Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why is there anything instead of nothing?


trevor borocz johnson
 Share

Recommended Posts

The 'nothingness' of space does have a temperature. So space on its own has a small density that creates heat at a standstill. If there were to be nothing at all then the density and temperature of space would have to be infinitely zero which isn't possible. So instead of nothing you have heat that squeezes the universe and variations in the density of space as a medium.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

The 'nothingness' of space does have a temperature.

The nothingness of space by definition can't have a temperature because there are no molecules within a vacuum (as implied by the term vacuum) from which we can measure/average kinetic energy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

The nothingness of space by definition can't have a temperature because there are no molecules within a vacuum (as implied by the term vacuum) from which we can measure/average kinetic energy.

Do you think even though it can't be measured that temperature still exists however?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, trevor borocz johnson said:

Do you think even though it can't be measured that temperature still exists however?

I'd have no reason to suspect so, but I could be wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

why is there anything instead of nothing?

Because God/Brahman has a creative aspect.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Gravity fields provide the temperature of empty space. If space were infinitely cold, which is impossible, but if there was some point in space that was it would absorb all the energy and matter from the universe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

So since heat is infinetly divisible in both ways hot and cold is why something exists because the heat is small and dense and the cold expansive.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 3:45 AM, Nuclear Wessel said:

The nothingness of space by definition can't have a temperature because there are no molecules within a vacuum (as implied by the term vacuum) from which we can measure/average kinetic energy.

Space isn't a vacuum though. Even in the emptiest parts of space you still have the CMB, which measures about 2 degrees above absolute zero.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2022 at 8:35 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

Gravity fields provide the temperature of empty space.

No they don't

Quote

If space were infinitely cold, which is impossible, but if there was some point in space that was it would absorb all the energy and matter from the universe. 

You keep saying "infinitely cold" which is a meaningless sentence. You have a lowest possible temperature which is about -273 C.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/19/2022 at 9:06 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

So since heat is infinetly divisible in both ways hot and cold is why something exists because the heat is small and dense and the cold expansive.

Heat is not "infinitely" divisible. Heat is the movement of particles. This is by definition quantizable. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Space isn't a vacuum though. Even in the emptiest parts of space you still have the CMB, which measures about 2 degrees above absolute zero.

It's the closest thing that we have to a perfect vacuum, in all fairness... so for all intents and purposes, it's a vacuum. We can split hairs on this one, though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

It's the closest thing that we have to a perfect vacuum, in all fairness... so for all intents and purposes, it's a vacuum. We can split hairs on this one, though.

Well, if it was, it wouldn't have a temperature as you've pointed out. But the CMB is everywhere and does have a temperature.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Well, if it was, it wouldn't have a temperature as you've pointed out. But the CMB is everywhere and does have a temperature.

You're correct.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no "why" everything just is. "Why" implies purpose and purpose, in turn, implies a directed universe, a concept unsupported save by circular reasoning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can “nothing” EXIST?      No.    Therefore, there is…IS.  :yes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

You keep saying "infinitely cold" which is a meaningless sentence. You have a lowest possible temperature which is about -273 C.

Neat Emma well we already discussed this same BSYHP on another forum and determined that if the universe had a 'lowest possible temperature' that it would fill up with heat from stars. instead the heat dissipates. any comment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

if the universe had a 'lowest possible temperature' that it would fill up with heat from stars. instead the heat dissipates. any comment?

Stars do heat up the universe. But stars are small and the universe is huge. Its also expanding, meaning any heat generated by stars is stretched out and lost. 

This really isn't a mystery mate.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Stars do heat up the universe. But stars are small and the universe is huge. Its also expanding, meaning any heat generated by stars is stretched out and lost. 

So the heat put out by a star isn't backed up because the universe stretches it out? that would be weird. Where would it go to? wouldn't that spot in the universe fill quickly with heat?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

So the heat put out by a star isn't backed up because the universe stretches it out? that would be weird. Where would it go to? wouldn't that spot in the universe fill quickly with heat?

The first two videos should help with a few of the basics.

The third is much more relevant to your actual questions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

The first two videos should help with a few of the basics.

The third is much more relevant to your actual questions.

Its kind of scary that we use big nuclear power plants and X-ray machines when the basic understanding of space and heat for some is what is in those videos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Its kind of scary that we use big nuclear power plants and X-ray machines when the basic understanding of space and heat for some is what is in those videos.

Why? We have a pretty thorough understanding of how they work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

So the heat put out by a star isn't backed up because the universe stretches it out? that would be weird. Where would it go to? wouldn't that spot in the universe fill quickly with heat?

I don't know what you mean by "backed up". And what would "be weird"? I really don't think you're grasping how small any heat increase is compared to the sheer size of the universe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Its kind of scary that we use big nuclear power plants and X-ray machines when the basic understanding of space and heat for some is what is in those videos.

Umm... what??

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.