the time their were a few large well known Motor Cycle Gangs, I never had any problems with them because I always minded my own business. They use to make people walk the plank and that was the end for those idiots. I just have no idea why people would screw with those people, it was always a lose lose situation. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

My father always believed that a man should know how to defend himself. So he had me join a Taekwondo School in St. Louis, the school was known as The Black Belt Association of Karate and my instructor was Mr. Fred Wren. Fred was a US National Champion so our school fought in tournaments when ever it was possible. By the time I was a teenager, I was very capable of taking care of myself so I never used bats or any other type of weapons. Like I said I tried to avoid situations where I would have to fight, but once someone put their hands on me all bets were off. Taking Karate was the best thing that ever happened to me, because I learned to control my temper, it also served me very well when I joined the Military.

The story you told above is pretty funny, I bet your poor mother was at wits end. In St, Louis at the time their were a few large well known Motor Cycle Gangs, I never had any problems with them because I always minded my own business. They use to make people walk the plank and that was the end for those idiots. I just have no idea why people would screw with those people, it was always a lose lose situation. 

Hi Manwon

We had different lives, I was not allowed to defend myself and if I looked like I had been in a fight I got beat so my training was learn how to take it before you dish it out When I left home things were different because I walked alone and watched my back, lots of times guys want to make a show and at that time considering what I did as a social activity would work them into a indifferent frame of mind and just happenstance showing up somewhere where it's just me and them no stories told.

I don't hate anyone although I do have certain trust issues I try to be objective, 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Manwon

We had different lives, I was not allowed to defend myself and if I looked like I had been in a fight I got beat so my training was learn how to take it before you dish it out When I left home things were different because I walked alone and watched my back, lots of times guys want to make a show and at that time considering what I did as a social activity would work them into a indifferent frame of mind and just happenstance showing up somewhere where it's just me and them no stories told.

I don't hate anyone although I do have certain trust issues I try to be objective, 

Yes we certainly had different lives, but I can understand your trust issues that would certainly be a normal response. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

@Manwon Lender

They both illustrate the human consequence of the crisis at the border. 

Your last part about “no one getting lost” is something you just made up. Obviously, those who end up in detention were not among those to get lost. Even Texas land owners find the bodies of those who get lost.

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Calling it the Biden Trail of Tears in his honor, but it did not start with him.  Credit where credit is due, the Trump Trail of Tears rolls off the tongue so much better. 

Which is exactly why I didn’t include that in the title of this thread. I was hoping for some bipartisan discussion about the consequences of illegal immigration. I thought it important enough to exclude partisan blame.

I should have known better, One side of the isle here has opted to deny it and use this thread to tell jokes,

5 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Tatetopa

The OP has nothing to do with the US is why I find the second post confusing as to why his second post is about something that seems non-related.

People trying to enter our country illegally and the dangers of they face has everything to do with the us.

20 posts in and not a hint of compassion for the conditions those who try to come here face. It’s curious why nothing has improved at the border isn’t it?

I watched the guy's testimony until the congressman started talking. It was pretty interesting. He was also talking about the Indian tribes in Panama that were robbing and raping the South Americans as they made it through. Another reason to take their guns away.