Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cops encountered 'werewolf' near the River Thames

UM-Bot

Not sure why they presume this 'wolf' like creature to be a 'werewolf'

Intriguing though, nonetheless.

• Like 1

Historic account.  I was thinking that meant 1890 or 1900 not 1990 and 2000.  The recent date lends it a bit more believability.  

On 12/14/2021 at 2:46 AM, Stiff said:

Not sure why they presume this 'wolf' like creature to be a 'werewolf'

Intriguing though, nonetheless.

Well… it was “were” it wasn’t meant to be….

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Many associate them to Dogman but others have called it in their location Bearzilla. Lousianna has two mixtures of believe of what the Rougarou is but one is of evil spirit and another a werewolf like creature. There are from Dogmen encounters radio different types of Dogmen so interesting listen to. Some believe it possibly a living species of Beardog from ancient times.

Out past Buckley WA out away from people in the mountains came across a little stream and around this was wet mud while hiking up a hill. I told my friend someone must have a very large pet dog with them. Then we came across a man and women up further on the hill the couple when asked were hunting for bears with their big guns and they had two big guns with them. I asked them if they had a large dog with them and they said no and asked why and I told them about the tracks just seen. They laughed at me stating it was probably a bear track, because the tracks were as large as my hand, but who was I to argue it looked like canine tracks because I'm not a tracker. This was before hearing about Dogman. Now it makes me wonder and wished had plaster for prints because these were perfect prints.

Edited by CryptoGirl

Dogmen, werewolves, chupa etc are folklore creatures of the mind , myths not to be included on lists of possible cryptozoological creatures.

• Like 1

There’s a not dissimilar account on Deborah Hatswell’s map of cryptid/strange sightings, which was Spotted in Crowthorne in 2020 I think?. Whilst a werewolf sounds completely ridiculous, given that Windsor and Crowthorne are on different sides of swinley forest, there could be something going on!