Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unidentified object filmed over Stechford, England

UM-Bot

So... It could be anything, since it's only 13 seconds long and no point of reference. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's either a balloon or blimp.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, b0wn said:

So... It could be anything, since it's only 13 seconds long and no point of reference. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's either a balloon or blimp.

Balloon was my first thought as well.  Hard to tell what the movement was like because it was obviously too far away to get a steady shot.  

• Like 1

You can use models to make drones any shape you want.   Probably a teenager playing with a drone that looks like some Stargate craft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can I just point out, for any that might wish to investigate further.  The place in which this ufo was filmed is Stetchford, not Stitchford.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Can I just point out, for any that might wish to investigate further.  The place in which this ufo was filmed is Stetchford, not Stitchford.

Updated the article - there seem to be three different versions of the place name, but it seems "Stechford" (without a second 't') is the correct one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Unidentified object filmed over Stechford, England
15 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

The UK has a Stechford, but no Stetchford.  It's in Birmingham.  It was probably a pretty little village once upon a time, but not any more.

This appears to be the fourth crap video posted on YouTube by "skywatcher Peter Benton".

3 minutes ago, Saru said:

Updated the article - there seem to be three different versions of the place name, but it seems "Stechford" (without a second 't') is the correct one.

AAAAARGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  You got in there first!

• Like 2

Very close to Castle Vale where there was a famous abduction case involving two ladies, missing timeand radiation sickness in the 80's. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More fake BS.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Very close to Castle Vale where there was a famous abduction case involving two ladies, missing time and radiation sickness in the 80's. 

... and possibly a three-litre bottle of BrainBlaster* 8.5% 'Cider' for £2.89 from the Co-op?

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

More fake BS.

No - it's 100% true.  There really is a 'skywatcher' called Peter Benton in Stechford.  Who thinks we all want to watch his crap fake BS vids.

*  Honest and ethical advertising slogan - "No apples were harmed in the manufacture of this 'beverage'."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

... and possibly a three-litre bottle of BrainBlaster* 8.5% 'Cider' for £2.89 from the Co-op?

No - it's 100% true.  There really is a 'skywatcher' called Peter Benton in Stechford.  Who thinks we all want to watch his crap fake BS vids.

*  Honest and ethical advertising slogan - "No apples were harmed in the manufacture of this 'beverage'."

The problem you have is that I have met one of the ladies involved.

You have not met either of them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Oh! I was wondering where Stitchford was! :D

When I saw Rendlesham mentioned, I was thinking East Anglia somewhere.

3 hours ago, Saru said:

You are right, even I got it wrong, I live 5 miles away :angry:

Didn’t see any UFO’s though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

and possibly a three-litre bottle of BrainBlaster* 8.5% 'Cider' for £2.89 from the Co-op?

Knowing Castle Vale very well, that’s probably the most genuine statement I’ve seen here for a long time :lol:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

It was probably a pretty little village once upon a time,

Yes, it was.

Spoiler

635139000_TheBullsHeadStechford1908_Breaddeliverycartsparkedoutsidemustbethedeliverymenslunchbreak.jpeg.cb6473ab4e46aa163488b0a9a796ae3e.jpeg

The Bulls Head pub. (1903, probably)

image.thumb.jpg.14f2ea1f4850c1a38327fbbee64f0ee1.jpg

The Trittiford Bridge over the River Cole.

Edited by acute
Found another nice pic!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 second video...yup, that's what I would shoot if there was an otherworldly vehicle in the sky. /s
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, b0wn said:

A balloon is usually stretched in the vertical direction while this thing is in the horizontal direction. A blimp is horizontal but I haven't seen a drop-shaped blimp, like this one. To me, it doesn't look quite like a balloon or a blimp.

15 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

The problem you have is that I have met one of the ladies involved.  You have not met either of them.

Sorry... explain that one please?  How is it a problem for me, that you claim to have met someone who claims to have - what, exactly?  Disappeared for a spell, and on their return has a hazy recollection of the weekend's events?  And this happened in the 80s but nobody knew about it until - when?  

The problem I have is that silly stories like this are just plain silly.  And the idea that two silly stories 40 years apart might in some way be linked because Stechford is barely three miles from Castle Vale. 

And how do you know I haven't met either of them, if nobody knows who they really are?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Sorry... explain that one please?  How is it a problem for me, that you claim to have met someone who claims to have - what, exactly?  Disappeared for a spell, and on their return has a hazy recollection of the weekend's events?  And this happened in the 80s but nobody knew about it until - when?  

The problem I have is that silly stories like this are just plain silly.  And the idea that two silly stories 40 years apart might in some way be linked because Stechford is barely three miles from Castle Vale. 

And how do you know I haven't met either of them, if nobody knows who they really are?

Hazy weekend events?

They were sober, going to work.on the edge of the Castle Cale estate.

They didn't recall anything apart from under hypnosis.

3 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Hazy weekend events?  They were sober, going to work.  on the edge of the Castle Cale estate.  They didn't recall anything apart from under hypnosis.

I was only speculating, since I had no details or useful information to use.  And I'm very little the wiser now.  Are you talking about The Largely Unknown Alien Abduction of Carol and Helen Thomas  www.getcher_bull$h!t_'ere, cos if so you're really scraping the barrel of BS hoping for a solid gold base. 

First: It is possible that Carol and Helen are not the real names of the people involved in this particular caseSo maybe you know someone who says she's a person from this story?  And you believe her because her name is Carol or Helen, even though that's almost certainly not the correct name?  Or you believe her because she's not called Carol or Helen, which could, quite frankly, be any female of a certain age range.

Second - and this should really be first - hypnosis?  Really?  And it doesn't bother you that you can make anyone 'remember' anything under hypnosis?  And they waited six years first?  And then went - not to the cops or a priest or a shrink - to a UFO 'researcher'.  Where they 'recalled' having eggs removed via a glass tube through the navel, etc.  And by 'etc.' I mean 'and all the standard boring abduction garbage'.

In summary - it's a silly story MADE UP by silly people.  i don't know their motives, nor do I care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

What self-respecting alien would travel the galaxy in a POS like that? Nothing but a trash bag balloon filled with helium.
  • Haha 1

Oh wow, look at this! Another 'UFO' video filmed by a 1990 flip phone by a drunk person during an earthquake. Why are these always that same drunk guy with a 1990 flip phone during an earthquake? Oh yeah, we already know, because there ain't no freaking aliens!

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Haha 2