Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA probe 'touches the sun' in landmark spaceflight

Eldorado

"Touching the sun," as NASA's Thomas Zurbuchen described it, "is a monumental moment for solar science and truly remarkable feat."

The probe flew through the atmosphere at more than 500,000 km/h (320,000 mph), withstanding enormous temperatures thanks to its carbon composite coating.

"Not only does this milestone provide us with deeper insights into our Sun's evolution and its impacts on our solar system, but everything we learn about our own star also teaches us more about stars in the rest of the universe," he added.

MSN

• Like 3

On 12/15/2021 at 9:18 AM, Eldorado said:

"Touching the sun," as NASA's Thomas Zurbuchen described it, "is a monumental moment for solar science and truly remarkable feat."

The probe flew through the atmosphere at more than 500,000 km/h (320,000 mph), withstanding enormous temperatures thanks to its carbon composite coating.

"Not only does this milestone provide us with deeper insights into our Sun's evolution and its impacts on our solar system, but everything we learn about our own star also teaches us more about stars in the rest of the universe," he added.

MSN

That probe is sturdy ! Probably his existence will end in a fiery destruction.

• Like 1

It amazes me how our silicone spatulas don't melt when I forget and leave them on the burner. Could never have imagined something that looks like plastic and would not melt on a 400 degree oven back when I was a kid. I guess we've now taken it a step further. I guess that's the point...
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 5:52 PM, Hyperionxvii said:

It amazes me how our silicone spatulas don't melt when I forget and leave them on the burner. Could never have imagined something that looks like plastic and would not melt on a 400 degree oven back when I was a kid. I guess we've now taken it a step further. I guess that's the point...

Yes it’s called poly coated Carbon Fiber!