Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon draws up plans to reverse-engineer UFOs

UM-Bot

from article:

The bill goes ever further than this, stipulating that Pentagon officials must also work together with the scientific community to understand any object that exceeds the "known state of the art in science or technology."

There are even plans to "replicate any such advanced characteristics and performance", or in other words, to reverse-engineer it.

"Protecting our national security interests means knowing who and what are flying in US airspace," said Rep. Ruben Gallego.

"Right now, our system of tracking and identifying UAPs is scattered throughout the Department of Defense and other departments and agencies of the federal government."

so this is official is it!? Or could this be someone's highly exaggerated interpretation of a bill that will look good in the ufo community? Who knows

• Like 2

All these years the government played it down like people were crazy. And all of the sudden we have all these new things coming. Apparently the truth is they know there is something or someone with far more technology than we have in our air space. And they are just now trying to figure it out. No wonder we are still burning fossil fuels.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Freez1 said:

All these years the government played it down like people were crazy. And all of the sudden we have all these new things coming. Apparently the truth is they know there is something or someone with far more technology than we have in our air space. And they are just now trying to figure it out. No wonder we are still burning fossil fuels.

They haven’t said anything like that.

They didn’t say there is someone with ‘far more technology’.

All they have said is that they have seen things which they can’t explain from the data they have.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Freez1 said:

Most people are crazy, or rather, vastly incorrect.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 12:21 PM, UM-Bot said:

New defense legislation plans have also called for the introduction of a rapid response team to investigate UFO reports.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/353383/pentagon-draws-up-plans-to-reverse-engineer-ufos

If they do recover a non-human UFO then I doubt they will even know what they are looking at.

On 12/10/2021 at 4:10 PM, Tatetopa said:

"Plans to replicate" assume a whole lot of capability we may not have. at the moment.  

True. You can't back engineer hardware unless you have an example of it as a template to follow. That's what the Russians did with an interned B-29 during WW2. Stalin ordered an exact copy to be constructed and the Russian engineers slavishy replicated each component so exactly, they even duplicated repair patches to the surface of the plane.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Pentagon draws up plans to reverse-engineer UFOs.....

Using downed alien UFO from New Mexico. ;)

Only just now?

But Men in Black was released in 1997.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/10/2021 at 5:21 AM, UM-Bot said:

New defense legislation plans have also called for the introduction of a rapid response team to investigate UFO reports.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/353383/pentagon-draws-up-plans-to-reverse-engineer-ufos

I can't stop laughing, this is too funny.   Like they didn't have a somewhat rapid response the previous crashes around the southwest.   Granted Socorro and Roswell had a time lapse, but anything after that the response was rapid.   

On 12/10/2021 at 4:07 PM, Twin said:

So, those of us crazies that have seen UFOs are maybe not so crazy now.

crazy? i've seen 4 ufos, ya know= something in the sky that i had no idea what it was

• Like 3

On 12/13/2021 at 7:50 PM, Dejarma said:

crazy? I've seen 4 ufos, ya know= something in the sky that i had no idea what it was

I agree somewhat to "I had no idea what it was".  BUT, My Wife & 2 children were with me.  We saw a disk from about 1/4 mile away.  From the different angles there was no change in its shape. It had aerodynamic single lights built in front and rear.  It had, what looked like a window, with a dull red light inside. I measured it with my thumb on my extended arm and the next day I viewed a couple trees at its location ( it was about 60 ft long).  It was traveling very slowly, maybe 10 or 15 mph, at about 20 ft. high, and made NO noise. It traveled across our 40 acre field (150 yards) and just short of our woods, It lifted to clear the trees' and lazily went on its way.  I don't know of any noise free aircraft that is about 60 ft long and can travel that slowly. Other than this I have no Idea what it was. 

So, they waste our money on pointless wars for decades and now this? Here's a clue, guys, you cannot reverse engineer something that does not exist. Duh!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2021 at 5:24 PM, Twin said:

I agree somewhat to "I had no idea what it was".  BUT, My Wife & 2 children were with me.  We saw a disk from about 1/4 mile away.  From the different angles there was no change in its shape. It had aerodynamic single lights built in front and rear.  It had, what looked like a window, with a dull red light inside. I measured it with my thumb on my extended arm and the next day I viewed a couple trees at its location ( it was about 60 ft long).  It was traveling very slowly, maybe 10 or 15 mph, at about 20 ft. high, and made NO noise. It traveled across our 40 acre field (150 yards) and just short of our woods, It lifted to clear the trees' and lazily went on its way.  I don't know of any noise free aircraft that is about 60 ft long and can travel that slowly. Other than this I have no Idea what it was. 

Sure, I've seen things I could not idenify too. But I can assure myself and everyone else that it was not aliens. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 6:22 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I can't stop laughing, this is too funny.   Like they didn't have a somewhat rapid response the previous crashes around the southwest.   Granted Socorro and Roswell had a time lapse, but anything after that the response was rapid.   

Our military has went all woke, it's all the rage. So now we can expect them to do nothing but pointless junk science. Well, at least they aren't invading the Middle East, for now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 1:12 PM, Trelane said:

I think it has to do with there have never been any extraterrestrial visitations. 

Exactly like everyone else. 

On 12/17/2021 at 9:24 AM, Hyperionxvii said:

Our military has went all woke, it's all the rage. So now we can expect them to do nothing but pointless junk science. Well, at least they aren't invading the Middle East, for now. 

Oh really, they do nothing but junk science? You have never been involved in any scientific projects sponsored by/involving the military I presume. 
Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://qz.com/2105887/the-us-military-is-testing-a-vaccine-designed-to-be-variant-proof/

On 12/17/2021 at 10:24 AM, Hyperionxvii said:

You are not very educated are you?   You probably think the military is what is portrayed in your movies, but it isn't.   The military in the U.S. and probably other countries has technology (based on SCIENCE) at least 20 years before the public ever hears about it.   The U.S. Navy developed the internet decades before any of us were using it or even understood it.   

https://qz.com/2105887/the-us-military-is-testing-a-vaccine-designed-to-be-variant-proof/

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 11:07 AM, Twin said:

So, those of us crazies that have seen UFOs are maybe not so crazy now.

Bang on, 

Of course, I always knew I was not so crazy, now or then. :-)

• Like 1