Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cat noise

sanchez710

I've been in my house for about 2 years and nothing really unusual has happened unlike my previous house. The only strange thing was a really strong smell of 'old lady' one night. Anyway, the other afternoon I was in the kitchen and there was a really loud noise that sounded like a cats tail being trodden on. There are no pets in the house and the windows were closed. My wife and two daughters were in the the sitting room and I said 'what was that noise? Did you hear it?'. They said yes it sounded like a cat. It was really loud like it was right next to me. I checked around to see if a neighbours cat was somehow in the kitchen......nothing. Freaked us out a bit. Its possible the cat was outside and made a noise so loud it sounded like it was inside the house. Still weird though. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sanchez710 said:

I've been in my house for about 2 years and nothing really unusual has happened unlike my previous house. The only strange thing was a really strong smell of 'old lady' one night. Anyway, the other afternoon I was in the kitchen and there was a really loud noise that sounded like a cats tail being trodden on. There are no pets in the house and the windows were closed. My wife and two daughters were in the the sitting room and I said 'what was that noise? Did you hear it?'. They said yes it sounded like a cat. It was really loud like it was right next to me. I checked around to see if a neighbours cat was somehow in the kitchen......nothing. Freaked us out a bit. Its possible the cat was outside and made a noise so loud it sounded like it was inside the house. Still weird though. 

Yes it is possible the cat was outside.  I find it interesting that you noticed "old lady" smell one night.   I assume that is some perfume or is it something else?    

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Yes it is possible the cat was outside.  I find it interesting that you noticed "old lady" smell one night.   I assume that is some perfume or is it something else?    

It was like a musty smell. You know, like when you visit an old person. It was mixed with a smell of old fashioned scent, maybe like rosewater? Also a hint of urine. I awoke in the night and smelt it but it faded quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/23/2021 at 7:35 PM, sanchez710 said:

It was like a musty smell. You know, like when you visit an old person. It was mixed with a smell of old fashioned scent, maybe like rosewater? Also a hint of urine. I awoke in the night and smelt it but it faded quickly. 

Now I'm wondering how old we have to get before we start smelling of old scent with a hint of urine. So excited!

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/11/2021 at 4:01 AM, sanchez710 said:

Hello and welcome to the forum man I dont really know anything about the supernatural, but your comment that I highlighted above made me laugh real hard. So I must ask, what exactly what does and old lady smell like, and how familiar are you with that smell!!!!!!:w00t::lol::D

Peace dude!:tu:

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 12:35 PM, sanchez710 said:

Sometimes I smell cigarette smoke and no one smokes in my house.   I always think of my brother who passed on 1998.    I also sometimes smell a perfume that my mother's aunt used, (over used as she got older I think her sense of smell diminished).   My mother's aunt has never been in this house.   I think that sometimes a smell will waft past for an instant, reminding us of someone.  No one else may notice it because it is a message just for you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

All bets are off when we humans think we hear, smell, etc things while anywhere near a sleep state.

I have auditory hallucinations a lot when drifting snoozing.

And yeah, animal cries can and do carry,

Phantom smells are very cool phenomenon some subscribe it to paranomal or ghosts, i do not.

I used to work at a friends Santeria botanical and did lots of mixing of oils, herbs and spices, etc, i still do some soap candle and incense work, so yeah im tuned to smells,

At any time a scent can loft thru a place or structure, seems a scent can hide for a very long time, then again while we were using an upstairs bedroom i kept smelling cigarettes some nights and we dont smoke,

I noticed my light timer was off like power went off but it didnt and some trinkets were missing from my porch.

Well nothing paranormal some drifter was camping out in my bushes, using the receptical for my timer and smoking.

• Like 1