Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photographer captures ‘the image of Jesus’ in a wave

Eldorado

Tracey Bosworth was snapping the sea at Babbacombe in Devon on Tuesday 7th December when the water rose up to reveal what appeared to look like the religious figure.

The keen photographer from Torbay explains: “I have a relationship with the sea. I spend most of my time on the coast. It’s where I am happiest. I love watching the waves and I love taking photographs. Combining the two is my idea of heaven.

MSN

Edited by Saru
Image removed due to copyright - can be viewed in link.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

It could be an image of Captain Hook.    Or some woman.  :lol:

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It could be an image of Captain Hook.    Or some woman.  :lol:

Or Neptune, or Poseidon :D  

All in all, it's one enjoyable photo. No matter who sees what in it. (I can't see Jesus there, but I can see how author of the photo can.)

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Does anyone know what Jesus looked like?

He looked like jimmy hill.

• Haha 5

Proof.he looked like jimmy ' the chin:yes:' hill.corcovado-the-redeemer-face.jpg.9cd80eb0016704619b936f8c478ea248.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Is that the statue of Christ the Reporter?

Edited by acute
Sorry. Best I could do at short notice :/
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, acute said:

Is that the statue of Christ the Reporter?

Yes,yes it is.:tu:. Good game,good game.i can't do a good impersonation of jimmy.i always end up sounding like rigsby.

• Haha 1

It's the dude from the Led Zeppelin 4 album, the hermit (not the guy with the sticks on his back...although if you squint just right)

Edited by esoteric_toad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Berwen said:

Was there ever really a person called Jesus and how do they know what Jesus looked like? 

I don't think that accuracy of Jesus's looks can determine if someone's experience of seeing Jesus is real or not. And it certainly doesn't take the personal significance out of an experience. 

What I'm trying to say is that both if Jesus is going to appear to someone (in case he's really the Saviour), or if someone thinks Jesus appeared to them (in case it's just imagination) he will appear looking in the way that person imagines Jesus looked like. Otherwise people wouldn't recognize him (if it's him appearing) - or - it's logical that if you're imagining you're going to imagine based on the visual inventory in your head. 

Actual Jesus (if he really existed) almost certainly didn't look like he was depicted in renaissance paintings, but that's how people often imagine him. Why not? They're creating their image of the Son in Holy Trinity, it has little to nothing to do with archaeology. 

Translated to skeptic language: The author of that photo says is that the sea, with which he feels deep personal connection, responded by displaying a shape that reminds the author of his image of religious figure he considers real and significant.   

And that's so beautiful. Goosebumps-great. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Berwen said:

Was there ever really a person called Jesus and how do they know what Jesus looked like? 

'Jesus' was a common name, certainly in the top ten of male names in Judaea at the time that - erm - Jesus was alive.  It's a form of Joshua which was also popular.  At any given time there were probably hundreds of Jesuses bimbling around, minding their own businesses, riding donkeys up and down the high street and generally trying to avoid the Romans. 

They looked like average blokes from that part of the Bible.  Most had the usual number of arms, legs, beards and male genitalia.  Some were probably carpenters but that's a different thread. 

As for this photo - I don't think it's really is Jesus...

pareidola.thumb.jpg.12d80e756b7e07441d1882f28caa325a.jpg

... unless that's the name of her Dobermann?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's a pretty cool picture. I would have gone with Poseidon, tho.

As an aside, the key to religion is faith. The stronger the faith, the stronger the believer. Faith is belief without evidence. Miracles provide evidence. Evidence erodes the faith necessary to be a true believer. This is why science is God's greatest tool. Science roots out all God's hiding places, leaving faith alone in the bright light of knowledge. To still believe when the light is brightest and God is not there is a true believer indeed. This is what I would believe if I were a believer, but alas, I'm an atheist thru and thru.

Edited by Alpha_Q
Spellering
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Alpha_Q said:

It's a pretty cool picture. I would have gone with Poseidon, tho.

As an aside, the key to religion is faith. The stronger the faith, the stronger the believer. Faith is belief without evidence. Miracles provide evidence. Evidence erodes the faith necessary to be a true believer. This is why science is God's greatest tool. Science roots out all God's hiding places, leaving faith alone in the bright light of knowledge. To still believe when the light is brightest and God is not there is a true believer indeed. This is what I would believe if I were a believer, but alas, I'm an atheist thru and thru.

Well, to be honest, I'd be an atheist too if there was light in which it would be clear there is no higher power (usually called God). 

I've got some faith that simply is in my head, but I'd consider it a psychological phenomenon, a need to believe. It wouldn't be enough for me, I guess. 

But the Universe is not chaotic. Nothing would ever come into existence if there was only chaos. There has to be more. That's where I see that, what people call God. Of course, it's never my intention to suggest my opinion is in any way significant for anyone else. It's just my opinion. I often roll my eyes at my own opinion, so I don't mind if others do that too :D 

So, Poseidon, you say? Good choice. Lacks a trident, though. 

That isn't even GOOD pareidolia. And besides, Jeebus wouldn't appear in a wave. That'd be more a Poseidon/Neptune thing.

Jesus does do well with bread products and pavement stains, though.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

No matter what, that's one cool photo. I'd share it too.

Gandalf works too........ :ph34r:

• Like 3